• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lexus LFA vs Acura NSX! - Head 2 Head Episode 13 [Motor Trend]

awesome vid!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yeah, he is such an NSX fanboi! The sound of the LFA engine is ridiculous. RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME. It's amazing how tight and precise the visual design of the NSX is. There really is nothing like it. Great vid.

WOW! Fantastic video. Motor Trend magazine always had a soft spot for the NSX. The magazine proclaimed in one of their write ups that it was the best mid engine sports car ever built. It is impotant to note that that was in 1991 and that it was slim picking for mid engine sports cars back then.

Kind of crazy that they were able to get their hands on an apparently 'new' 1991 NSX. That car is wearing the no longer made OEM Yokohama A-022 tires and has manufacturer plates. Did they raid the Honda museum?

Yeah, he is such an NSX fanboi! The sound of the LFA engine is ridiculous. RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME. It's amazing how tight and precise the visual design of the NSX is. There really is nothing like it. Great vid.

Yep, when the LF-A went blasting through that tunnel, I found myself smiling because of the sound. Then the NSX went through, and it was almost dead quiet. LOL! That reason alone is why I put a Taitec JGTC Parallel Exit exhaust on mine. The car needed to have a bit more 'bark' to its audible presence.

Thanks for sharing the link. It was entertaining to watch.

Great video and I love the NSX COMMERCIAL at the end! Classic!

Kind of crazy that they were able to get their hands on an apparently 'new' 1991 NSX. That car is wearing the no longer made OEM Yokohama A-022 tires and has manufacturer plates. Did they raid the Honda museum?
Lol if they did I hope it wasn't displayed with the red duct tape on the bumper

I was surprised with the amount of praise the NSX got. It made me want to own one that much more. Some day... hopefully not very far away hehe

looks like it. the one in the Honda museum is red.

Yep, when the LF-A went blasting through that tunnel, I found myself smiling because of the sound. Then the NSX went through, and it was almost dead quiet. LOL! That reason alone is why I put a Taitec JGTC Parallel Exit exhaust on mine. The car needed to have a bit more 'bark' to its audible presence.

yeah, agreed, Honda made it so quiet for some reason. as a supercar, loud would have been welcome.

In California the 3 letter plate designations go like this...

"DST" on California license plates stand for "Distributor". "MFR" = Manufacturer, and "DSM" = Dismantler

This had DST plates, not MFR plates so i'm not sure if this is from the Honda Museum. I initially thought the same thing

In California the 3 letter plate designations go like this...

"DST" on California license plates stand for "Distributor". "MFR" = Manufacturer, and "DSM" = Dismantler

This had DST plates, not MFR plates so i'm not sure if this is from the Honda Museum. I initially thought the same thing

Good to know! Thanks. Do you think Honda would have both 'DST' and 'MFR' plates?

Nice commentary. Surprised and unsurprised that the NSX received so much praise. Surprised: most auto journalists harp on the pop-up headlights, "low" hp, tiny tires, and "aged" design. Unsurprised: the car is as described.

Nice to have commentary/review done by an actual auto enthusiast.

A friend from Germany sent me this video on Facebook...and my first reaction was...I KNOW THAT PARKING GARAGE!!!

IMG_32372.jpg

Cool that they like our car. I walk by Motor Trend on my way to get coffee...perhaps I should drive by in my 'X?

Nice video.
All the "supercar" quirkiness that reviewers go on about as part of the "supercar" experience is so unappealing to me and is a big part of the reason why I enjoy owning the NSX.

Awesome video. The reviewer not only affirms my thoughts on the two cars but also confirms the consensus from the rest of the staff. I think the biggest take away is because the NSX is the obtainable super car, that is perfectly livable and practical.

Part of the "supercar quirkiness" back in the days is being left stranded on the side of the roads a few times.

Back