• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LED Backup Lightbulb

The NSX taillight lens are not "clear" so an LED light bulb back there won't make a difference. Others have tried and confirmed this for us. :)

The part over the backup light is clear (or light pink). Don't know if there is a drop-in bulb, though. Probably not.

I know the taillight lenes are red colored but the backup light lens is clear, isn't it? Will a LED lightbulb still not make a difference if the backup light lens is clear-ish?

Reverse light with white 42 LED
IMG_3670.JPG

Last edited:
My lights were done by Clearcorner and it is alot brighter than stock blubs. I would try to find a stock picture of reverse lights and compare them.

ChrisNSX, thanks for the picture post. However, sometimes it is very difficult to tell what something truly looks like from a picture (especially true of lights). In your opinion, are the LEDs for the backup lights brighter and/or whiter than the OEM bulbs?

I have the same exact LED kit. They're much brighter and a pure white color. I've also replaced the interior dome lights, the lights on the doors when you open, the DRL int he front headlights (02+), and the tag light with LED's. It really gives the car an updated fresh look.

Sorry I don't have the reserves lights on in this photo.. :(

LEDTail-Night.jpg

Last edited:
I'd be willing to buy a bulb and try it. How difficult is it to access the backup light bulb? Directions please?

According to Sylvania's website, the replacment bulb is a 1156.

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/AutoLRG-Results.htm

I was thinking of buying one of those LED plug in bulbs on Ebay and trying it.

I have the same exact LED kit. They're much brighter and a pure white color. I've also replaced the interior dome lights, the lights on the doors when you open, the DRL int he front headlights (02+), and the tag light with LED's. It really gives the car an updated fresh look.

Sorry I don't have the reserves lights on in this photo.. :(

LEDTail-Night.jpg

i ordered mine on ebay a few weeks back i send them an email said its on the way. I`m going to check my mail today see what happens. but i do remember back in 97 seeing a nsx with some nice back up bulbs it had like small hint of blue so im hoping to get the same result.

Back