• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Last One - Sun Nov 1

Jim,

I just booked VIR Nov 6th>8th with the P-car.....I can't get away on the 1st, month-end with the business and too many reports to run. Actually taking Susan with me, since the hotel on site is so high priced....might as well have company on the 500 mile drive!:smile:

Do me a favor and e-mail me the video of you chasing me at Mid Ohio...the video is 25 mb and I'm having trouble moving from my laptop:frown:.

Regards,

Ray

Last edited:
I plan on going as of now

if the weathers warm enough dare I bring the CGT??

maybe Ill bring both :D

and I got $100 kyle doesnt show up
got another $100 if he does show up out of spite he cant break 1:27 to save his life

you were running 1:20-1:25 all day
hell I even got a 1:22 :D

Dan,

You should try out your Carrera GT.....it will be fun to compare to your Lambo! See how long it takes you, until you let off going into turn 1...:rolleyes: Remember no coasting.....hard on the gas, then hard on the brakes, right Jim?

you planning on still going Jim??

Sunday looks like high of 55 and partly sunny, which means most of the day it will be in the 40s and clouds will keep the sun from warming the track up :(

I'm going. I think Curtis is too with his NSX.

Accuweather.com - Sunny 60. :smile:

Weather.com - AM cloud/PM Sun 53. :rolleyes:

Intellicast.com P Cloudy/Sunny 55.

I'm going with Accuweather. I think it's going to be a good day. The track will be dry and Putnam always has plenty of grip even when it's cool (unlike the sealer at Mid Ohio).

Dan you'll be kicking yourself if you skip out and the day turns out great. Like that big Pussy - Kyle who can't go because he has Bengal's tickets. It is Nov after all and it is the last one of the year. It's going to be a long winter. At least my brother lives near Sebring and lets me borrow his Mercedes for the day with out asking questions. :tongue:

Last edited:
Jim,

If you end up with some free time next week, I'm sure VIR would welcome another instructor! Weather (Alton, VA):frown: doesn't look very good, but either did Mid Ohio, and we got in most of the runs. This will be my 5th track event in '09....hard to believe!

Enjoy you day at Putnam Sunday, I'm sure it will be a fun day!

57 and sunny
Im in
Ill drive the Diablo in the morn and CGT later when it warmer :D

great day and nothing but fun, and spins :D
Jim as usual was a matserful teacher and was briliant at getting my to tame the rev happy beast :)
whens it warmer and I got new tires with more tread dept hopefully it cure some of its tail happiness :)
the last session with tailinig Jim Avery in the Viper said he was pacing me around 1:23s :), so I closed the 5 second gap with the Lambo. I owe it to Jim (CL65 Captain) :)

Tired, will edit the videos later. But here is a quick teaser.

<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KHk3_iE4oJs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KHk3_iE4oJs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Wow!
The weather could not have been more perfect, great company and the host organization did a superb job.
Any Primer in the region with an interest in truly exploring their NSX's performance envelope would enjoy a 10/10ths Motorsports event.
Well run with great personal in-car instruction available by instructors like Jim and a TON of track time ( 4 hours per group, 3 groups ) for an amazingly low price.
And Dan to keep things interesting...:biggrin:

Looks like it was fun! That CGT sounds amazing!

Spins??? Who??

Ever heard that joke (before Woody Hayes died, of course, otherwise it wouldn't have been funny) where a guy goes to Heaven and sees a football game going on and sees Woody Hayes on the sidelines and says "I didn't know Woody was dead" and St Peter replies, "He's not, that's Jesus and he thinks he's Woody Hayes" ? Ever heard that joke?

Apparently Jesus thinks that he is Danny Sullivan too...

A Woody Hayes AND a Danny Sullivan reference in the same post? How freakin' old am I anyway?

Personally I can't wait for Jim to post shots of 3 foot flames leaving the back of my car. You know how sooty NSX exhaust tips can get? Mine were never cleaner than after that session, clean as new in fact. Literally "blown out".

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rsbYyZPVpig&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rsbYyZPVpig&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kIFxmbCUAPo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kIFxmbCUAPo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

OK, Curt. Best way to learn is to see your car from behind.

Notice the difference between where you "thought" your car was and where it actually was.

Watch your line and where my car is on the track and learn. :)

Last edited:
Wear
Where

(Belongs in another thread perhaps but better coming from a friend)

The chase footage is really helpful and has given me some new ideas for searing Salmon. The usually sooty NSX tail pipes were sparkling clean, still were when I got home and still were when I gave the car a good bath today.

Seriously, thanks again for the great company, generosity with your time and quality instruction. Had the day started without the coolant purge onto the rear tires and the resulting lack of traction, I'd have probably selected different turn entry gear selections- especially in #7- and would have certainly established more turn-in confidence sooner.

The 6 speed conversion and the 4.55 RP left me in between at the end of some of the short straights. I was too close to upshift but far enough that I had to just hold just off the limiter instead of continuing to accelerate all the way to the turn. Especially into #5.

I've already been in touch with Bill about next season with 10/10ths and joining their Alumni program to do more sessions next season. Certainly with more appropriate track tires. Aside from that, I'm pretty satisfied with the car's overall set-up- maybe another dyno tune, eh?

2nd most fun that I've had with my clothes on. You know if TB sees this thread he'll have our a**es...

Curt,

I told you that one time and you would be hooked! Glad to hear you enjoyed the experience......helps having Jim around to guide you too!

I can't wait to try out VIR this Friday......:biggrin:

Dan goes off at the end. :rolleyes:

<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0LGIhuUmojE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0LGIhuUmojE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

Curt's fastest lap - 130.1 (red)
Jim's fastest lap - 121.2 (blue).

attachment.php

Attachments

• Curt_vs_Jim.jpg
    Curt_vs_Jim.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
sweet :)
I was kinda all over there with my lines eh
and I think I was braking too much and loosing alot of speed into the turns I could have just scrubbed off. And leaving it in 4th could pull out of much better, rather than being too slow int he corner and gossing it coming out and losing the ass end :(

Jim= best instructor ever :D

and nice flames Curt

Back