• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

looking to buy this nsx jh4na1286st000466

im looking to get this nsx its at a dealer ship in Lansing IL. vin#jh4na1286st000466 I would fly there and drive car back im 800 miles away from car and if someone can give me some info on this car i would greatly appreciate it. it could make the decision for me to not buy it r not, i realy would not want to pass it up if the car is a good one its hard to find a auto red 95 r newer

Re: looking to buy this nsx

If you'd like i can go see it for you. Please pm me.

it can be seen on autotrader

Or you can make it easy on us and give us the link, no one here minds helping if the heavy lifting is already done.
To expect Primers to scour Autotrader to find it when you already know the URL will reduce the level of assistance you'll get.
Pay it forward.
That having been said I would run from this car; 1) It's an auto 2.) The dealer must be aware of the salvage title but they don't look too eager to disclose it here:
http://preownedvehicles.riveroakshonda.com/web/1944/vehicle/241843/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=pingfm
In fact they go the other way...
"The paint is in excellent condition and it is apparent that this car was garaged and meticulously-maintained. This vehicle has almost every option imaginable. The mileage is consistent with a car of this age. 100% AutoCheck guaranteed! This vehicle's interior does show very minimal signs of wear, but it is in far better condition than what is expected for a vehicle of this age."

Last edited:

FIrst off listen to Curt! Secondly, there are 338 NSXs for sale right now and this one isn't going to fly off the shelf - ok so stop with the desparation and dig deep find some patience and calm down a little.

If this car has a salvage title you really need to do a bunch of homework on it. So slow down and take it easy before you make what may be a huge mistake.

Here's the autotrader too for those who are wondering. Link may or may not work but I'll paste it here. Looks pretty dang clean. I like the newer wheels on it.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...omatic&max_price=&cardist=1442&standard=false

2.) The dealer must be aware of the salvage title
Where are you seeing that it's salvage? I just ran a Carfax on it - squeaky clean. I'll paste it here but the format isn't going to look pretty.

5/15/1995 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Houston, TX Registered as
personal vehicle
08/15/1995 10 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Houston, TX
Title #00022200047757460 Title or registration issued
First owner reported
Loan or lien reported
11/23/1995 4,400 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Plano, TX
Title #00022200049002924 Title or registration issued
12/20/1995 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Plano, TX
Title #00022200049256976 Title or registration issued
05/08/1996 9,764 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Frisco, TX
Title #00022200050301780 Title or registration issued
Loan or lien reported
10/19/1996 15,245 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Frisco, TX
Title #05743635346111056 Title or registration issued
Loan or lien reported
12/10/1996 17,651 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Dallas, TX
Title #05721335400100608 Title or registration issued
Loan or lien reported
03/19/1997 21,730 Alabama
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Gadsden, AL
Title #20826534 Title issued or updated
06/10/1998 27,911 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Austin, TX
Title #22725235945153831 Title or registration issued
02/01/1999 31,021 Dealer Inventory
Houston, TX Vehicle offered for sale
01/12/2000 31,525 Dealer Inventory
Austin, TX Vehicle offered for sale

Owner 2
Purchased: 2000
Type: Personal
Where: Texas
Est. miles/year: ---
Est. length owned: 4/19/00 - 4/3/02
(1 yr. 11 mo.)

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:
04/19/2000 31,543 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Austin, TX
Title #22733236625101632 Title or registration issued
New owner reported
02/01/2001 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Austin, TX
Title #22733236625101632 Title issued or updated
04/01/2001 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Austin, TX
12/01/2001 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Austin, TX
01/03/2002 67,543 Texas
Inspection Station
Houston, TX Passed emissions inspection

Owner 3
Purchased: 2002
Where: Iowa
Est. miles/year: 1,825/yr
Est. length owned: 4/3/02 - 12/20/05
(3 yrs. 8 mo.)

CARFAX Xpert
Low mileage! This owner drove an estimated 1,825 miles per year, lower than the industry average of 15,000 miles. These vehicles can be a better value.

04/03/2002 69,998 Iowa
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Bettendorf, IA
Title #82U757944 Title issued or updated
New owner reported
04/16/2002 Service Facility Maintenance inspection completed
Antifreeze/coolant flushed/changed
Transmission serviced
09/14/2002 70,338 Service Facility Drive belts replaced
12/03/2002 Iowa
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Bettendorf, IA Registration updated when owner moved
the vehicle to a new location
01/07/2003 70,759 Service Facility Vehicle serviced
02/14/2003 Service Facility Vehicle serviced
07/29/2003 71,201 Service Facility Vehicle serviced
03/25/2004 73,883 Service Facility Battery replaced
11/15/2005 Iowa
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Bettendorf, IA
Title #82AA56862 Title issued or updated
Duplicate title issued
Vehicle color noted as Red
12/20/2005 77,675 Auto Auction Sold at auction
in Illinois
Listed as
a dealer vehicle
CARFAX Xpert
Dealers routinely buy and sell millions of used vehicles at auction each year.

Owner 4
Purchased: 2006
Where: Illinois
Est. length owned: 1/5/06 - 10/22/07
(1 yr. 9 mo.)

01/05/2006 Illinois
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Naperville, IL
Title #X6005046004 Title issued or updated
New owner reported
Exempt from odometer reporting
02/02/2006 Illinois
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Bourbonnais, IL
Title #X6033656301 Title issued or updated
05/30/2007 85,865 Joe Rizza Acura Inc.
Orland Park, IL
708-403-7770
www.rizzacars.com Washed/detailed
09/13/2007 87,824 Bill Kay Honda
Bourbonnais, IL
815-937-7900
www.billkayhonda.com Vehicle serviced

Owner 5
Purchased: 2007
Where: Illinois
Est. length owned: 10/22/07 - 11/4/08
(1 year)

10/22/2007 Illinois
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Manteno, IL
Title #X7295685817 Title issued or updated
New owner reported
Loan or lien reported
10/14/2008 90,237 Joe Rizza Acura Inc.
Orland Park, IL
708-403-7770
www.rizzacars.com Washed/detailed
11/04/2008 90,388 Online Listing Vehicle offered for sale
03/25/2009 90,795 Joe Rizza Acura Inc.
Orland Park, IL
708-403-7770
www.rizzacars.com Engine/powertrain computer/module checked
Washed/detailed

There was a link to Car Fax earlier. I showed a Salvage title issued in Texas. The link is gone.:confused:

There was a link to Car Fax earlier. I showed a Salvage title issued in Texas. The link is gone.:confused:

I believe that dtrigg did the same thing that I did and confused this thread with another from the OP.
dtrigg posted to the other so I know he was there. When I posted to this thread the OP's other post from 8/20/09 had got bumped real close to this one.
I can't speak for dtrigg but it appears that I got the two threads mixed up. The other was DIY also...

I just came back from the dealer, the overall condition is fair/poor. The interior is "highly modified" :) by someone who loved sounds, the radio is aftermarket, when i was trying to get the lcd screen to go up the radio restarted on me. The glovebox is gone, someone put a subwoofer in there and the lid is hooked up to a wooden panel that covers the whole storage area. Most of the interior panels could be easily lifted up and lots of screws are missing. Coin tray is gone, there is a piece of plastic covering the area since someone put a speaker facing down inside the space under arm rest. The rear panels that are behind seats have been replaced with some sort of aftermarket plywood covered in leather - very poor quality of work. SRS light is on, when this dealer got the car the check engine light was also on because of an O2 sensor on one of the cats, they replaced the sensor with a new one, when i asked why the srs light is not reset they said that Honda has limited access to Acura cars and they were not able to do it. The whole car was repainted, none of the doors, hood, fenders, bumpers, rear 1/4 panels or trunk lid have vins. Wheels look Ok, tires are almost new but cheap quality. Trunk has an amplifier instead of the tool set. I asked the dealer if they have any records of service - they don't have any, when i asked about the TB + WP they said that a lot of people asked about it so since it is so important the car had to have these services done but they don't have any proof. Suspension componets look OK, I was able to lay under the car for few minutes and i saw good looking control arms and balljoints, stock headers and cats. Transmission is shifting very hard, when the car changes gears it almost feels like a neutral drop on manual cars. When i got there the car was parked outside and covered in snow, it was left there for the past night at least. Do not buy this car without a PPI, take it somewhere where they know what they're doing, this Honda dealer has no idea about what the NSX is. They took it on a trade along with a mercedes ML class for a new pilot...

If you have any more questions please ask, there might be things i saw but forgot to mention now. I will post a few pictures later.

I just came back from the dealer, the overall condition is fair/poor. The interior is "highly modified" :) by someone who loved sounds, the radio is aftermarket, when i was trying to get the lcd screen to go up the radio restarted on me. The glovebox is gone, someone put a subwoofer in there and the lid is hooked up to a wooden panel that covers the whole storage area. Most of the interior panels could be easily lifted up and lots of screws are missing. Coin tray is gone, there is a piece of plastic covering the area since someone put a speaker facing down inside the space under arm rest. The rear panels that are behind seats have been replaced with some sort of aftermarket plywood covered in leather - very poor quality of work. SRS light is on, when this dealer got the car the check engine light was also on because of an O2 sensor on one of the cats, they replaced the sensor with a new one, when i asked why the srs light is not reset they said that Honda has limited access to Acura cars and they were not able to do it. The whole car was repainted, none of the doors, hood, fenders, bumpers, rear 1/4 panels or trunk lid have vins. Wheels look Ok, tires are almost new but cheap quality. Trunk has an amplifier instead of the tool set. I asked the dealer if they have any records of service - they don't have any, when i asked about the TB + WP they said that a lot of people asked about it so since it is so important the car had to have these services done but they don't have any proof. Suspension componets look OK, I was able to lay under the car for few minutes and i saw good looking control arms and balljoints, stock headers and cats. Transmission is shifting very hard, when the car changes gears it almost feels like a neutral drop on manual cars. When i got there the car was parked outside and covered in snow, it was left there for the past night at least. Do not buy this car without a PPI, take it somewhere where they know what they're doing, this Honda dealer has no idea about what the NSX is. They took it on a trade along with a mercedes ML class for a new pilot...

If you have any more questions please ask, there might be things i saw but forgot to mention now. I will post a few pictures later.

Are we getting cars/threads mixed up here?:confused: These photos in the links and descriptions don't go together. :confused::confused: Also, you desctiption sounds more like a salvaged vehicle. One thread, but perhaps not this one, had a Car Fax link with a salvage title. :confused::confused:

OK. Who can solve this mystery?

This is the same car, 1995 NSX-T Red/Black Auto on 2002+ wheels.
The pictures posted by the dealer make the car look way nicer that what it actually is.

This is the same car, 1995 NSX-T Red/Black Auto on 2002+ wheels.
The pictures posted by the dealer make the car look way nicer that what it actually is.

Look way nicer...I would consider that trick photography or photo shop to say the least. I hear what you're saying. It still confuses me. There was a link to Car Fax that showed a salvage title issued in Texas, but that link is no longer posted. I saw it and read it. Now there is a Car Fax on this thread which as recall is EXTREMELY similar to the previous link, but there is no salvage title.:confused::confused::confused:

I think curtsr posted the link to the salvage Car Fax and mentioned that it was a salvage car.

By the way, thanks for your report.

Last edited:
To Brylek THANK YOU i was getting ready to get this car all i had left to do was see when i would be able to get off of work for 3 to 4 days (live 800 miles away)i was waithing to see from my boss so i would not leave them in a bind at work.Brylek prime members like u make non nsx owners want a nsx even more nowing that members like u would help with probleams that they may come across. Thank you sooo much for your help.(did u get a idea of how low they would go just curious)

To Brylek THANK YOU i was getting ready to get this car all i had left to do was see when i would be able to get off of work for 3 to 4 days (live 800 miles away)i was waithing to see from my boss so i would not leave them in a bind at work.Brylek prime members like u make non nsx owners want a nsx even more nowing that members like u would help with probleams that they may come across. Thank you sooo much for your help.(did u get a idea of how low they would go just curious)

Are you still considering purchasing this car? Just wondering.

It was my pleasure helping another prime member so don't thank me, i felt obligated :)I asked the dealer how they got it and he said that the car was traded in along with a Mercedes ML class plus cash for a Honda Pilot so you do your math. Before you pull the trigger get a professional PPI, get the tranny checked out. You also have to prepare yourself for some major spending on the interior and on top of all those things you are going to own a car that has all been repainted - yes every single panel. Before i forgot to mention that the glass hatch does not stay up. I took pictures with my friend's cellphone, i will post them tomorrow late afternoon.

Dtrigg no i dont think i will get this car just wondering if they gave Brylek a hint that they would come down on price verses someone on the showroom floor then on the net self note, i may have to deal with this dealer ship in future for a car but i will allway check here first Brylek sold me on the quality of people they have here on prime thanks Brylek(for those wondering were im from :biggrin:GO SAINTS WHO DAT:biggrin:)

Dtrigg no i dont think i will get this car just wondering if they gave Brylek a hint that they would come down on price verses someone on the showroom floor then on the net self note, i may have to deal with this dealer ship in future for a car but i will allway check here first Brylek sold me on the quality of people they have here on prime thanks Brylek(for those wondering were im from :biggrin:GO SAINTS WHO DAT:biggrin:)

Glad to hear you're not going to purchase it. Sounds like LOTS of work.

Good luck in your search.

It's back up for sale on eBay.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Or at least that rear tire sidewall height o_O

So it looks like the car was for sale at a small dealer in the Dallas area by the name of Go Luxury Auto Group with a list price of $60k and now it's on eBay with an asking price of $67k.

i spoke with the owner and thought about buying but the air bags are disconnected and a weird stereo. He also told me he ended up selling it for $47k!!!!!! i had offered 45 a couple days before but the airbag situation bothered me.

Back