• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

looking for stock rims

Hi all, looking locally for a friend for a mint or new full set of oem 94-99 wheels. He is replacing and upgrading to the later rims for his 92.
A source for reasonably priced new ones would be great.

Thanks,

John

Hi all, looking locally for a friend for a mint or new full set of oem 94-99 wheels. He is replacing and upgrading to the later rims for his 92.
A source for reasonably priced new ones would be great.
I doubt that you're going to find any reasonably priced new ones. List price is $1381 per rear wheel, $1235 per front wheel, and $38 per center cap, so even if a dealer gives you 20 or 25 percent off list, you're still looking at a lot of money. Unless you want to pay that much, your best bet is to look for a set of used ones, hopefully in nice condition. And the best place to find them is in the NSX Parts for Sale forum. You can also post yourself in the NSX Parts Wanted forum. Don't forget to read all the rules before posting there.

Hi Ken, its John G. from Chicago. Thanks for the help! Any suggestions on which Acura parts guy is giving the best deals on parts these days.

Thanks in advance,

John

Hi Ken, its John G. from Chicago.
I like the username!

Thanks for the help! Any suggestions on which Acura parts guy is giving the best deals on parts these days.
I'm not sure, especially with a large purchase, which the wheels would be. I know you can get 20 percent off list from websites like Delray Acura. However, 20 percent off list is typical "wholesale price", i.e. the price at which a dealer sells parts to independent mechanics in the area. Almost any dealer parts department will give you wholesale pricing on a purchase of several thousand dollars; some may do even better. Keep in mind that if you buy from a local dealer, you won't have to pay shipping, but you will have to pay sales tax.

Several dealers offer 25 percent off parts purchases to members of the NSX Club of America, as noted on the club's website here. Shoot me a PM or e-mail if you don't already know your member number; they can also contact me to verify your membership status.

Before you do anything else, though, I would call John Vasos (800-383-3936) at Acura of Brookfield, outside Milwaukee. He may have a set lying around there, and even if he doesn't, he might be able to give you a smokin' deal on a set, especially if you mention your club membership (mention my name too).

The seven-spoke '94-01 wheels came with three different finishes. The '94-96 have a painted gunmetal finish (Solaris Silver, looks gray). The '97-01 have a brushed aluminum finish (Blade Silver, looks shiny). And there was an optional Grand Prix White painted finish.

If you need them, here are the part numbers:

'94-96 front - 44700-SL0-A01ZA
'94-96 rear - 42700-SL0-A02ZA
'94-96 center cap - 44732-SL0-A02ZA
'97-01 front - 44700-SL0-A30ZA
'97-01 rear - 42700-SL0-A30ZA
'97-01 center cap - 44732-SL0-A30ZA

Good luck!

I have a used set off of my 2000 NSX. I've been debating whether to sell or hold onto, but if you might be interested in a used set, send me a PM and we can discuss further details.

Back