• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Life lessons from The Fast and The Furious

Everything you needed to know in life you learned from The Fast and the Furious

1. You need Nos. Two bottles. The big ones.
2. It ain’t how you stand by your car, its how big the wing is.
3. You can have beer, as long as it’s Corona.
4. If the road suddenly narrows, drive under a truck.
5. Practice pre-race skills with GT 3 A-Spec, yo.
6. Even the cops in L.A. are Hollywood.
7. No one likes the tuna.
8. Big wing=big speed.
9. Amateurs don’t use Nos.
10. Never narc anyone
11. Stickers, stickers, stickers=power, power, power.
12. Winning’s winning.
13. Stand-alone fuel management system.
14. Break her heart, get neck broke.
15. Leopard-skin parts make you badass.
16. Live life a quarter mile at a time (~16seconds).
17. L.A. cops respond to one emergency at a time with the whole police force...
18. You can never have enough foglights.
19. Only asians and latinos street-race; everyone else is an undercover cop.
20. Win race, get a threesome.
21. Shooting a MAC-11 from a motorcycle isn’t easy.
22. Ramming a Charger with a motorcycle hurts.
23. Oil tastes bad.
24. Pizza boys don’t like street racers.
25. Stay out of asian turf or don’t sleep with their sisters.
26. The Fed with the loudest voice can pin it on anyone he wants.
27. Stealing Apex DVD players is lucrative.
28. The proper display of affection with a bald man is kissing his head.
29. Cuban restaurants are called ‘Cha-Cha-Cha’.
30. Truckers never carry guns (almost).
31. Truckers don’t know how to use brakes.
32. It’s not a color unless it begins with ‘neon’.
33. Car part stores give Lightnings to delivery boys.
34. Fire bursting from tail pipe indicates speed.
35. High-pitched buzzing exhaust indicates extreme speed.
36. Single windshield wiper? Ditto ^ .
37. Hoods and body kits do not need paint.
38. It’s not the train that gets you, it’s the truck.
39. Ugly paint is not a bad way to spend $10,000.
40. Overuse of nitrous makes the floorboard fall off.
41. Dual tailpipes are good, quad tailpipes are better.
42. CAI adds 50 HP.
43. Exhaust adds 150 HP.
44. If you scream ‘Nos’ it will explode.
45. Ferraris are more than you can afford, pal.
46. You can beat any car if you say ‘smoke um’ before you run.
47. Any scrap-heap can be made race-ready in under a week if the parts are ordered from Japan.
48. Computer-controlled nitrous kits require a laptop.
49. Owning a ‘suppressed MAC-11’ is a ‘minor weapons violation’.
50. Tuned cars have at least 10 gears when driven in a straight line.
51. And whatever you do, DON’T BLOW THE WELDS on the intake manifold.

hahaha thats a good.ahhh the good ol days :) i think you forgot the louder you grunt while having big bicepts...the meaner you are lol

To think.... what took you an entire lifetime to figure out; the next generation will have learned by Kindergarten. :rolleyes:

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/F0tV9lRX-GE&hl=en&fs=1 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED></EMBED>

Haha I loved that post. Also...

Putting tricked out fiberglass enclosures with 3+ subs = fast car
Playing PS2 in your car before a race will get you hyped and ready to go
Girls that meow are sexy and intimidating

-don't granny shift. double clutch like you're supposed to.
-lifting off and shifting up a gear always makes you jump a car length ahead...no matter what.
-you can survive a 100ft fall off a cliff as long as you're in a tuned 350z and your name is DK.

- true friends drive in line with eachother or in some sort of sweet formation
- punching your nitrous, excuse me, NOS, warps time/space around you as you drive

-beware of asian guys who wear black 'wife beaters' and have 100k into their 'honda 2000' engines. they will smoke you every time after they say 'too soon junior!'

-after you passed the 1/4 mile mark and must barely missed getting tagged by a train, don't look at your opponent or else a misguided truck will drive into your outrun path. every time.

-if you use the right double tape, your chin spoiler will stay on no matter how many times your car gets airbourne and lands chin first.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t3sdAY_-Syw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t3sdAY_-Syw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t3sdAY_-Syw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t3sdAY_-Syw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Interesting. This video proves that if you drive a bright orange supra, you end up driving around fast with some guy who looks like vin deisel sitting in the passenger seat.

But if you drive a Ferrari, you go slower, but you have a good looking lady next to you.

Hmmm I'll take one of the slower cars please! :wink::tongue::biggrin:

If you can't find the tool you need here, then you don't belong near a car !

Not a bad movie at all, even though the plot was borrowed from Point Break.

It went overboard on some of the cars, but it was still the only movie to embrace the pocket-rocket Japanese car-culture that was still kinda low-key at that time, and it subsequently caused millions of kids to pump millions of dollars into the after market industry.

You want a ridiculous car movie, watch any of the Taxi movies (The original French ones, not the Queen Latifah remake). Overboard but entertaining!

It went overboard on some of the cars, but it was still the only movie to embrace the pocket-rocket Japanese car-culture that was still kinda low-key at that time, and it subsequently caused millions of kids to pump millions of dollars into the after market industry.

+1. Sadly for the real tuners and tuning companies, the industry is now falling apart as quickly as it became "mainstream." I was saddened to hear that Sport Compact Car published its last issue this month. While lots of fluff import parts companies are going out of business, many good tuning companies are going to go by the wayside as well. Oh well I suppose, back to building custom tuning parts like we used to have to do with everything =)

Tom

I still can't understand why the headlights are up on the Ferrari. I guess maybe they broke?

What about the Eclipse from the sequel? At least a turbo supra is fast and nothing says fast like a purple eclipse spyder with 20's, body kit and a spoiler.

Good point. I was in a car club (i know i know) when that movie came out. We all went to see it. It was an event! We mainly did hp mods to our cars while the other clubs did the wild paint and body kits and shit. We where soo dissapointed in that movie.

Back