• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for web designer help for NSXCA

Hello all. I will be stepping into the role of Southwest Regional Rep for the NSXCA. My interest has been acknowledged and accepted by the NSXCA committee members. For me, this will simply be fun and a chance to rally the NSX community for Southern California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Hawaii, and New Mexico, not to mention us hardcore NSX'ers on Prime.

I have already pledged my support on the committee that intends to host the 2010 NSXPO in Las Vegas. That bid was just submitted today by Danny. Yeah Danny!

My second order of business is to seek help for someone with website design/programming skills to enhance the NSXCA website. Anyone who is a member of NSXCA or visited that site was probably as surprised as I was on how little information and functionality it contains. Nothing like Prime or other car club sites I have visited.

I am uncertain if any payment is possible. As yet, I don't have detailed knowledge on how the NSXCA runs its budget. I do know they have money and are willing to use it for good purposes. So, I will simply ask for one or two volunteers who are willing to help the NSX community and allocate some of their time to get the NSXCA website up to par.

Please either reply to this thread or PM me if you like. Depending upon the responses I receive, I may post this thread in another forum. Thanks!

Steve

0000034336_20061020191519.jpg

NetViper here on Prime helped me do my website for my community on a budget. I don't know how much work you are looking to get done but I would recommend at least getting a quote from him. He did great work and is quite a frequenter and contributor here on Prime.

Web designer since 1996. First 5 years I did consulting for Fortune 500. Now I do it part-time freelance when I am not driving the Bus.

PM me and let me know what you need done. However if I do it, then there will only be pictures of Red NSXs on the website as everyone knows the red ones are the best. :biggrin:

Jim

Wish I knew a thing or two about web design. If you ever need flyers or brochures put together let me know. I do some of the random marketing stuff here at work. I'll happily piece together a design or two for free. Worse case is they suck and you move along. But at least it cost you nothing. :tongue::biggrin:

I've been on a business trip and tied-up over the weekend, so a little late in replying to your posts and one other via PM. I'll get back to all soon. Thanks.

Homer_Computer.png

pro'bono...

{anyone(s) who may be a long-standing member & active w/ the greater NSX community and then bill/charge the NSXCA for web design/development should be truly & unequivocally ashamed of themselves in the spirit of things}

Last edited:
I'll be on a conference call with the NSXCA committee this week. I can try to get some additional info on the type of web design help they are looking for. So, stay posted and thanks again for the offers of help.

I want to thank those who replied to this thread and offered their web design skills to the NSXCA. At this time, a "webmaster" has been identified who offered to volunteer. I don't have any more details than that at this time. That is, I don't know if this help will materialize or have the web design skills we are looking for.

I recently joined the NSXCA board and participated in one monthly conference call thus far. The board agreed some renewed focus was needed to further the club. This includes improving and enhancing the club website, the club magazine, and a few other things.

I have my own opinions on what the NSXCA needs. Frankly, it needs a lot. For now, I will do what I can to help keep the NSX marque from being marginalized. Thanks.

Steve VamVaketis

Back