• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Let Serviceman Drive Black Beauty

Very, very cool indeed. I'd do the same if the circumstances were right.

That's the difference between "supporting the troops" and REALLY being on their side. I hate politicians' BS. Sorry for the rant.

I was waiting until I bought my NSX to make my first post but this thread deserves immediate props.

My Brother (14 years younger) is an infantryman in the 10th Mountain Division of the Army and is in his 4th month of an 18-month tour. I just copied this entire thread and e-mailed it to him. He is a car nut and will appreciate the story.

Well Done.

Greetings
I appreciate all of the nice comments. I too was in the military over 30 years ago (not sure how that can be, because I don't feel old enough). Some guy gave me a ride in a Pantera just before I left for an all expense paid trip to Asia. I did not get to drive it, but the ride was enough.

Martin

what do you call the Oil-for-food program in Iraq? dont tell me its not real.

Um, that program was setup by the United Nations during the Clinton Administration.

That has nothing to do with Bush. Good try though.

Not to the mention that program ended with the newest war in Iraq. You have yet to tell me how much oil we've pumped from Iraq since the Iraq war.

Any other proof we went in there for oil? Have you even been to Iraq? Have you even met an Iraqi? I couldn't take pictures of the Iraqis I worked with because they were in fear of being killed. But they worked with us because they want to better their country. I'm damn proud of what I did, and the mission of rebuilding Iraq. So before you use the argument that I was there to take their oil you need to back it up.

+3000.BTW Nice gesture.Whether you believe in war or not our service men and woman fight what we fear.

Greetings
I go to a little coffee shop that I like. There was a young man in uniform there with his parents -- I did not recognize him, because he is now grown up. He complimented me on BB. I asked him why he was in uniform on the weekend. He was getting ready to fly to the east coast to go to Iraq. I let him drive the BB about 5 miles. His parents took a couple of pictures too so he can brag to the boys and have a picture to back up the claim.

Cheers,
Martin

Awesome story Martin and cheers to you for being a good American and a good human being.

My opinion, and only my opinion, is that no matter how you feel about the war in Iraq we all owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to the men and women in uniform. They are true heroes and I tip the proverbial cap to them.

Greetings
I appreciate all of the nice comments. I too was in the military over 30 years ago (not sure how that can be, because I don't feel old enough). Some guy gave me a ride in a Pantera just before I left for an all expense paid trip to Asia. I did not get to drive it, but the ride was enough.

Martin
25 years in (Active/Reserve) and I've had a Pantera (bought in San Diego) since 1986.
:)

Back