• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Look who's trying for press with enthusiasts

Yeah right. Hey Honda we will believe it when it's either being tested in a magazine or in the dealership:wink:
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/08/10/acura-hybrid-could-arrive-next-year/

Perry! You've finally drifted over to the "dark side," huh? Be cautiously optimistic, buddy. There's reason for optimism yet...

The NSX will come in 2014. At exactly the time the US implodes.

Seriously though, I've read some press where the Acura continues the RL (hopefully revised), the MDX and TL continue with less power (no joke), and the RDX gets a NA 4 cylinder. Crossing fingers this can't be right...

Perry! You've finally drifted over to the "dark side," huh? Be cautiously optimistic, buddy. There's reason for optimism yet...

The NSX will come in 2014. At exactly the time the US implodes.

Seriously though, I've read some press where the Acura continues the RL (hopefully revised), the MDX and TL continue with less power (no joke), and the RDX gets a NA 4 cylinder. Crossing fingers this can't be right...

Been on the darkside for awhile LOL I believe that Honda does have a hybrid coupe coming before the NSX though.

Here's the plan
http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110801/OEM04/308019986/1274

Acura adds hybrids to revamped lineup

The plan from Japan
After slow period, Japan's product pipeline is full
The experts
Follow Automotive News

Sales have begun to rebound for American Honda Motor Co.'s luxury brand, and a product renaissance in 2012 -- complete with a big entry into hybrid powertrains -- could provide a further boost.

Acura's two crossovers will be redesigned. And while the RL flagship won't have the rear-drive V-8 version -- those plans were killed in 2009 -- it will be significantly re-engineered. Subsequent model years will see other major redesigns and other lineup changes.

Acura also will take a step back from its polarizing "keen edge" design philosophy. An early hint of a more refined look can be seen in the 2012 TL midcycle change. The angular front "beak" was replaced by a more traditional grille.

RSX: An entry-luxury sedan will come in the spring of 2013, to compete with the Lexus CT 200h and BMW front-drive cars. The RSX is based on the Honda Civic platform and will be powered by a 210-hp version of the Civic Si's four-cylinder engine. After the failure of the Canadian-market CSX, Acura knows it can't just deliver a warmed-over Civic. This model will be larger and have more differentiated sheet metal.

RSX coupe: Plans call for a midcycle addition that arrives in the spring of 2015. Dealers have asked for a convertible hardtop.

TSX: There is talk within Acura that the TSX will go away after its cycle ends in 2013. Four low-volume sedans that are close in size may not be a healthy business plan.

TL: The Honda Accord-based mid-sized sedan got a major fascia change this year, meaning a redesign won't come until the fall of 2013. Because it is too close in size to the RL, expect a shorter wheelbase and less overall length.

At launch, Honda's large-car hybrid system will be available as an option on the base V-6. The V-6 will be lighter and will include a new cylinder deactivation system and stop-start ignition. The 3.7-liter V-6 may come down in displacement to 3.5 liters.

RL: Look for a re-engineering of the all-wheel-drive RL in late 2012 as a 2013 model. Pride will not let Acura get rid of its flagship -- which is on an expensive stand-alone architecture -- even though Honda is looking to kill the vehicle in Japan, where it is called the Legend.

RDX: After a six-year cycle, the small crossover will be redesigned for the summer of 2012. It will be offered in both front- and all-wheel drive. The twitchy turbo-four version goes away, replaced by a standard 2.5-liter inline-four engine on the base model, and a hybrid-four as an option. There won't be a V-6 because the Civic platform that underpins the RDX can't accommodate it. A midcycle addition of a seven-speed sequential transmission is possible.

ZDX: It was new for the 2010 model year, so no changes are planned for now.

MDX: A redesign is scheduled for the fall of 2012. A running change will include a hybrid version to augment the base V-6 engine. For fuel economy, the base 300-hp 3.7-liter engine may be replaced with a new 270-hp, 3.5-liter V-6. The MDX mostly missed out on the keen edge design era and will stay with more restrained luxury styling.

NSX: Honda Motor President Takanobu Ito says a new version of the Ferrari-fighter is in the works. He should know; he was an engineer on the original. But killing the sports car in 2009, after misfires on two concepts, means it will likely be 2014 before one hits the road.

You can reach Mark Rechtin at [email protected].

yes! now maybe we will get that rich corinthian leather that acura sorely needs.:rolleyes:

My first reaction was one of disbelief initially. But Honda/Acura's problems are systemic of poor product planning and design than marketing. If managers, engineers, and designers give marketing a sh%tbox, it'll be tough to sell irrespective of good marketing.

I liked some of Chrysler's more recent marketing efforts (the challenger attacking the british). I hope Accavitti can turn management's ears to the auto enthusiast sub-culture that Honda initially inspired and thus make us all return to being Honda enthusiasts once again.

Let's face it, more the of the same from Honda isn't going to cut it. At the very least, he'll be an outside reference point and (hopefully) be the catalyst for the obvious needed changes.

Well Shawn, that's a very optimistic note you've struck there. :) Let me bring you back to Earth. This guy worked in branding and marketing at Chrysler in the mid to late 1980's. That means his job was to convince the the American public to buy little gems like this:

imgres

Hahaha...I realize I'm more optimistic than most.

However, Honda could very well be entirely ff'd by this addition. ;)

So Honda will finally offer a V8 option with Hemi!

yes! now maybe we will get that rich corinthian leather that acura sorely needs.:rolleyes:

Showing your age here Doc... most of the guys on this forum were a flirtation when that ad was on TV. And a fine auto it was. Look at the dimensions. Just Pure Sex:

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/192QNhVzihg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Letterman clears up the definiton:

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TIYFB7eXrlU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks Dave!

Honda's biz plan... Crashed....

hsv10-crash.jpg

Well that's pretty much what happened to the ASCC prototype. I'd heard/read from supposed insiders that we'd probably be seeing the coupe hybrid by next year. Honda is saying 2014 for the NSX successor ( NSZ ) so we may see two vehicles but I just don't know what to expect from them anymore.

NSZ.... LOL... sounds like you are saying tennessee... or Henessey...

What a stupid name.

NSZ.... LOL... sounds like you are saying tennessee... or Henessey...

What a stupid name.

Well the CRX became the CRZ so makes sense they would continue the trend.

Hondas latest attempt to recapture enthusiast :frown:

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/08/29/2012-acura-tsx-gets-new-special-edition-model/

Direct quote shows they really don't get it

Jeff Conrad, vice president of Acura sales. "With the new Special Edition, the TSX becomes even more youthful and sporty in character, furthering its appeal to performance-minded buyers."

Well the CRX became the CRZ so makes sense they would continue the trend.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/08/29/2012-acura-tsx-gets-new-special-edition-model/

Well I am all for anything but re-using the NSX name again. "Hey what do you own?"... "I own an NSZ". LOL... I feel stupid just saying it.

That limited edition TSX. Here is my favorite quote:

The automaker says that the TSX Special Edition was designed to "evoke the fun-to-drive four-cylinder Acuras of the past,"

Should have continued "unlike the crap we make today"... LOL

Last edited:
Well I am all for anything but re-using the NSX name again. "Hey what do you own?"... "I own an NSZ". LOL... I feel stupid just saying it.

That limited edition TSX. Here is my favorite quote:

The automaker says that the TSX Special Edition was designed to "evoke the fun-to-drive four-cylinder Acuras of the past,"

Should have continued "unlike the crap we make today"... LOL

Only problem is how does fake suede interior and slight bumper changers make the car sportier?? That's crap!

Well during the recent Q&A with Honda executive VP of sales this came out

Q3. Honda has a history of competitive models in the Sport Compact Car segment (Prelude, Del Sol, older generations of the Civic Si)--does Honda have any plans to improve its competitiveness in this category?

A3. I thought you would ask "Where is the next S2000 or NSX?" To that, I would ask you to stay tuned ... we might have some good news very soon.

Please a good looking alternative to the GTR. Doesn't have to outperform it as current Honda no longer has pride enough for that they just want to be good enough to compete. All I want is near GTR performance in something not as ugly as the GTR.

Right.... and you want it from the company that makes this:

11_2012_Crosstour_EX_L.jpg

Honestly neither the Crosstour or ZDX bother me from a styling stand point for what they're supposed to be. The original Accord wagon was much more attractive than the Crosstour , but Honda decided the Venza needed competition vs making Toyota think about a Camry wagon. What bothers me most is the lack of manuals. If I could get either the Crosstour or the ZDX in a manual that would be more attractive to me.

Most designs nowadays are pretty uh "funky".

WingZ this is you:

fanboy.jpg

Looks like your momma to me:wink:

I don't understand this mentality by Honda. Offer an exterior upgrade w/o any engine or driveability improvements. Even just 20 extra horses would get people to move and buy. As it is, this SE is just an exterior revision and a less than mild revision at that.

This is ridiculous. What the...?

Nothing new; they have been doing that for almost a decade...

Back