• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LoveFab Turbo Dyno Update

I just got my car back from Cody. He performed all of the normal periodic maintenance, plus the timing belt and water pump. As a added bonus, Cody did some fine tuning on my set up. I am now at 8.5 lbs of boost, which now does not taper off under sustained full acceleration. What a blast! The car is running great and feels so much quicker with another 40 rwhp. Great job, Cody! Here is the dyno:

Attachments

• SCAN0012.jpg
    SCAN0012.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 495
Awesome Al! The car must feel incredible!

Are you guys still running the AEM F/IC?

Devin-

Good to see you are still knocking around. How the heck are you? Yes, I am still you using the AEM F/IC. It has worked great!

Excuse my ignorance, but is this a 3.0 or 3.2? Stock internals?

Excuse my ignorance, but is this a 3.0 or 3.2? Stock internals?

As another poster indicated, it is a 3.2 with stock internals. I will not take the boost any higher without building the motor. I don't think I will do that because if it was any faster, it would be dangerous. As it is, it is pretty violent. :biggrin:

Very nice Al! Hope to see tweety sometime this summer. Hopefully before (if) you head south.

Ryan-

Would love to join everybody at some event. Work has been very busy and the golf bug has me pretty consumed on the weekend. I will keep my eyes peeled on the next get together and see if I can make it. Enjoy the 4th!

Are you using 440 injectors or larger? If so, I thought a limiting factor
of the F/IC was you couldn't go bigger than 440's.

i use the FIC with 750's

Are you using 440 injectors or larger? If so, I thought a limiting factor
of the F/IC was you couldn't go bigger than 440's.

I use 550's with mine. No issues with the F/IC.

How the heck are you getting 487 at 8.5 lbs? My 2000 NSX-T with Lovefab system gets 435whp at 10 lbs. I am now running a max boost of 13 lbs which I only hit at the track every now and then and I think I have an issue. When I rev it above 5000 rpm and get off the gas, grey blue smoke comes out the tail pipes. Hope I didn't blow my head gasket or hurt the engine or turbo charger. The engine internals are stock.

How the heck are you getting 487 at 8.5 lbs? My 2000 NSX-T with Lovefab system gets 435whp at 10 lbs. I am now running a max boost of 13 lbs which I only hit at the track every now and then and I think I have an issue. When I rev it above 5000 rpm and get off the gas, grey blue smoke comes out the tail pipes. Hope I didn't blow my head gasket or hurt the engine or turbo charger. The engine internals are stock.

If you blew a headgasket you would have tons of white smoke and your temp gauge would be running hot.

I think 10# on stock internals is too much. just my opinion.

Well,i guess now your nsxprime handle fits well

I remember way back in the day when "duffer's" car was first put on the dyno, it put down more power than your typical NSX. This was not due to a dyno calibration problem/error because head to head on the same dyno with 'similar' NSXs, the power was still more. Upon turbocharging, the numbers were always higher than what most thought they would be because his engine is just more efficient with boost or something...maybe someone at the factory switched an NSX-S or NSX-R tuned engine in there...

Numbers are looking great!

If you blew a headgasket you would have tons of white smoke and your temp gauge would be running hot.

I think 10# on stock internals is too much. just my opinion.

OK Good to know. So whats grey/blue smoke? I have meth injection BTW.

Well,i guess now your nsxprime handle fits well

Ha ha very funny. I have a feeling it won't be funny when I get the bill to fix whatever is wrong.

OK Good to know. So whats grey/blue smoke? I have meth injection BTW.

Ha ha very funny. I have a feeling it won't be funny when I get the bill to fix whatever is wrong.

Blue smoke is bad. I'd avoid hitting boost, and take it in for some leakdown testing. While you're there, might want to bring a crow bar to open your bank vault because if you're on a 3.2motor, it is goan suck the beeeg peeeenis to fix. I just finished getting my 3.2 built. As an aside...

13 psi is pretty high to run on a stock motor. Way high. I ran 9.6psi on the bbsc and basically considered every day it didn't blow at that psi a gift. Obviously, you like pushing the envelope. Thats good, because when you rebuild, you'll enjoy the 600 rwhp you're going to see.

Last edited:
I remember way back in the day when "duffer's" car was first put on the dyno, it put down more power than your typical NSX. This was not due to a dyno calibration problem/error because head to head on the same dyno with 'similar' NSXs, the power was still more. Upon turbocharging, the numbers were always higher than what most thought they would be because his engine is just more efficient with boost or something...maybe someone at the factory switched an NSX-S or NSX-R tuned engine in there...

Numbers are looking great!

Broinkrist-

Excellent memory! You are impressive with your memory. I put down 284 rwhp stock and then 315 rwhp with Comtech headers, exhaust and intake. We have all scratched our heads as to why my engine is so powerful - I am just happy I have the car. That is also the reason I will likely never sell my car. I have had it for 12 years and it never ceases to put a smile on my face.

i had that problem before and I wound up having to get the turbo's rebuilt. I would guess that is your problem if your leak down check is fine.

Rob

I just got my car back from Cody. He performed all of the normal periodic maintenance, plus the timing belt and water pump. As a added bonus, Cody did some fine tuning on my set up. I am now at 8.5 lbs of boost, which now does not taper off under sustained full acceleration. What a blast! The car is running great and feels so much quicker with another 40 rwhp. Great job, Cody! Here is the dyno:

Excellent numbers.

Now I know my car engine is safe up to 480whp :wink:

You can look at several things.

First, check you system and make sure you are not losing boost (boost leak) anywhere

Second, do you have the new Lovefab Headers?

Third, check your turbo and make sure it doesn't need to be rebuilt. Take the air filter off of the turbo and check to see if there is any play with the turbine blades.

I am thinking much like Rob saying it might be the turbo itself.

Excellent numbers.

Now I know my car engine is safe up to 480whp :wink:

Alex - Hopefully, we can get together in Atlanta before very long and check out each other's rides. I am the one that PM'd you a few months ago about the possibility of moving to Atlanta. I should already be down there, but my promotion was delayed since my company is going through a downsizing and all promotions/open req's were put on hold. It should be resolved very soon and I will be Atlanta-bound. Looking to buy a home in East Cobb County. Hopefully, that isn't too far from you and the rest of the Atlanta NSX gang.

Back