• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

McDork's Silver NSX-R inspired.

Hahaha McDork^^

Chris, Both times I have seen our car I think it gets even more beautiful. You built yourself one HELL of a nice vehicle. The fact you were very detail oriented and did all of the work yourself over the past few years is incredible. Guys those of you who have not seen this car in person have no idea. It is incredible.

When are you starting on your dads? He was awfully interested in turbos!!!!

Brian, you're awesome. I really appreciate your positive feedback.
PS. I don't think the old man can handle a turbo. It would be a shame to see him in diapers prematurely.:smile:

Love the s2k wheel. Great idea. Who wrapped it? I looked into getting mine done on my s2000 and the ones I found were done in 3-4 pieces which I didn't care for. That's what I wanted like yours

Thanks, the wheel was done by Dallas Customer Steering Wheel.
http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com/

Don, will do it in however many pieces you want. I requested mine to be done in three with the seams toward the bottom.

P3090225Large.jpg

Oh man! Shaved is the way to go. I dont remember seeing this car at NSXPO 2011.

I parked next to you after the fun run, but never actually got meet you. I'm sure I'll be back to the NE for some other event at some point in time.

BTW, your car is a very very cool car.

I hate the smoke tail lights but all the other hotness makes up for it, niceeeeeeee

You guys are tough on the smoked tails. I don't think they are any darker than the JDM tails. I certainly didn't want to hinder people seeing my brake lights. They seem to look darker in a lot of the pictures. I'm so used to them I forgot I even had them done.:smile:

P1250164.jpg

WOW... great job... so you have a functional airbag and cruise? Is the cruise the factory buttons? Is the AP wheel smaller than the NSX wheel? it looks smaller. Alacantara looks great.

Also, Is that an intercooler?

I love the dark tails... please tell us more about the car.

Chris, Both times I have seen our car I think it gets even more beautiful. You built yourself one HELL of a nice vehicle. The fact you were very detail oriented and did all of the work yourself over the past few years is incredible. Guys those of you who have not seen this car in person have no idea. It is incredible...

Agreed. You have to see this car in person to realize how amazing it is. Every time I see it I just shake my head and say, 'wow'. :cool:

just had to revisit this thread to look at the pictures of this car. i pretty much say 'wow' @ the photos alone every time.

amazing.

Agreed. You have to see this car in person to realize how amazing it is. Every time I see it I just shake my head and say, 'wow'. :cool:

Love the car, personally I don't even think the brakes look too small - I love the wheels too.

Oh ya - the exhaust is ok too:wink:

Please tell me about that steering wheel.

Please tell me about that steering wheel.

It's an S2K AP1 wheel that I bought on ebay. I then sent it to Dallas Customer Steering Wheel to have it made thicker and re-wrapped in Alcantara.

As for functioning cruise and airbag, they are untested. However, I feel confident that the airbag "should" work. Although, the joke about the difference between theory and reality is playing in the back of my mind. I really wanted something that looked a little more updated as well as OEM. The only other option for me would have been a Momo tuner, but I wanted an airbag and will take my chances with the S2K wheel.

This is the thread I used for the install:
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137326

The only advise I would consider myself qualified to give is DISCONNECT YOUR BATTERY if you're fooling around with the airbag. My self proclaimed qualification is from watching the following video.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0nqM74Ytmvw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0nqM74Ytmvw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

This was one of my favorites from NSXPO 11! Very nice, Although Id have to somewhat agree with Synth, as I think smoked tails make a car look cheap and with such "open" wheels, a BBK kit is in order. Some VOLK's would really set that thing off but overall, I'm loving it.

I miss not having an NSX I can modify! :mad:

Chris....is that your silver 300ZX (looking rather mint) in the background of that photo of the rear of the NSX?

Car looks great, just needs a BBK now. Love the taillights on that silver, it is spot on the JDM color. And of course the steering wheel swap ;)

Last edited:
Can you please get these posted up on the hottest NSX thread. This car has been mentined a few times for the silver category nomination and I think can win for sure. Very nicely done!

Last edited:
Where to buy those carbon injector covers?

It's part of the CTSC kit. Don't think anyone sells them seperately. You can call Comptech and ask maybe but it's not in the catalog as a seperate item.

Is it OK to have a child seat in the front like that? Just curious...

Where else would you put it? In the trunk? LOL...

I'm guessing you'd have to mount it backwards? I do see how the airbag can be an issue there.

In this case, as you can see, his car does not have a passenger airbag, so it is legal to have the carseat there. I have the same Recaro car seat, and have used it in my NSX as needed.

Back