• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Memories....

It was 5 years ago today.....

I remember the first time I saw an NSX, I was 15, on the school bus heading to school. We passed by this Acura dealership daily, never paid much attention to it before, but on one particular day I saw a red nsx on the showroom floor. Damn....From that point on I was intrigued, I had to know more. After doing some research (if reading car magazines can be considered research:), I discovered that not only is it amazing to look at, be apparently its not a bad driver either. From that point on I decided that one day I would have one.

Fast forward 11 years, its a warm summer day in Greeley, Colorado and I'm up at the crack of dawn, eagerly awaiting one of the most anticipated days of my life. I was until 1 am doing inventory at work, but I didn't sleep that night anyway. I was absolutely full of anticipation.

I landed in Tampa early in the evening, JT (the previous owner) picked me up at the airport and off we went to see my dream. The next day, after another sleepless night, I was off on my NSX honeymoon. 8 days, 2600 miles, and countless grins later my exotic was home. Obviously a trip that will never be forgotten.

5 years later, she's as precious now as the day I took delivery, and we've now gotten to know each other much better:) We've taken some great trips together, shared some great memories, make a lot of great friends, and still enjoy each other's company as if we just met. I don't drive her as much as I used to, just knowing I have her is often enough to keep me smiling. I've likely logged more seat time sitting in the garage than on the road.

Looking forward to the next 5 being as great as the first 5.

Loosely documented unorganized stats:
mileage at purchase: 17,804
mileage currently: 34,878
Best observed mileage: 31.6 mpg
Worst observed mileage: 16.7 mpg
Highest speed achieved: 170 indicated (and documented;)
Total # of tickets issued in the NSX: 0 (I can't believe it either)
Total # of tickets received in Miatas and CBR's past 5 years: 7
Most expensive mod: CTSC
Most unregrettable (sp?) mod: CTSC
Baseline Dyno: 235 rwhp
Current state: 326 rwhp
Total # of equipment failures: 1 (climate control unit)

Will

Happy Anniversary!!! 5 years is a lot longer than probably most people keep an NSX. It seems like people jump into one for 2 or 3 years and then sell it.

Sounds like you got your dream car a lot sooner than I did. Glad your enjoying it.

Congrats! It almost makes me want to buy another one just so I can have another cool story. :D

Back