• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

McDork's Silver NSX-R inspired.

I demand a photo shoot of your car and djdrock's car together. You two are 15 miles apart for crying out loud. Same color combo. Do it already!!!

PA050152Large.jpg

Love the car!
please say a bit more here about this setup, or link to this part of your build.
thanks,
--bruce

Car is gorgeous. I do think a bbk would look great behind the wheels. I love the smoked taillights, but then again I do those on the side and make some decent side money doing it :redface:

Can you please get these posted up on the hottest NSX thread. This car has been mentioned a few times for the silver category nomination and I think can win for sure. Very nicely done!
TURBO2GO,
Thank you for the compliment. Sorry, I didn't feel comfortable nominating my own car for your hottest nsx thread. I'm also huge fan of so many cars on this site that I wouldn't possibly have the time to narrow down a list.

Thank you.

Where to buy those carbon injector covers?
It's part of the CTSC kit. Don't think anyone sells them separately. You can call Comptech and ask maybe but it's not in the catalog as a separate item.
TURBO2GO is correct. The covers came with my Comptech supercharger kit.

Is it OK to have a child seat in the front like that? Just curious...
Where else would you put it? In the trunk? LOL...
I'm guessing you'd have to mount it backwards? I do see how the airbag can be an issue there.
I had an airbag company install an airbag shutoff switch in mine. I use the switch when I'm alone and when I carry kids.
In this case, as you can see, his car does not have a passenger airbag, so it is legal to have the carseat there. I have the same Recaro car seat, and have used it in my NSX as needed.
Yawwn is correct. My car is a '91 and doesn't have a passenger side airbag. I believe that my instruction manual for the car actually has instructions for installing the car seat. I went a little above and beyond and bolted down hooks under the rear seat bolts so that I could use the new style car seat tie downs. Additionally I have the seat belt hooked through and tensioned. My kids love to ride in this car.:biggrin:

I demand a photo shoot of your car and djdrock's car together. You two are 15 miles apart for crying out loud. Same color combo. Do it already!!!
Sure, I'm game. I'd be up for any kind of local event.

Love the car!
please say a bit more here about this setup, or link to this part of your build.
thanks,
--bruce
Thanks Bruce. Here is a link for more information on my supercharger setup.
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153449
Here is the overview:
My car is a '91 with a stock 3.0L bottom end and my supporting mods are as follows:
Comptech Air box top and bottom with Uni Filter. The top is custom and raised 2” and Dali air scoop.
SOS BBTB.
Driving Ambition aftercooler.
RM headers, Dali test pipes, Angus APX exhaust. All of which have been JET-HOT coated.
Walbro 255lph fuel pump, RC 550 injectors, and AEM fuel pressure regulator.
AEM full standalone and dual channel UEGO controller.
Snow Performance meth injection.
Autowave ATI damper pulley.
STMPO coolant tank.
RPS single disk clutch.
SOS oil pan baffle.
Koyo radiator.
Toda oil pump gear.

Here are the dyno graphs. The first is with the old Whipple 1600 low boost. The second is the 2.3L with meth and the third is the 2.3L without meth. I still have a few bugs to work out with the meth and am currently not running it.

old Whipple 1600 low boost with old Ark DTS exhaust.
OldDyno.jpg

2.3L with meth.
WithMeth.jpg

2.3L without meth.
nometh.jpg

DSC_2236.jpg

You are making less power with meth?!

Going back to my original post I said I wasn't a big fan of the wheels... but now that you removed the red paint from the OEM brakes (or did you get new calipers?), this completely changes my opinion! Everything looks great. Maybe consider some LED tails..... pm if you ever need a proper shoot. :)

This ^^^

Car looks great!!!

Love it! I esp like the HRE 445R's :smile: i ran gunmetal 19" 445R's on my 98 Supra TT. Dont do anything else to the exterior as it looks perfect!

Looks much better w/o the red calipers. 10/10

Edit: New favorite car on prime, shhh don't tell my car though. :wink:

Last edited:
all the pics looks great, but this is my favorite of the six new pics. the stance is perfect!!!

P1020607.jpg

Thanks for the positive feedback it's very much appreciated. I realize my car isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I'm very happy with it. It was hard to go away from the red calipers as I had painted the calipers red on all of my cars for the last 20 years (damn that's scary). This winter I upgraded to NA2 rear calipers with the Racingbrake oversize rotors. The calipers were painted with G2 paint. I mixed black and silver to get a gunmetal color. It's not as dark as I wanted but I don't feel like re-doing them. I also got titanium lug nuts from Dali which are sweet.

why did you make less power with meth? any idea?

Pics are fantastic. One of my favorite cars on prime!

I WANT YOUR SEBRING SILVER NSX !!!! I DON'T SEE ANYTHING THAT I WOULD CHANGE, THIS IS A WELL EXECUTED MODIFIED/UPGRADED NSX BUILD. I CAN'T STOP LOOKING AT THIS NSX
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

Nicely done ~ as others have said it looks really well put together and no one would ever tell it's a 1991 car! If my math serves me right that's a 21 year old car!!!! :wink: How many miles you got on her?

The supercharger really gives this car the much needed GO to go with the aggressive look. Normally I'm not a fan of smoked tails either but I think your car pulls it off nicely. I may have to try the s2000 wheel conversion one of these days since I have a spare wheel sitting here.

Was it hard to wrap the mirrors in black vinyl? I think I may have to try this on my car....the all black top really gives it an exotic look.

P.S. are you a Hoosiers or Boilermakers fan? :)

kudos
rick

Sounds great!
Thanks It's a little loud with the test pipes, but I don't want to restrict the exhaust.

stunning! Love the S2000 steering wheel with the suede
Thank you very much. I'm pleased with the wheel it looks sort of OEM-ish and I like the idea of having an airbag.

I WANT YOUR SEBRING SILVER NSX !!!! I DON'T SEE ANYTHING THAT I WOULD CHANGE, THIS IS A WELL EXECUTED MODIFIED/UPGRADED NSX BUILD. I CAN'T STOP LOOKING AT THIS NSX
Thanks a lot Mike. Your NSX has the exact same effect on me.:smile:

Nicely done ~ as others have said it looks really well put together and no one would ever tell it's a 1991 car! If my math serves me right that's a 21 year old car!!!! How many miles you got on her?

The supercharger really gives this car the much needed GO to go with the aggressive look. Normally I'm not a fan of smoked tails either but I think your car pulls it off nicely. I may have to try the s2000 wheel conversion one of these days since I have a spare wheel sitting here.

Was it hard to wrap the mirrors in black vinyl? I think I may have to try this on my car....the all black top really gives it an exotic look.

P.S. are you a Hoosiers or Boilermakers fan?

Rick, thank you for the kind words. She is a little old but I've replaced pretty much every serviceable part and it's up to a whopping 56,000 miles now. As per the mirrors they turned out better than I thought they would. The place that did the vinyl is located on Gasoline Alley and they do a great deal of work on Indy cars. It actually has the black vinyl and a clear over it which gives it a little depth.

Go Boilermakers!

Here are two high resolution pictures I thought I would try. I hope there not too big.

1020637.jpg

1020607.jpg

so awesome.

agreed with outers re the car looking better now that the red calipers are gone.

lets get more vids of the beast in action!

Back