• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Maseratti Quattroporte opinions?

Ski_Banker

Suspended
Anyone own or very familiar with these? I'm kicking around getting one as a semi-daily driver (to split the duty with Alicia :tongue:) and they can be had for $40-55k just a couple years old. I know '07 is the year to get since they put in a much better (auto) transmission then.

Thoughts on these sexy beasts?

Actually drove a sort of light pearl blue one last night. Believe it's an 08. Looks much classier with than the usual black ones. I only drove it about 2 miles for a friend of mine because he had a couple drinks and needed to move it. It seems to be a hit or miss for people. Personally I'd rather just have a 7 series or S class a year old for about the same money. They are great deals due to their exorbitant depreciation rate.

Everything I have read said avoid the car until they introduced the Auto tranny.

Maserati's dazzling four-door is Motor Trend favorite

Anyone own or very familiar with these? I'm kicking around getting one as a semi-daily driver (to split the duty with Alicia :tongue:) and they can be had for $40-55k just a couple years old. I know '07 is the year to get since they put in a much better (auto) transmission then.

Thoughts on these sexy beasts?

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/exotic/112_0703_2007_maserati_quattroporte/index.html
http://www.edmunds.com/maserati/quattroporte/2007/review.html

"It has more charisma in its front fender than a new S-Class and 7 Series put together. And a V-8 under the hood that at 6800 rpm sounds as spine-tingling as a Pavarotti aria." But like a junkie supermodel with bad breath, its flaws were all too

I think they are seriously ugly but I understand they are pure JOY to drive.

Beauty of a car. I loved the one featured on Entourage. There was an episode when they took off for Vegas at the end, and the engine noise was super sweet.

Do they cost Ferrari money to maintain?

P

For maintenance, my understanding is that they are not that bad particularly the 2007+ ones, where they got a lot of early bugs worked out including the tranny. I would expect something along the lines of a bimmer. There are plenty for sale that have been driven 15k+ miles per year, so at least those folks drove them normally. I would only put 5-8k miles on it most likely, and I live 45 mins from a Ferrari dealer so service wouldn't be impossible.

I mean $45k for one of these??? :tongue::tongue: I need to get off my duff and drive one...

Check out the used S6s too if you need AWD.

For maintenance, my understanding is that they are not that bad particularly the 2007+ ones, where they got a lot of early bugs worked out including the tranny. I would expect something along the lines of a bimmer. There are plenty for sale that have been driven 15k+ miles per year, so at least those folks drove them normally. I would only put 5-8k miles on it most likely, and I live 45 mins from a Ferrari dealer so service wouldn't be impossible.

I mean $45k for one of these??? :tongue::tongue: I need to get off my duff and drive one...

Ya gotta get an 07 and up, the earlier ones suck. I wanted one but the 07+'s are more they I want to spend. M5 are sick too but I want a 6 speed and again, 07+ are kinda out of my price range. A nice car to consider is an A8L, very gangsta:wink:

Here's a CPO'd M5 in Florida with the right color interior and trim (Black with brushed aluminum). I'd bet this could be had for right around the current price.

Oh man, I love these cars. By far the most beautiful modern four door ever made. The E60 M5 is fast but jeez it's like driving the space shuttle. Too many whiz bang gadgets and it's not so pretty in my eyes. The QP is no where near as quick but that engine sound (especially if you retrofit a tubi exhaust) is incredible and they handle beautifully as well. Only downside I can see is reliability & maintenance cost (as well as the funky transmission in the earlier models). If I were in the market for something like this though, top of my list. :cool:

Back