• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Lowering - how much before it rubs speed bumps?

I'm looking at grabbing a set of Stacy's experimental skirts, which look really nice to me because they go a little lower than the oem skirts. I can't lower my entire car because it's my daily driver and there are just too many places where I already rub the front end at oem height.

So, question is... what's the most you can lower a car by before you start rubbing the jack points on speed bumps? I don't think I've ever rubbed a speed bump at oem height. I saw someone say .8" lower with bilsteins causes rubbing.

Thanks...

Aiken Drum said:
... what's the most you can lower a car by before you start rubbing the jack points on speed bumps?...
It depends on the speed bumps.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I once had to back out of an area that had speed bumps ~5" high.

It definately depends on the speed bump. I'm lowered with Eibach's on stock shocks which should be around 1-1.2" and I clear most speed bumps. However, I do scrape the larger/taller speed bumps unless I crawl over it.

Back