• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

March Madness 2012

Which team has the best chance to win it all this year? Although not the one I favor, I believe Mich St. can do it after reviewing their bracket.

I have UNC, Syracuse, Kentucky and Mizzou in the Final Four. I have UNC over Kentucky in the final.

Bingo, I would love to see SU take it all but I see this outcome as probable.

I think Memphis and Louisville will be tougher for State to overcome than Missouri.

If they can avoid the first round slip-ups of the past several years, look out for Vanderbilt. When they decide they want to play defense like they did against Kentucky in the SEC championship game, they are hard to beat and if John Jenkins & Jeffrey Taylor are on from 3, they can be dominant. They are as athletic as anybody and start 4 seniors and a junior.

On the other hand, they can come out asleep and get their ass handed to them like they did at Arkansas. Quick PGs can give them trouble and if their big, Festus Ezeli, picks up early fouls, they become too reliant on the 3 ball.

Who will win tomorrow nights Iowa St. vs Connecticut matchup? I have IS on the bracket but love the Huskies.

There can be some interesting match ups as the tourney progresses.

Baylor beats Duke to meet Kentucky. Baylor beats Kentucky.
Mizzou advances to beat Michigan State and then we have a rematch of the Big 12 with Mizzou against Baylor and Mizzou advances to the championship game.

Florida State has momentum going into the tournament. If they continue their play, its possible they can meet Carolina in the Final Four. Florida St has beat them twice to include the ACC Championship. Florida St embarrassed the Heels 90-57 in January. However, hopefully Hanson is back in the lineup and Florida St can't keep up with the Heels.

Kentucky gets past Baylor and advances to beat Mizzou and enters the Championship game against, the Tarheels. This will have significance as the Wildcats beat Carolina last year in the Elite 8. Kentucky also won 73-72 on December 3, 2010. This would be a great draw for the tournament championship.

And as Roy Williams said.. when they won the National Championships in 2005 and 2009, each year they did not win the ACC Championship and the Tar Heel Nation wasn't upset with the season. The Tarheels enter the tournament, after losing the ACC Championship game to Florida St. Just sayin.....

GO HEELS! :biggrin:

Mizzou advances to beat Michigan State and then we have a rematch of the Big 12 with Mizzou against Baylor and Mizzou advances to the championship game.

Florida State has momentum going into the tournament. If they continue their play, its possible they can meet Carolina in the Final Four. Florida St has beat them twice to include the ACC Championship. Florida St embarrassed the Heels 90-57 in January. However, hopefully Hanson is back in the lineup and Florida St can't keep up with the Heels.

Kentucky gets past Baylor and advances to beat Mizzou and enters the Championship game against, the Tarheels. This will have significance as the Wildcats beat Carolina last year in the Elite 8. Kentucky also won 73-72 on December 3, 2010. This would be a great draw for the tournament championship.

And as Roy Williams said.. when they won the National Championships in 2005 and 2009, each year they did not win the ACC Championship and the Tar Heel Nation wasn't upset with the season. The Tarheels enter the tournament, after losing the ACC Championship game to Florida St. Just sayin.....

Your right about the Seminoles. They are getting ready to play St Bon. as I type this. I have them in the final four and hey, ya never know?

if mizzou hadn't looked past Norfolk State, they may have ended up where you hoped they would. haha. Suckas!

Duke has all they can handle right now with Lehigh defense and transition game.

My bracket is almost blown... I had Mizzou playing UNC for it all. I also had Uconn taking out Kentucky, but then losing to Baylor.

At 10pm last night, I was 12/12, by midnight, I was 12/14... and now? unnhhhhhhhhh :rolleyes:

Mizzou losing was just plain bad for my bracket. I hate Mizzou, I'm a KU alum, and the first time I ever predict them to do anything relevant in the tournament they pull this. Muck Fizzou, as it's said. Hopefully UK and UNC make it to the final with UNC winning because that's the only salvation I have for my bracket!!!

Duke gets knocked out immediately and NC State makes it to the Sweet 16. Would have never have guessed.

My bracket is F'd from Duke and Missouri, currently at 74.4% but it will rapidly decline due to those upsets.

I had KU but was rooting for purdue...... till the last minute, har har.

Given that the lady goes to NC State and we live a mile away from it I will be rooting for them; however, I have KU winning that one.

I would looooooove to see NCSU and UNC go head to head though. The triangle will be going nuts.

Finally back to the games. Will Wisconsin upset the Orange tonight? Watching it now and it is close.

Back