• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Locals...Wide rear wheels?

Any of the Houston area guys running widths larger than 10 inches in the rear(OEM fenders)? Looking to go slightly larger but wanted to see the offsets in person. I'm not a huge fan of super aggressive offsets.

Thanks,
- Zishan

Hey what's up Zishan this is DC and I just went from 275's to 295's and everything is still tucked under the fender with room to spare. I'm not sure what my offsets are but the tire fits flush with the wheel. If you want to get together just let me know. Just a reminder I'm the guy you helped removed the front console so I could get my serial# off the radio and again thanks a million.

Decide on your tire size before changing your wheel width, to make sure that the wheels are not too wide for your tires.

Hey what's up Zishan this is DC and I just went from 275's to 295's and everything is still tucked under the fender with room to spare. I'm not sure what my offsets are but the tire fits flush with the wheel. If you want to get together just let me know. Just a reminder I'm the guy you helped removed the front console so I could get my serial# off the radio and again thanks a million.

Hey DC, yes, I recall stopping by and helping you out. How large are your rear wheels? Do you know the actual width of the rim? Hope all is well!

Decide on your tire size before changing your wheel width, to make sure that the wheels are not too wide for your tires.

Ken, thanks, I have tires in mind already. They will be for looks mostly and the OEM 16/17's will be on hand for track days(if any).

Thanks guys,
- Zishan

Hi Z, the original set of rear wheels on my NSX (before the studs broke and destroyed the wheel) were 10-1/2" wide and fit flush with the rear fender with no rubbing or problems at all. I still have those wheels if you'd like me to see what the offset is.

Dennis

Hi Z, the original set of rear wheels on my NSX (before the studs broke and destroyed the wheel) were 10-1/2" wide and fit flush with the rear fender with no rubbing or problems at all. I still have those wheels if you'd like me to see what the offset is.

Dennis

Perfect! Can I borrow ONE wheel to test fit on my car? I'd like to see how it will look at my ride height.... I'll buy you lunch/drinks, etc. on me. :smile:

Z

Since I still have the forgestars I will have these milled down so it fits oem bodies. Will be an 11inch wide rear with a a 305 tire. There is quite a bit of meat on the center bore in the back of the wheel. Will keep u posted.

Man, I wish you were local and I could slap those bad boys on and see how the look. Maybe we can arrange something. 11's is what I'd really like to run, but I'm not a fan of the extreme stretch/negative camber look....and that's what I'm trying to avoid.

Hey DC, yes, I recall stopping by and helping you out. How large are your rear wheels? Do you know the actual width of the rim? Hope all is well!

Thanks guys,
- Zishan

I will try and get a measurement today and get back with you tomorrow.

Back