• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KW V3 arriving for the NSX

hey mike stop fckin around on prime and give me back my car. u've had it for 1 year, how much longer do you wanna keep it for? u cant fix shit so give it back to me and give me back my money. i'm gonna call the LV police dept pretty soon if i don't get my ride back

Sorry to hear about your car and hopefully you and Mike resolve it. He is not a part of FXMD so please pursue this with him directly.

Mods if you could please move this matter to the vendor feedback forums that would be great.

Typical - FYI:

Mike is Factor X Racing (engine work, tuning, etc...) And is a separate from Factor X Motorsports (which no longer exists, has been changed to FX Motorsports Development, is a partnership between Ken and myself, and is a Development/R&D company and NSX race team).

Mike is not a part of the FXMD company and Lud has not responded to our emails to change the Factor X Motorsports user profile to FXMD.

You would have better luck searching LV strip clubs to get ahold of Mike, than posting irrelevant comments on my thread.

I underastand your frustration and sincerely wish you the best of luck. I've been in similar situations with other people and my own car in the past and it is the most frustrating, unnerving thing in the world.

-Billy

Custom Spring Packages by FX Motorsports Development
Use the spectacular KW dampers with custom spring rates for your specific setup. We are now offering "Track Packages" for the NSX V3 application. Those wanting a custom tailored setup for their KW V3s can choose from the following spring packages:

-Clubsport
-NSX Type S
-NSX-R (NA1)
-NSX-R (NA2)
-Any spring combination you want (track, street, comfort oriented) tailored to your specific application and needs through our years of NSX racing experience.

If you want a firmer ride, better balance for your specific setup, are a track/canyon carver, this is the option for you.

Email [email protected] if interested (please no PMs).

Typical - FYI:

Mike is Factor X Racing (engine work, tuning, etc...) And is a separate from Factor X Motorsports (which no longer exists, has been changed to FX Motorsports Development, is a partnership between Ken and myself, and is a Development/R&D company and NSX race team).

Mike is not a part of the FXMD company and Lud has not responded to our emails to change the Factor X Motorsports user profile to FXMD.

You would have better luck searching LV strip clubs to get ahold of Mike, than posting irrelevant comments on my thread.

I underastand your frustration and sincerely wish you the best of luck. I've been in similar situations with other people and my own car in the past and it is the most frustrating, unnerving thing in the world.

-Billy

Custom Spring Packages by FX Motorsports Development
Use the spectacular KW dampers with custom spring rates for your specific setup. We are now offering "Track Packages" for the NSX V3 application. Those wanting a custom tailored setup for their KW V3s can choose from the following spring packages:

-Clubsport
-NSX Type S
-NSX-R (NA1)
-NSX-R (NA2)
-Any spring combination you want (track, street, comfort oriented) tailored to your specific application and needs through our years of NSX racing experience.

If you want a firmer ride, better balance for your specific setup, are a track/canyon carver, this is the option for you.

Email [email protected] if interested (please no PMs).

"Irrelevant comments?"

You think i wanna come on here and screw up your thread or tarnish the reputation of awesome company starting with the name factor x . . . ?

This is the only relevant thing i've done in the last 3 months while trying to call or email mike for my car, and guess what it worked because he just called me. I guess it IS relevant because the only way a customer can get in touch with "you" guys is by posting a comment.

you're probably assuming that its been so long and that you and ken aren't related in this matter but actually this has been 4 years in the making. I just happen to give mike another chance 1 year ago to fix my car, that was my stupid fault. but anyways, he always referred to ken as his partner while taking my money so at the time when i paid for it, seems like ken and mike were "factor x"

i don't mean any offense or disrespect to ken or billy or anyone here but i will do whatever it takes to get my nsx and my money back. even if that means suing the name "factor x . . . " maybe you guys should change the name to something other than "factor x . . ." oh but then all the new customers won't remember all the races you guys won.

if you want to continue the name, people should be able to know the good things(all the races won etc.) and all the bad things (how factor x ripped people off).

when people get ripped off, its ALWAYS relevant.

I agree its ALWAYS relevant as long as it is directed to the proper party.

Maybe we should change the name to we are not mike angel racing. Not sure why he would say I am his partner since I resigned and dissolved it around 2004. In regards to me stealing your money or implying that fx motorsports development llc or billy johnson has anything to do with this mess is a pretty big statement to make in a public forum about another entity that has nothing to do at all with this issue. Myself as well as billy are stand up guys and I really have no reason to steal anyones money, I am more into giving it away:). Either way I hope this gets resolved in the near future.

I will add to Kens comment. I race cars professionally and have met Ken and formed a relationship with him to first drive for and now run the FXMD race car, team, and bring my racing experience and engineering background and resources to the NSX and aftermarket community.

While I have compasion for you and it is relevant to help the community avoid getting screwed, it IS irrelevant to my race team and company. We are not FactorX, Mike is not apart of the company, and to father in any problems you have with that individual does not belong in my thread but rather its own thread under buyer/seller section with Mike Angel and Factor X, NOT my company or the services we provide. While "FX" pays tribute to the history of FactorX, it is not an acronym for that name, nor is it associated in any way. Yes their has been issues with Mike in the past, but those problems are already known, and separate from FXMD. Please leave your issues separate from my company.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck and you do have to take whatever actions you must, but it does not belong here.

Ask anyone who has delt with myself or FX Motorsports Development and you will probably hear nothing but good things.

-Billy

Now I'm at compression -7 front, -6 rear and rebound -6 front and -5 rear (all from full stiff). It's a very good compromise...Stiffer than -5 for compression results in more or less pronounced car movement over bumps.

Update: So far I've tried 40 different settings with 2 sets of wheels on 2 different test roads (fast and slow). Here are some results.

For a weekend driver with very, very much comfort which I first worked on this is my setting:
Front comp. 8 (clicks from full stiff)
Rear comp. 7
Front rebound 9
Rear rebound 8
It's not super-sporty and not good for very fast driving like on the German autobahn but in the mountains it's a good setup for me.
But that's the good thing about them as you CAN adjust them to have the car super-comfortable your g/f will never complain about, despite the 335 lb/in (6 kg/mm) springs. :) One thing: I don't know what the rebound settings of 12+ are for. 12-18 are useless IMO.

Wheels are 02+ with 215/40 and 255/40 RE050A's on a 91 coupe. My 16/17 wheels with smaller tires are a little bit harsher.

A fast run on the German Autobahn let me adjust rebound to f6/r6. f7/r7 is a tad too soft, less than or equal 4 gets harsh, adding no more high-speed stability than5/5 above 140mph.

Now I'm working in another direction and changed comp. to f4/r3 while leaving rebound at f6/r6. It feels very different and much sportier. ok more NSX-like. It lets you know the condition of the road but in an acceptable frame. Now working on more settings...

Last edited:
Glad to hear the positive feedback Gold.

I've tended to like the Compression a little higher than rebound myself. But "ride quality" is subjective and 7-8 would be on the softer side of my street spectrum (which is way more compliant/comfortable than many coilovers out there).

The 343lb rates are very streetable and soft, you could easily go up another 1-200lbs and still be very comforable. :smile:

Last edited:
As you say comfort is very subjective. So I try to explain it with a comparison other drivers also know: With my soft setting described above I've tried to max out the comfort as much as possible and astonishingly it can be adjusted to be even more comfortable than bone stock. :)

What is the difference in Newton between one click to the other of rebound? Is it linear or progressive?

If I go from the 335 to a softer spring say 5 kg/mm (280 lb/in) theoretically what are the recommendations: Less rebound I guess (how much about?), compression rest the same? Just a theoretical question.

Last edited:
Like you said the damping range is very soft at the lower half of the spectrum which I personally don't find useful atall even for street comfort use as the car becomes under-damped.

I would be hesitant to go lower than KWs 343lb-in (60N/mm - NOT an even Kg/mm number). To answer youtr theoretical question, both compression and rebound can be softened slightly, but I wouldn't go lower for the same reason I wouldn't go very low on the 343lb rates -to avoid being under damped, floaty, etc...

These rates are softer than most coilovers out there, are more comfortable, and use their proper/well designed dampers to control the body roll when stiffened (reason they can get away with softer rates for track use).

Billy

I have just received the KW V3. My nsx is 1991 JDM. I am running F17/40/215 and R18/265/35. I have the nsx-r chassis bar and front sway bar.

I am in the midst of converting from auto to manual. I am waiting for my Prospeed turbo kit and aim to shoot for 45rwhp.

Which setting should i dial in for the KW V3?

TIA

Back