• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking to track my car via GPS on my iPhone, what's the most cost effective simple?

I know there's tons of vehicle GPS but I just need to track my car's whereabouts during the day from my iPhone?

Looking for something simple and just detects location on Google maps :)

thanks!

Buy an older model iPhone, wire it into the car, then use the "find iPhone" app to track it?

Buy an older model iPhone, wire it into the car, then use the "find iPhone" app to track it?

That's what I was going to suggest! I wonder if you can get away with not having a data plan on it. I use my old iPhone for a track timer that uses its GPS, and it's not on a data plan.

I'd use an old iPad with a T-mobile SIM card since they are offering 200mb free data a month for life. :D

No need to even pay for a SIM card. It looks like they are doing a promotion now. :D

http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/380340

T-Mobile Prepaid Phone SIM Card Activation Kit FREE
T-Mobile is offering FREE SIM Card Activation Kit with Free Shipping. No Tax.

T-Mobile SIM Card Activation Kit FREE
T-Mobile Micro SIM Card Activation Kit FREE
T-Mobile Nano Sim Card Starter Kit FREE

Each SIM comes with 200MB free data for life every month (200 MB of free 4G LTE data each month for as long as you own your tablet), and it replenishes every 30 days for as long as you own and use registered device with T-Mobile.

Back