• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking to buy a few things from DALI, Experiences?

EAC

Legendary Member
I've read a few sketchy things, have they straightened up?

Would like to purchase a few things next week.

Thanks Fellers.

Hope this is useful...

I have had several 20,30 or more purchases with Dali in the last 18 months. So far, the biggest problem I have had has been one lost shipment with UPS. I have read some of the postings about problems with Dali, but in the end it is a person,Mark, and his business.

So, in short so far so good.

Hope that helps.

I always dealt with dali and I never had any problems.

I had ordered from Mark twice before and everything went smoothly. He responded very quickly and provided updates.

I just placed a new order yesterday so we'll see if he goes 3 for 3 :biggrin:

bought stuff from Dali in past, and no problem, everything went smooth,overall had good experience.

Thanks guys, just wanted to be sure. :redface:

FWIW, very few folks complain about problems purchasing from mark, but many have had major issues trying to return products to him (and obtaining refunds).

I suggest reviewing the iTrader ratings of any vendor with which you do business. For example, Dali's username here is NSXGOD and his iTrader rating can be found here. In particular, look at the positive feedback percentage and decide for yourself if you like those odds.

For comparison purposes, ScienceofSpeed's iTrader rating may reviewed here.

I had ordered from Mark twice before and everything went smoothly. He responded very quickly and provided updates.

I just placed a new order yesterday so we'll see if he goes 3 for 3 :biggrin:
Just wanted to note that I received the item today (4 days from date of order). He's 3 for 3 in my book and I will be doing business with him again.

You are rolling the dice when you send Mark money. While a lot of people here have purchased from him with no issues, when there is a problem it is significant; he will refuse to refund your money and will not communicate with you in any way. Basically, his customer service policy is to dare you to try to get your money back.

I would never send him another dime, even if he became the only vendor on the planet who could sell me oxygen. PM someone (like Ponyboy/Shawn) who has taken legal action against him to get some insight into Mark's true character.

What's the problem with Dali?

I ordered $500 + parts on monday, website said they were in stock but later found out they weren't. His emails were very prompt when ordering the parts until I asked for a refund, he ignored my emails until I opened a paypal dispute, which he refunded along with this... :confused:

Ol dude is just down right mean..

Here at Dali the customer is not always right no matter how they act and may in fact be suffering from "tunnel vision" brought on by having their heads up their ass. If you get in my face I will get right back in yours, or just ignore you for the rest of my life, whichever makes me feel better. If going up against RM and Comptech "all by my lonesome" back in the day didn't phase me neither will a little flaming e-mail, posts on Prime etc. Trust me, after answering 35,000+ emails a year for 14+ years I really do not care if everyone everywhere loves me or not. If you feel you can do better, step up.

I also do not believe in making the sale at all costs - no individual sale is that important to me no matter what the dollar amount may be or whom the person may be (or think they are) "in the NSX community". There are some customers that are too much hassle to deal with. I don't need to have everyone in the world love me to feel good about getting out of bed in the morning or preserve my self esteem. I will normally just tell you "I'll pass" and return your $ if I deem that to be the best course of action. My margins are too low and my blood pressure to high to make it worth it to me.. JMO of course, you may run YOUR shop differently, if you do, goodie for you, I'm happy for you, make sure you have health insurance.

If you think I am not attending you your needs fast enough to suit you it is usually due to the fact that I am currently attending to someone else who feels his needs are all important and all encompassing as well instead of you. Get over it. Please keep in mind that when I decide that the potential for pain is greater than the potential for a profit, however minuscule, you will be shown the door. Everything happens as fast as it can given the overall situation here. If that is not going to work for you, there are always other vendors that will promise more. Your call.

Last edited:
I've had nothing but positive experiences with him so far. I've only had my car a month or so but have placed 2 orders and asked a bunch of questions. All positive.

Re: What's the problem with Dali?

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I bought one small thing from Dali without issue and then read all the horror stories about him. I will be weary the next time I go to his site with a credit card. Glad you got your money back and hopefully this is the end of the issue.

I ordered 4 things from dali a few weeks ago. I last Monday I only received half of the order. So I waited a few days. Emailed him nicely if the other parts are on back order or if they are they shipped or could of been lost in shipping. So no responces. Waited another few days emailed him again a friendly. No response, And then another. Same story. I'm a nice guy followed his rules. I feel like a piece of shiz. I've read a lot. About his shabby business after I ordered. I should of researched before. I know there's a bunch of happy customers from him, the reason being for that is that he had the parts in stock. If he doesn't he's just gona screw you. He thinks ur too rich to care if your parts come in. There's a special spot in hell for these vendors that screw honest customers. Just imagine the anger just this one guy caused for so many customers.

I too bought or tried to from Dali. Guy has an attitude when you dare to ask where your stuff is. Basically told me he didn't have time for people who need to know where their stuff was. So he got deleted from my NSX favorites and I will be sure to tell others not to bother unless your happy not knowing. :mad:

John

I've always had the fastest replies from Mark, he seems diligent and allowed me to ship back some product that was on its way to me when my car was totaled in an accident. He has so much product on his site one can't help be impressed with the selection. I will be doing future business with him and recommend others do as well. Personally I have run an online e-commerce store and it's impossible to please everyone. It is hard to meet some peoples expectations but that doesn't mean he isn't trying...

I just did a ~$400 order with Dali. The complete coolant hose set, air filter, fuel filter and a couple other small parts. I live in Canada and had the order shipped to my parents in Texas. He emailed me quickly when he received the initial order. He emailed me when payment was received and he emailed me all the tracking information. From the day of order to time I received the order was exactly 7 days.
The only thing I wish was in the box was a packing slip. Everything was packaged well, just wished there was some type of packing slip with all the items ordered/shipped.

I tried buying a console trim and upper display, did it C.O.D. because what I had read on this board.....Sooooo glad I did!!!! After a week of waiting for some kind of reply, I emailed him and he responded that my order wasn't in the computer. I replied with the proof of my order and NEVER heard back from him. It's been about a month and a half now. I get the feeling I'm not getting my console trim. : ) This guy doesn't have the right to own a business!

Nate

I met Mark at NSXPO99 in Monterey.

We didn't have an approved helmet so Mark was good enough to lend us one so my son could take the driving school.

Never forgot his kindness and have been buying ever since.

He is very knowledgeable and helpful and has an enormous range of products.

I've never had a problem in 12 years

Jim

Late January 2011, I bought 2 items from him, 1) Injen Intake 2) Rear aluminum strut bar to put some bling on my engine bay before a car show.

The intake arrived 2 days after order and as promised since I wanted it to be installed by Saturday. I was very happy with that and I have always been happy dealing with Mark anyways for the past 4 years.

He told me that the strut bar won't get shipped immediately because it has to be sent out to the polisher. That was fine but I told him that I would need it the next Saturday at the latest and he was okay with that.

Cut things short, I never got the bar. He never responded to my emails even when I told him that I will dispute it on my card. I got my money back thanks to my bank but I really wanted that bar.

This is the first time I didn't get good service with Mark since I started buying stuff from him 4 years ago. I am shocked but to be honest, I will buy from him again. Actually I may contact him right now if he can really get the bar for me. LOL!

from my point of view, mark has been brilliant.

has completed all orders for me, goes out of his way to help. i have even got a full refund for a considerable amount

NEVER an issue with him, DALI ROCKS

long may it continue

Orders Front Sways from him recently got here in like 2 days...

Great feedback and service from Mark...

I would buy from him again...

Back