• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

looking to buy an nsx, help!!!

well I have been looking for sometime, and the couple of nsx's I have tried to buy diddent work out. I have already owned 2 1991 nsx's and am considering the 97 to 01 na2 model.

Q1. where to look other than the obvious places (i.e. autotrader, cars.com, etc)

Q2. is the 97-01 worth the extra $$$ over the 91-94 or not.

Q3. anyone on this website have one or know anyone that is selling one with low miles at a good price (40k-45k)?

Wrong forum?

nope, I have the one I intended, I also wanted some q's answered and some feedback on the 97-01 as compared to the 91-94 from those who have either drove or owned both, thanks in advance. dan :smile:

You are better off getting a 2002 NSX rather then a nice 97-01. Why? Well, if you were going to keep it stock, then I would say go for it. But since you are planning on doing a conversion, that's going to be close to 10k in parts/labor. So by the time you are done, you can get a 2002 for the price of your conversion. NA2 conversion only makes sense on earlier model NSX's, in my humble opinion.

You are better off getting a 2002 NSX rather then a nice 97-01. Why? Well, if you were going to keep it stock, then I would say go for it. But since you are planning on doing a conversion, that's going to be close to 10k in parts/labor. So by the time you are done, you can get a 2002 for the price of your conversion. NA2 conversion only makes sense on earlier model NSX's, in my humble opinion.

I don't see anything in OP said that he wants to do 02 conversion. He just want an NA2 (97+)

well I have been looking for sometime, and the couple of nsx's I have tried to buy diddent work out. I have already owned 2 1991 nsx's and am considering the 97 to 01 na2 model.

Q1. where to look other than the obvious places (i.e. autotrader, cars.com, etc)

Q3. anyone on this website have one or know anyone that is selling one with low miles at a good price (40k-45k)?

answer to Q2

It really all depends on what your planning to do with the car in the future. I have previously owned a 94 and later upgraded to a 97. Simply put, if you plan to keep the car relatively stock in terms of engine performance, I would reccomend spending a little bit more now for a 97+ model and enjoy the 6speed and higher horsepower. However, if you do plan have plans for serious engine mods and want to save a couple bucks.....you might want to consider the pre 97 years. Hope that helps somewhat with your decision.

In anycase...good luck with your search and patience is virtue when searching for the perfect nsx.

answer to Q2

It really all depends on what your planning to do with the car in the future. I have previously owned a 94 and later upgraded to a 97. Simply put, if you plan to keep the car relatively stock in terms of engine performance, I would reccomend spending a little bit more now for a 97+ model and enjoy the 6speed and higher horsepower. However, if you do plan have plans for serious engine mods and want to save a couple bucks.....you might want to consider the pre 97 years. Hope that helps somewhat with your decision.

In anycase...good luck with your search and patience is virtue when searching for the perfect nsx.

cool, just want to keep the car as stock as possible, I have modded too many cars to the point where they werent very reliable.

1) Keep an eye on the "For Sale" section here on Prime is your best bet.

2) I have driven both and came to the conclusion that a NA1 with Intake/Headers/Exhaust is just as fun to drive as a NA2. There will be no reliability issues on a Normally Aspirated car with I/H/E.

Its depends on whether you want a T-top that matters most. I needed the extra head room so a coupe was the obvious choice for me.

OK correct forum!

Q1: I found my car on autotrader but looked at cars.com, craigslist, prime, and nsxtrader. For some reason I thought the cars.com vehicles were more expensive. Some autotrader listings are a bit sleazy.

Q2: For me - yes. I limited my search to 97-01 cars. I still don't really like the 02+ look (except for the rear). I was indifferent to the T. I just wanted the 3.2 and the 6 spd. I also wanted a 10 year or newer car rather than a 16-14 year old car. I have no regrets about the car I bought. It is a 97 that had 23K miles when I bought it. I wish it came with Volks instead of the chrome OEMs it has :rolleyes:

Q3: Can't help you there but the price range is do-able. I paid 43K for mine.

97+ imo. From your other quotes seemingly wanting a trouble free ride, you chances of finding a low km's in a 97+ is much better than a NA1. Quite far from having to worry about timing belt changes etc... I find that the power assisted steering comes quite handy on cruises. You do lose the "feel" of the road however, but this feature is well worth it in the long run.
cool, just want to keep the car as stock as possible, I have modded too many cars to the point where they werent very reliable.

... I find that the power assisted steering comes quite handy on cruises. You do lose the "feel" of the road however, but this feature is well worth it in the long run.[/QUOTE]

The power steering is only at low speeds, when you get going the '97 steering feels just like the '91. I too went from '91 to a '97 and I have to say that the benefits of '97 is 6 speed, 3.2 L and better brakes. I don't care for the T top and you also loose headspace in a T-top. I wonder how many ppl have gone from '97-'01 back to a '91-'94?

i concur that the power steering is not noticeable once under way. furthermore, the myriad of corrections and improvements in na2 are worth the money.

Back