• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Let Serviceman Drive Black Beauty

Greetings
I go to a little coffee shop that I like. There was a young man in uniform there with his parents -- I did not recognize him, because he is now grown up. He complimented me on BB. I asked him why he was in uniform on the weekend. He was getting ready to fly to the east coast to go to Iraq. I let him drive the BB about 5 miles. His parents took a couple of pictures too so he can brag to the boys and have a picture to back up the claim.

Cheers,
Martin

Good move Martin.:biggrin:

Very cool of you Martin! Wow that would be tops on NSX Prime's good will gestures for sure.

Just think you might have created another NSX future owner or perhaps given this kid something to look forward to when he gets back...

I'm impressed with your gesture!

even though i dont believe in this war, we need to support our troops. i have family over there protecting my freedom and the innocent iraqi's freedom. if bush said he went to war to get rid of suddam, it would of been ok with me, but he said WMD, i dont buy it. just tell us the truth man, plus he wanted oil. besides the point, support our AMERICAN TROOPS.

Greetings

He drove about 3 miles on the freeway. He got it up to 80 or so. He did romp her a couple of times on the street at stop lights. I think he really enjoyed it -- I know that I did.

Martin

even though i dont believe in this war, we need to support our troops. i have family over there protecting my freedom and the innocent iraqi's freedom. if bush said he went to war to get rid of suddam, it would of been ok with me, but he said WMD, i dont buy it. just tell us the truth man, plus he wanted oil. besides the point, support our AMERICAN TROOPS.

Show me a drop of oil we've gotten from Iraq. I've been there myself. Oil is not a priority. Stop listening to biased news reports.

You just make that guys day, a very nice thing for you to do. I have been though what he has, and it isn't easy for him or his family.

Nice gesture...

Martin, very nice of you. I too enjoy letting people drive my NSX. Seeing the smiles on their faces makes it worth it.

Show me a drop of oil we've gotten from Iraq. I've been there myself. Oil is not a priority. Stop listening to biased news reports.

what do you call the Oil-for-food program in Iraq? dont tell me its not real.

Martin! Total Class gesture on your part. Well done!

I'd do the same if the opportunity comes up. Thanks for putting the idea out there for us to consider.

Martin,
I think you made his day. Hats-off to you.

Last edited:
I lost my legs in Iraq, thats pretty much how I got my NSX. On a funny note, its really hard to say which Id rather have now that I can walk again HAHAHA. But serioulsy Id do the same if I ever see another service member looking. Id do it in a heart beat.

I did something else I always wanted to do, pulled up to a light. A homeless person was on the corner, I rolled down the window and handed him a $20. It was all I had.
-cheers

I lost my legs in Iraq, thats pretty much how I got my NSX. On a funny note, its really hard to say which Id rather have now that I can walk again HAHAHA. But serioulsy Id do the same if I ever see another service member looking. Id do it in a heart beat.

I did something else I always wanted to do, pulled up to a light. A homeless person was on the corner, I rolled down the window and handed him a $20. It was all I had.
-cheers

I am sorry about your loss...and thank you for your "in-country" service! I'm a driling Reservist but have not mobilized in-country...yet!

Back