• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

May need a new motor!

I have major problems with my 151,000 motor. I will meet today with Bosco to look at options. And give Billy Johnson a call later. I found on Prime a 97 with 58,000. ##@!!

Lance

Keep us posted buddy!

It is going to be stock.
Lance

Don't feel too bad, you got tremendous life out of that motor. As much as you track the car (and the fact that you have begun to drive more aggressively on the track), a new motor is just the price you have to pay to play at some point. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Tom

Edit: What car are you going to start driving as a daily? Perhaps it's time to bust out the GN! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Thanks.
I am driving the GN but it needs some R-12 added, which is not a problem. I will have the Datson 1600 back on the road next week with its' motor being refreshed.

Lance

The last of the needed parts and machine work will happen this week. All that is needed now is one or two days for Fes and Bosco slapping it back together. My 240 Vovlo wagon is OK but.......it will be nice have the NSX under me.
The 68 Datson Fairlady 1600 may also be back on the road this week.

Lance

Subscribed to find out what happened to old motor.

The Datsun gas tank goes in today. Fes and Bosco put the NSX motor together today. And I get my friends loaner car repainted bumper back this afternoon.The Grant Nation had to come home on a flatbed. It has a gas delivering.
My be I just need a bus pass.

Now it looks like the Datsun will be fixed tonight. The repair man has returned from the family problem in LA. As for the NSX, it turns out Acura sent us the wrong part. As the FXMD team was putting thing together they had to stop. The good news is that the needed part is in the US and will be here on Fr. I hope to be driving by Sunday and see world peace. It's all good.

The Datsun gas tank goes in today. Fes and Bosco put the NSX motor together today. And I get my friends loaner car repainted bumper back this afternoon.The Grant Nation had to come home on a flatbed. It has a gas delivering.
My be I just need a bus pass.

Lol, I can relate to this!

I am driving the Datsun Fairlady as of yesterday. The NSX motor is put together. All I need are new spark plugs. Acura gave
us the wrong ones, but Bosco and Fes are taking care of that. It looks like, for real, I will be driving the NSX TODAY!!!!!!

I am driving the Datsun Fairlady as of yesterday. The NSX motor is put together. All I need are new spark plugs. Acura gave
us the wrong ones, but Bosco and Fes are taking care of that. It looks like, for real, I will be driving the NSX TODAY!!!!!!

That's good to hear! I just got my Datsun back from the shop with a new clutch yesterday, and hope to get the NSX back early next week. Let's get together for some coffee; bring the 1600!

The NSX is HOME! I will put 200 miles on it tomorrow, then return for an oil change and to have some paint damage fixed.

I took the Datsun out today, and it had to be towed. The fuel problem is still a problem.

I will not make Cars and Coffee this weekend, but maybe the following one. We are having our potluck Christmas party on Saturday 2:00 PM to 10:00PM. We will have candles on the Christmas tree and sing some carols . Please join us.

PS: I may have a bus pass for sale.
Lance

It is so nice to have the NSX back. Fes and Bosco are the best! No one can do a better caring jobs. They will never take a short cut. My track time is going to be faster.

I thank them both, Lance

Very good news Lance. I know you're happy to have your baby back! Absence really will make the heart grow fonder.
Now if Tom gets his back soon who knows, might actually get more than two whole NSX's at a C&C at one time again.

Back