• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Martinsville Ford GT

I took the 2006 Ford GT up to Martinsville’s NASCAR ½ mile oval racetrack to do some charity laps. It turned out that a 5.8 liter Mustang Saleen with ~850hp and DOT slicks got the track at the same time. The Mustang owner is a local street racing hero worked with the "officials" and the locals knew him and assumed he’d whoop up on the GT…not so!

The NASCAR pacecar and the track officials “looked the other way” and the Saleen and I had about a dozen (unlimited) rolling drag races down the straightaways.

I needed every bit of my upgrades as I nudged 100mph (NASCARs can hit 130 but I did not come off the banked turns with any real speed)…but the GT now has some new fans in NASCAR country.

Attachments

• Martinsville.jpg
    Martinsville.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Saleen FGT drag race.jpg
    Saleen FGT drag race.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 103
Nice! It looks like a good time!

I like the color of your Ford :D

When I was rebuilding my NSX, I told my painter to change the color from black to one of the Acura "silvers" and he said NO!...so I had to get the next best thing (Tungsten Grey Metallic)

When I was rebuilding my NSX, I told my painter to change the color from black to one of the Acura "silvers" and he said NO!...so I had to get the next best thing (Tungsten Grey Metallic)

LOL but good to see the GT out in its semi natural habitat and hunting no less. Havent driven Martinsville but I imagine that gets kind of scary/sketchy on such a small track

Sweet !!!
We need to get together!

- - - Updated - - -

LOL but good to see the GT out in its semi natural habitat and hunting no less. Havent driven Martinsville but I imagine that gets kind of scary/sketchy on such a small track

The GT has been to VIR too. I prefer the run-off at VIR (just in case). Martinsville, tight track but just like go-karting...huge/dynamic fun in a small space.

Back