• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kudos to Autowave

Just before hitting 200k miles on my daily driven 91, I finally was able to get my car to Autowave just before Thanksgiving. I knew going in, that it needed a new clutch, besides the typical TB/WP service.

It was money well spent! I'm very happy with the results. They found some issues that I had suspected, but was unable to confirm, and then some. They were mostly wear and tear items [after all, she has 200k miles!] I picked up the car just before Christmas during the "9 days of rain", so I was unable to "drive" it. I then had to leave the country on business, which meant no fun for another month:mad: I finally get back, and take her out for a spin...car runs better than I've ever felt it since owning it!

Shane and Mike are definitely the Dynamic Duo at Autowave. They kept me informed, provided advice and recommendations, before, during, and after the service! People complain that they are pricey...I feel that it was money well spent for the services that I received, and more importantly, not having to bring it back for "adjustments".

I flew Mike up to tune my car and I was very satisfied. Considering his level of experience with these cars I didn't find his rates out of line. I would have spent more getting someone local to try and figure everything out and still not have received as good a tune in my opinion. Next time I am down south I intend to stop by their shop.

Back