• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Long Overdue

Just wanted to officially introduce myself as I have finally become an owner of an Acura NSX. First and foremost I would like to thank my wife for all her support throughout the years because without her I would not have been able to enjoy and appreciate all that I have been able to acquire especially my 91 Sebring Silver NSX.

I've been a fan of Honda when my passion for cars began at 10. I remember buying my 1st civic which was a 94 EX at 16, reading Super Street and becoming quickly obsessed with the technological marvel that was the V-TEC system. Fast forward to the age of 18, I went to Nathan's located in Yonkers, NY for what was the usual Thursday night car meet. It was the very first time that I laid eyes on the NSX in person. I was amazed by its sleek yet aggressive silhouette. From that moment forward I knew that I had to become an owner of this beautiful machine. At that age, I wasn't sure how I would be able to attain this car however my mind was set.

Over the year's I built an 97 Civic dx hatch which was a CTR replica. It was LS-Vtec powered, 5 lug, Tein's, Spoon aero parts, Mugen twin loop etc. Then I quickly had to face the reality of becoming an adult which entailed selling the car. After settling into becoming an "adult," I purchased a DC2 Integra, E46 M3, Bugeye WRX and an E63. That once 18 year old boy who was mesmerized by the beauty of the NSX at Nathan's, now finally has one in his garage.

With all of this said, I hope I didn't bore anyone with my story. I have been members of many different Forums but i must say I truly enjoy NSX Prime. I also wanted to thank Bailey for giving me the idea of posting in the WTB section. John aka WIREWIZZ for reaching out to me and being extremely patient with the entire purchasing process. Additionally, Charles for getting in touch with Larry for me and being an all around helpful guy.

. IMG_1764.jpgIMG_1800.jpgIMG_1791.jpgIMG_1795.jpg

Cool! Looks like a really clean '91. What's the mileage?
I also had mine delivered on an open transport, but it arrived in the snow in early February.
Looks good, welcome!
=DREW=

Thanks Drew. Mileage is 99k.
I used DAS, they shipped enclosed from hub to hub but the pick up and delivery of the car was on a 5 car trailer
I was worried that the big snow storm on the east coast was going to create an issue, but from Cali to NY in 5 days was pretty impressive.

Congrats!! :)

nice I like the new leather they must have had it re-done it looks awesome.

welcome to the top of the line you can get in a honda. they built each car with PRIDE. these cars will freaking last forever.

just like the Acura VIGOR, or 1992-1993 Accord SE built only in JAPAN with pride. any car built in Japan will out last the same model/year that was built in USA.

go figure..

welcome

Holy Smokes - Dreampowered, you are amazing - when we met a year ago, you said you were planning on getting your first NSX next March. I guess you weren't kidding [like you were when we first met on Route 17]. Amazing, well done.
Now you have to come to the NE diner April 6 -- sign up through NSXCA.org - worth every penny. Plus its a good place to grease Larry for information.

Last edited:
Thank you.
Shawn the seats were re done by the 1st owner, they look and feel great.
The car was owned by one family for 20 years. I have a lot of paperwork showing the dealer work that was done.
PPI was done by Ramon at Niguel Motors. So I was pretty confident w the car being exactly what I wanted, w no surprises.
Silver I will this week and look forward to meeting everyone on the 6th

All that's missing is the "WOLF" license plate. Ha. Great looking car. Welcome to the community!

shit I would go get that plate if I were you LOL

can you imagine driving and see an NSX with that plate would freak you out..

Awesome history of cars, you and I have very similar taste.

Would it be too soon to twist your arm to attend NSXPO?

Awesome history of cars, you and I have very similar taste.

Would it be too soon to twist your arm to attend NSXPO?

The one car I also wanted was an ITR, which I see u have one.
I'm working on seeing if I can make it. Not sure if I can get the time off from work yet.

Nice car, and welcome to the club.

The one car I also wanted was an ITR, which I see u have one.
I'm working on seeing if I can make it. Not sure if I can get the time off from work yet.

It's not the most practical car for that area due to theft concerns. I've had 3 total, 2 E46 M3's, an "EK" hatch and was on the verge of getting a bugeye WRX and C63 AMG at different points in my life so I thought there were some uncanny similarities.

BTW, your seats look amazing. Obviously reupholstered, do you know if they were leatherseats.com covers?

they are def NOT leatherseats.com brand. they were done at a leather shop I am sure.

Congrats, that think is super doper clean, glad you ditch the 90s bra. Congrats and where on Long Island are you from? We're pretty deep her on the island with NSXs

Congrats and welcome to the community. Very clean looking NSX you have there and those seats look extra comfortable. :wink:

Itrsteve - back in the 90's anything w a dohc vtec wasn't safe. I remember keeping my car in the garge w the alarm, alpha lock, auto lock. Clifford alarm and most times the ecu in the house w me.
I have yet to take the nsx up to the bear mtn area. But i used to have so much fun w the M3, cant wait for a nice drive.

I'm in the Garden City area. I've only seen one or two nsx's out here. If there is any LI get together lmk and i'll try to make it out.

Back