• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Leaking Oil. Need an idea of what the part is.

Hello.

I had my car to the shop and had the oil changed. I was told by the mechanic that I was leaking oil from a part that he didnt know what it was. SO I took it to a place that deals with Acuras and Hondas and they to had no idea what it was. I am going to do my best in describing it as I dont have access to a lift and cant get a good picture or it. SO here it goes.

If you are looking next to the front exhaust manifold and follow it about 6 inchs up and attached to the block there is this sensor or some thing. It has a black cap and two screws holding it to the motor that I can see. It has just one wire coming out the top of it. Its just below the front head cover. I have looked on Del Ray Acuras website and some others to see if I could find out what it is.

The problem is, I am seeping oil out from around the screws. Like the "O" ring or something that is in there went bad. Any and all input would be of a great help as it is annoying when you pull to a stop light and you can smell the oil dripping onto your exhaust manifold.

Thank you for your time

Oil pressure sending unit? Or if you're looking at the engine from the driver's side, it could also be the spool valve assembly (?)

Last edited:
Thank You for your reply sir,

If you are looking from the bottum of the motor up. Its on the front side next to the front exhaust manifold. Almost up against the fire wall. Its right above the front motor mount. I will look up the two items you mentioned.

Thank You again.

You are describing the oil pressure sending unit.

I'm surprised your mechanic does not know what it is, because it really does look like every other oil pressure sending unit I've seen.

btw: did your crank threads get repaired?

drew

You are describing the oil pressure sending unit.

I'm surprised your mechanic does not know what it is, because it really does look like every other oil pressure sending unit I've seen.

btw: did your crank threads get repaired?

drew

Thank You Drew. I was starting to think thats what it was after looking at all the pictures of sending units I could find on the internet and the gentleman before you pointing it out at well.

As for the crank. I ended up getting a new one. I am happy with the way things turned out. I ended up having to rebuild the top end of the car again since it jumped time and what not. I had 6 or so bent valves. I cant complain. Its got 20k plus miles on it since the rebuild. Thats two trips cross country and now it turned into my daily driver.

Thank you again for your input.

Back