• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lexus LF-A will triple GT-R's price

But the real question is, With a 200k car would you use the drive-thru?

Don't eat fast food, but if I had a hungry passenger-sure I'd do it.

we cant say that they dont care about maintenance cost. if they dont care, all the Ferraris are low mileage. if they dont care, they will just drive as much as they can. how come people dont keep them so long? there was an article that talking about cost on driving a ferrari. LOL. like every mile u drive, it cost a Crispy Chicken in Mcdownalds':biggrin:

Good point but it's not about maintenance costs. First of all, you'd be surprised at how many have low miles on their exotics simply because they don't have the time to drive them often. My business partner drives his 430 whenever he has time and has averaged only 120 miles per month or so.

Being single and much more of a car nut, I drive my 360 way more often but still, I've only averaged just over 3k miles per year. This is just weekend driving of course.

The pain of putting miles on your Ferrari has more to do with the value of the car- both the financial value and the psychological value. It might sound retarded but a 20k mile Ferrari is the same, psychologically, as 70k miles on another car. A 30k mile Ferrari is like a 100k mile car. The value of the car at resell also takes a much bigger hit if you drive the car more than 3k miles per year.

Generally, if you can afford a nice Lambo or F car w/o too much trouble, then you can afford the maintenance and the depreciation that comes with it. Same would go for the lexus. Depreciation and maintenance is a rather lame reason to down any of those vehicles with those types of price tags.

Regardless how hard they will sell them, this car doesn't have to earn money. :wink: This car is much more a 'gift' for their successful managers becoming the world's largest automotive company. Besides that there's some marketing effect. :wink:

I would take the LF-A and know I have a car that will last 200k miles, also how often do you see a F-Car with 50k miles? you dont because it blew up.

Im trying to understand "Lexus LF-A will triple GT-R's price" and what the relationship is between these two cars? They are not the same....

And if you cant afford to drive your 360...find something that you can afford to. And my G has held its value pretty well all things considered.....and I drive it, not look at it.....these cars are meant to be driven.....

In 1990 people probally said the same thing about the NSX vs. say a Mustang Cobra.

Is just going fast meant everything, then we would all be driving Corvettes.

And if you cant afford to drive your 360...find something that you can afford to. And my G has held its value pretty well all things considered.....and I drive it, not look at it.....these cars are meant to be driven.....

I may not be a big baller like you but I can afford to drive my 360, my Stradale, and my Vantage as much as I want to.

My post was to explain the different reasons as to why exotics tend to have low miles (less than 50k)- one of which, for some, is depreciation. I drive as much as I want to and that still only equates to 3k miles per year on the 360, 10k miles per year on the Aston, and 1.5k or so on the Stradale. I don't sit there and think "Ooh, I'm not driving that car today so I can keep miles off of it."

Do you have 50k+ miles on your G?

Back to the LF-A: 50k+ miles on an exotic is very rare. I don't see 100k mileage reliability being a factor in the purchase decision of a 200k car.

I may not be a big baller like you but I can afford to drive my 360, my Stradale, and my Vantage as much as I want to.

My post was to explain the different reasons as to why exotics tend to have low miles (less than 50k)- one of which, for some, is depreciation. I drive as much as I want to and that still only equates to 3k miles per year on the 360, 10k miles per year on the Aston, and 1.5k or so on the Stradale. I don't sit there and think "Ooh, I'm not driving that car today so I can keep miles off of it."

Do you have 50k+ miles on your G?

Back to the LF-A: 50k+ miles on an exotic is very rare. I don't see 100k mileage reliability being a factor in the purchase decision of a 200k car.

oooh stradale... nice

I'd like to get a 360 or D9 nice next :)

Oh and I've seen a couple F cars with 100k+ miles listed for sale. Believe they were 348 and 355

in fact,i will treat the 200k price as a rumor. it shouldn't be that expensive.

Sorry but Lexus confirmed it's price will start with a "2"

I will be looking at this car when it comes out, Best brand best service how do you go wrong? The problems with the GT-R is Nissian sucks and the dealers are treating this mass produced POS like it's gold. That's what turned me off on this car. Also when I sat in it the inside is nothing special and the hood is huge like a Viper.

Aluminum chassis is twice the price of Steel to produce.

Carbon Fiber composite chassis is twice the price of Aluminum to produce.

A V10 NA motor cost more than a V6 Turbo to produce.

Yeah, that's believable.

In 1990, Top of the line Acura Legend had an MSRP of $35500
In 1990, NSX had an "Introductory price of $60000 Almost double that of Legend.

In 2005, Acura RL had a MSRP of $48000
In 2005, NSX had a MSRP of $89000

In 1996, Toyota Supra TT MSRP was $42000
In 1996, Toyota Avalon MSRP was $23747

2008 350ZX Coupe MSRP tops out at $38680
2009 GTR MSR tops out at $72000

The trend is there. The halo sports cars from Japan all had an MSRP almost double that of the flag ship car.

Toyota's current LS600 MSRP is $104000
The LF/A's projected price of $220000 does make sense. If the car is truly a Italian beater, it make sense, wouldn't you agree?

If People are willing to pay $350k for a new F430 Spyder, Toyota LF/A is a bargain!!!

You can never win when it comes to halo car, regardless the performance. Than again, there will also be people out there crying about the price of LF/A and go with the GTR, just like people out there go for Z06 when the NSX was in production.

That F430 comes with a free Ferrari badge though, and the LF/A comes with.... a Lexus badge. For 220K.

No chance in hell I'd pick the Toyota.

So what you're saying is, if the LF/A can spank the F430 for 130 grand less, you will still take the F car over the Lexus, you will still pay for that extra 130k? Why are you driving an NSX? Why not a 348?

I will be looking at this car when it comes out, Best brand best service how do you go wrong? The problems with the GT-R is Nissian sucks and the dealers are treating this mass produced POS like it's gold. That's what turned me off on this car. Also when I sat in it the inside is nothing special and the hood is huge like a Viper.

Plus 100. Nissans customer service and dealer support is Terrible! They should have sold this as an Infiniti for servicing reasons. People who buy the GTR will be treated terribly!

So what you're saying is, if the LF/A can spank the F430 for 130 grand less, you will still take the F car over the Lexus, you will still pay for that extra 130k? Why are you driving an NSX? Why not a 348?

Yup. I'm not sure where you're getting the 350K for the F430, they're not even that much up here in Canada.

And I don't like the 348. I think it's ugly. But if I could afford an F355, I'd be driving one.

also some Japanese car magazines, including Holiday Auto, are saying that the LF-A is meant to compete with the SLR McLaren.

Since Lexus is like Mercedes fighter, I guess it makes sense.

also some Japanese car magazines, including Holiday Auto, are saying that the LF-A is meant to compete with the SLR McLaren.

Since Lexus is like Mercedes fighter, I guess it makes sense.

That's interesting. The SLR isn't a big seller and is mostly considered a flop in the Supercar world.

That's interesting. The SLR isn't a big seller and is mostly considered a flop in the Supercar world.

I sure do. I have no idea why you'd buy it over a SL AMG that has more power, more torque, and looks better. I wouldn't get a benz for race car handling.

Back