• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

lowering issues/costs?

I'm considering lowering my NSX and have been searching Prime for information on it...unfortunately without success. Anyway, are there any things to be concerned with, other than clearance coming into my driveway? Recommended springs? How much does it get lowered (dependent on springs purchased)? What should I expect to pay for this? It seems that many cars have been lowered and AOB recommends it so I think I'm all in, just want to learn more about it before I do it. Thank you in advance.

Jim

If you change to lower spring get Bilstein shocks as well. Lowering springs will kill stock shock quickly as I learnt the hard way. Issues with lowering maybe the trires will eat inside as the camber become negative though alignment helps a little. Pros is your car might handle better, look better.

I got the Bilstein shock only...lowered it from 4 fingers to 2 fingers gap clearance. Ride improves...the feel and looks are amazing! Even with 2 finger gaps, sometimes I scrape the bottom front bumper. If you go any lower, then expect more scraping.

Cost: ~$500 for all for shocks and $300 for installation and $100 for new alignment.

FYI..there's a guy on Ebay that sells the bilstein shocks for the nsx for a good price...search for nsx bilsteins

Thanks for the advice! So lowering with shocks should run around $1,100? Now I'm debating whether to add a new exhaust system first.

Any recommendations on the lowering springs? (Dali, Tanabe, etc..)?

I quoted a total of $900. However, the price varies in your area on the installation/allignment.

Bonk said:
Thanks for the advice! So lowering with shocks should run around $1,100? Now I'm debating whether to add a new exhaust system first.

Oh, I read it as you did the shocks only and not the springs so I expected there would be an additional $200 for the springs? Thanks again.

Jim

Bonk said:

I think there is some info in the FAQ section on exhausts. I has SS DC Sports headers and exhaust. There are much louder exhaust out there but I think mine sounds good and I can live with it day to day.

Back