• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Look what they did to my baby :'( ….

that sucks, On the bright side it looks like the damage was minimal to what it "could" have been.

if you want, add your VIN to the thread and if its searched they will see the damage was cosmetic. You said in one of your posts you were concerned about resale at some point in the future.

The horror, the horror.
Its a bright red color car, how blind are ppl these days?

Hope u get it all fix up soon.

As long as you are okay, Oscar. Make sure you have all your receipts for the upgrades (rear valence, cf license bezel, exhaust).

damn it man. the looks of his car he must have been rear ended with that new unpainted bumper.

did you pull up your carpet in the trunk to see if there are any ripples in the metal.

if his insurance is gonna pay then I would be like a drill instructor with a white glove.

whats this, fix that, this wasnt there before.

if you need a new rear bumper beam I have one from my 2002 I got from Jason.

its in great shape. or if you need a new muffler I have jason's pride V1 I will sell ya cheap its been fixed to loud for me

I was at the shop, car is been fixed, I'll get a certification from the shop as there's no damage on the chassis etc.

Only mid next week though, took some pics of the car stripped on the rear.

More details once I get it done and my $ back, so far, parts , labor etc are $$$ .. yikes .....

Oscar

Sorry to see that but your baby took that hit like a champ like some have mentioned...

Honestly accidents happen but if the person that hit you is acting like a jackass or in my case did a hit and run w/ no tires on his rim... Not to mention he tried to tell the cops that we were at fault when my car was at a light and not moving :confused:

I just went after him with my lawyer...

Hope she is back on her feet soon...

Hey Oscar: This is sad news :frown: for sure! Just read the post, and most of all, glad you were not hurt. It seems that we Florida NSXrs (and even while in any other cars we are driving) have to be on our toes 24/7 + for all the a...hole drivers down here that are on the road at all times, day or night.

Hope you're back up and running as good as new ASAP.

Duuuude...Noooo! :eek:

Man, that sucks! one of my favs, if not my fav on the site.
I know you'll have it back better than ever soon enough! Glad you're alright, the car can be fixed....life will go on and be good again. :biggrin:

Just saw this...faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkk!

At least put it in good hands to get it fixed.

See if you can't take pics with the bumper off etc and keep that as your documentation. I know I wouldn't sweat the accident record much during a vehicle purchase if I could see that it's all clean inside. Too bad!

I am terrified of this as the drivers in Cali are just as bad as Florida. Seems like you are getting it back pretty quick. Is Shawn doing the repair? I'll bet he could work wonders with bubble gum, baling wire and duct tape!

Boy that sucks. Hope you get her back soon.

Aww shit, i just saw this... your car is one of my favs here on prime.

I hope she is back on the streets again soon.

Oscar, just ran across this, haven't been poking around too much on Prime the last few days.

Sucks, man, especially to happen to a genuine "good guy". Doesn't look as though there was too much damage, especially if neither the quarter panels nor the frame seem to have been affected.

But just in case, I'll give you $20k right now. :tongue:

Seriously, hope it comes back in better-than-before condition. Let us know how it all turns out.

Your's is my favourite NSX too. Infact I am copying your rear styling, black lid spoiler and rear diffuser. Hopefully you get it fixed soon. I had my share of an accident last june when the front car driver decided to stop suddenly.
DSC00255.JPG

Did you receive your package yesterday as promised?

I did!! I am so excited, it looks so amazing!! to bad my car will is not ready yet, as soon I have it on you better believe videos will follow! :)

exhaust.jpg

even one of my dogs liked! :D

See if you can't take pics with the bumper off etc and keep that as your documentation. I know I wouldn't sweat the accident record much during a vehicle purchase if I could see that it's all clean inside. Too bad!

I have tons of pics, actually I freaked after seeing the rear of my car without the bumpers, then digging my old pics I found this:

DSC01284.jpg

then also I made sure I wasn't crazy:

nsxbody6.jpg

attachment.php

The rear of our nsx's panel has this weird undulation that is OEM, funny thing is that I thought "OMG, the rear panel is completely bent!" and my body shop technician was, "Oscar, it isn't bent" and yeah, he was right, so, the rear panel still looks exactly the same other than the lower part that was shaken a bit -as you can see on page 1 - :)

I took this, before they started to fix anything, so as you can see, is really nothing -THANK GOODNESS-

rearb4fix.jpg

Your's is my favourite NSX too. Infact I am copying your rear styling, black lid spoiler and rear diffuser. Hopefully you get it fixed soon. I had my share of an accident last june when the front car driver decided to stop suddenly.
DSC00255.JPG

:eek::eek: Dear God that hurts!! .. our cars are so nice that anything out of place makes things look so terrible!

Oscar, just saw this post. I am very glad that you are OK. I thought I saw you heading North on 75 this Saturday around 4:30 PM. Left you a voice mail as well. Stay well my friend and let me know if you need anything:smile:

Oscar, just saw this post. I am very glad that you are OK. I thought I saw you heading North on 75 this Saturday around 4:30 PM. Left you a voice mail as well. Stay well my friend and let me know if you need anything:smile:

Sorry I didn't call you back, I was picking up a family member @ the airport, but I was crying Saturday since I wanted to go to Naples with some other cars :( ....

Wow Oscar this is terrible, but good to know that you were not hurt and that the clown had insurance and did not run.

George just passed on the news to us as we are still out on yet another business trip.

I hope you get it back from the shop quickly, better than ever with that shiny new exhaust and can't wait to see it at the Towers soon.

Terrible :frown:

But curious what do you mean OEM rear? Isn't ur rear already OEM facelifted other than the diffuser?

Is just the trunk lip, the lower Valance and the Tailights rear are from the 02-05 nsx :)

Back