• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KW suspension Hot Summer sales

I was getting so much advice to upgrade my suspension from my current Bilstein/Zanardi combo that I looked up KW's internet site to see if the prices had changed?
It's my lucky day as there is a promotion going on for their V3 suspensions at least for Europe.
It's 350 Euros off for the clubsport and 250 Euros for the std version.
I went for the clubsport at that price!
They come standard with a 80N/mm spring rate front and rear so quite close to the NSX-R as far as I know?
Delivery however is quoted between 4 to 6 weeks.
Never mind I can just see the Porsche's getting closer day by day.

https://www.kwsuspensions.net/

great news..I expect a full review:cool:

great news..I expect a full review:cool:

You bet!
In any case, I'll send you the invoice if I can't improve my lap time by at least 1.5 seconds!

haha....blame your tires next if you don't:tongue:

Keep us informed. I just installed Clubsport instead of 12 years old Tein Flex. It was a 3 weeks delay. I am waiting for the next track event. I have difficulty to evaluate by how much my lap times will drop (if they do ...).

Keep us informed. I just installed Clubsport instead of 12 years old Tein Flex. It was a 3 weeks delay. I am waiting for the next track event. I have difficulty to evaluate by how much my lap times will drop (if they do ...).
I can't speak for the track but on the street the standard version's valving is astonishingly good. The backside of KW is the quality/longlivity. They can't keep up with Bilsteins monotube quality which live nearly forever.
Zanardi/Bilstein is a good street combo but track? I'd say no.

I can't speak for the track but on the street the standard version's valving is astonishingly good. The backside of KW is the quality/longlivity. They can't keep up with Bilsteins monotube quality which live nearly forever.
Zanardi/Bilstein is a good street combo but track? I'd say no.

You are right I've had the Bilstein's for at least 10 years without any problem.
The combo with Zanardi springs worked well for me.
I left the rear on it's upper position and I had a new groove done on the front Bilstein's to get the ride height just between the low and high position.
With the Comptech camber kit the suspension was quite satisfactory to me even on track with a good front to rear balance with my 22 mm sway bars

My KW V3 Clubsport's came in today!
Very nice packaging for sure.

Attachments

• DSCF7440.jpg
    DSCF7440.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 374
Many months later....... review?
I'm afraid I can't give any feedback so far, the reason beeing that I crashed the car during my first track outing with the new suspension...
It was 90% my fault as I took the car out on track under pouring rain with my Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires.
These tires are terrible when cold and this was compounded by the fact that the track ( Nogaro) had been used for truck races previously making it really treacherous.
In 20 years of track days it's the first time I hit the tire wall lining the armco barriers.
The problem occured when accelerating through an opening bend.
I lost the back end instantaneously and while I caught the spin the car was already surfing on the wet grass until it hit the tires at the entrance of the next turn.
It damaged the Downforce bumper and right wing including the 2002 model headlight.
As Downforce can't commit to any delivery date, I had to order a new bumper from Route KS.
I hope to get the car on the road again by end of january.
Given the cost of a relatively minor repair, I'm really hesitating taking the car out for future track day meetings.
One last point: the rise in torque and power on a turbocharged engine is so strong once it reaches full boost that it makes it very difficult to modulate at the limit no forgetting the turbo lag.
Cutting the throttle is probably not the best answer in this situation and in hindsight I should maybe have declutched instead.
I believe that's done when driving on ice?

Last edited:
Damn. That is awful. And that’s why I don’t like turbos for track use. Tons of Random load options at any given rpm. Not consistent. It can be, but even for the most experienced, it’s still not as easy and repeatable as naturally aspirated..

Back