• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Longest NSX Ownership

Dynamic-uzed-auto-
Your request for pics will get me motivated to take a few current shots. The most recent one attached was taken last summer. The car is essentially stock with Bilsteins and a performance clutch from CT Engineering.

NSXTASY-
I just squeeked by your ownership duration mark but few will ever be able to match your involvement and activity level on NSXPrime.

Zenzanon-
I have been travelling quite a bit and drove it quite sparingly this past winter. I tend to spend the bulk of my time in Vancouver around UBC, Kits, downtown and some of the beaches.

anesthesia-
I have not experienced a lot of maintenance issues other than the well known window regulator obscene replacement, the unusual wear on the original rear tires and Bose amplifier rebuilds. There was also an air conditioning issue in the 1st year that was dealt with by Acura under warranty.

Attachments

• NSX2011.jpg
    NSX2011.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 94
Time to test the waters again to determine if anyone has owned an NSX for a longer period than yours truly. It has been over 21 years since I took delivery of my original 1991 NSX on February 28th, 1991.

I would certainly entertain purchasing the "new" NSX if Honda can get it to the marketplace before I am committed to an old age facility. I am finding it really difficult to hang onto my cane and shift gears at the same time!:rolleyes:

I was 12 and salivating over the NSX in 91...I made a promise to myself that I will be an owner and got one a couple years back after several other "Toy" cars (93 Civic SI with GSR motor, 99 Prelude, 2004 350z) and countless $$ in mods...in hind sight if I had a little more self control I could have bought an NSX several years earlier (My purchase plan did get derailed a bit in 02 when I saw the 02 - 05 models that I instantly wanted in place of the pop-up light model so I held off for a bit longer).

Can we see pics in its current state today? Congrats cause I plan on keeping mine as long as I have a drivers license

+1...other than getting into a financial catastrophe, loosing my license due to loss of sight or taking my last breath, this car's home will be where ever my home is. The first car that on purchase made me feel more ecstatic than a kid that just tasted chocolate for the first time.

Great thread topic!! Congratulations!!

Awesome pic. Marc, so glad you kept her stock, I will be returning mine to stock as well including the phat five, there is something about the original nsx.

I am amazed, and only 70 posts for as long as you been on Prime. You have seen a lot of people come and go. Congrats on your long ownership.

PoKnow/myw
Well it took abit of digging to come up with an old photo. In 1992 Acura invited some/most of the Canadian owners to a sponsored track event at the Seattle International Speedway with instruction from the Russel Racing Drivers School (California). 2 caveats-picture quality is poor and no laughing at the outfit!

Nukem
As you noted, I have not been a very active poster on Prime. However, as I recall I was actually a member in the early 90's and somehow my username got screwed up and so I effectively reregistered under a slightly different username in 2002.

Attachments

• NSXseattle.jpg
    NSXseattle.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 113
  • NSX1992.jpg
    NSX1992.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 126
Wow that is amazing, awesome pictures. Now I want an NSX more than ever, must be a damn good car if someone owns it from new up until now. I'll have one just like that ideally, fat small wheels and all, but berlina black (though red is quite tempting).

Awesome pictures and story, Marc! Truly inspiring. :)

I hope you don't mind, but I sent you a friend request. I'm not an original owner, but I would be honored to be the first friend (on Prime) of an original owner. :biggrin:

PoKnow/myw
Well it took abit of digging to come up with an old photo. In 1992 Acura invited some/most of the Canadian owners to a sponsored track event at the Seattle International Speedway with instruction from the Russel Racing Drivers School (California). 2 caveats-picture quality is poor and no laughing at the outfit!

Nukem
As you noted, I have not been a very active poster on Prime. However, as I recall I was actually a member in the early 90's and somehow my username got screwed up and so I effectively reregistered under a slightly different username in 2002.

Those pictures are awesome!

Congratulations. I envy original owners who still own the car for that long. I bought my red 91 with 18k miles from original owner last year. He bought it in September of 1990. In kind of weird way I felt bad that he sold the car.

NSXTASY-
I just squeeked by your ownership duration mark but few will ever be able to match your involvement and activity level on NSXPrime.

This.

Wow, now thats commitment. Thats longer than my 1st & 2nd marriage combined.

NSX GT - I guess your selection criteria was not quite as thorough as those used for the NSX.
While searching for old pics, I came across my previous romance which I recall caused some extreme heart palpitations on breakup.

Attachments

• Marc003.jpg
    Marc003.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 78
Awesome photos, Marc! Keep them coming!

Also, thank you for accepting my friend request. I feel special. :biggrin: Hope to see you at a future NSXPO.

After 20 years of lusting for one, I bought my 91 last year. Now I see why you've kept yours so long. BTW I have a friend that is an original 91 owner but bought his in April of 91. It has over 300K on it, 100% stock and he still drives it daily. It's still in great shape too. He was the one who got me looking again after years of assuming I'd never find one. You both are an inspiration and thanks for sharing.

I bought mine in September 1990. Only 25,000 miles.

Wow, amazing that you've only averaged just over 1k miles per year, and you've got plenty of mods on it. What took you so long to join Prime, if you don't mind me asking? For me, because the NSX is such a rare car, I've always sought out others who are willing to share knowledge and appreciation for it.

BTW, you got your NSX when you were 42. I got my first one when I was 30. I don't feel so bad for not being an original owner now. :D

Last edited:
I bought mine in September 1990. Only 25,000 miles.

Wow. Congratulations on your very astute purchase. You must have incredible self-control as well to have minimized the mileage to 25,000.

Now, the World title for longest ownership is serious stuff. So before I accept also ran status, I thought I'd mention that my deposit to Acura was made on July 14th, 1990 with the car actually being delivered on February 28th, 1991. I don't think that any vehicles in Canada were actually delivered prior to December 1990.
I guess deliveries were quite a bit earlier in the US if you took possesion of yours in September 1990.

Back