• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LOTUS 250

hvae u guys seen pictures of this upcoming are...wow..and its gonna have some juice..v6..probably around 225 hp.and very light..and the doors opoen like the lambo's..still another two yrs b4 on the road though

I first saw a picture of this in the April/May 2000 Sports Car Intl. magazine. It was quite the looker! Before I realized it was a Lotus, I thought I was looking at a prototype of the next-gen NSX!

It's price/performance ratio (plus NSX-inspired looks) make it very competitive to the current NSX. Especially if it's priced under $60,000 when it's introduced sometime in 2002. Of course, the next-gen NSX will probably completely out-class the M250, especially if it's in the same price range but with a 400HP V8.

Is this the car you are talking about?

m250i10.jpg

On this model the doors don't open like a Lambo, they scissor open.

m250i04.jpg

I do not like the front grille at all. The headlights somehow remind me of a Mercury Cougar. The rest is OK if a little over-the-top.

m250i12.jpg

I don't know if I like the "bare aluminum" look of the interior but I guess it's a good way to keep weight down.

It should be a fun little car for sure. But I wonder if fit and finish or reliability will be any better than previous Lotus models?

when i was in europe last month i had a chance to race a 340r... those things are sooo cool! I was driving a family friends c4s, and the lotus just sucked my headlights in the twisties. heres a pic of what they look like. I sat in the one they have at a dealership near my house and if they had these here i would buy one in a sec! (despite the fact it has no doors or roof!)
wink.gif

340R_side.jpg

Back