• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mid-East coast meet

Any word or planning going on for another mid year meet in NC, VA?

I know there were a handful who got together last year that I was stuck in Ohio for a wedding for and then I missed NSXPO in Ohio because I was stuck in NC....

-Alec

Saw the post on the FB group .. I'm interested. Already plan on taking the NSX and FG2 to Honda Day at ZMAX raceway this June 13th and 14th.
Thinking it'd be pretty cool to roll into Honda Day with a fleet of NSX's.

-Tyler

When and where!?!?! I know a few of SC owners who would probably be interested in attending.

Last edited:
I put something up on facebook and there seems to be a pretty decent little buzz. Not sure if Ole needs involved or John. Wasn't too sure how heavily they were involved last year, but I know John went last year.

I think there would be a lot more East coast owners who would want to attend something close because they won't be able to make it to Cali for NSXPO.

-Alec

Last edited:
John was a big help as always. We just need to figure out where people want to meet. I picked raleigh because it's a great town with a decent car scene and it's in the middle of the east coast. Well, if more people are interested and are ok with raleigh as the location, I'll set something up.

What time frame are we thinking here?

I've considered attending Honda day before but from what I've seen in pictures, it doesn't look like we'd fit in...

I am so down for this

Yeah, I just kinda picked a spring weekend. I was thinking May time frame. It sounds like people want this to happen. Let me know what kind of things you guys would like to do. I think there is still a decent cars and coffee meet at Briar Creek that we could crash on Saturday. The BBQ place we hit up was pretty good. I am also working on getting a photoshoot planned. We could do karting or paintball or cruising. There is/was a decent night scene but mainly a younger crowd. I took some guys out at the nsxpo in raleigh to the local night scene and we were well received by a crowd of about 150 people one night. That was so much fun.

All of that sounds fantastic! If it worked in the past and people enjoyed it, I'm sure we will again. I still have all the maps and routes from the official NSXPO2013 for some good cruising.

I know NSXPO after dark that first night was one I will NEVER forget! The packed parking garage where we were treated like royalty, cruising convoy style through downtown Raleigh passing all the bars and night clubs, and the EPIC airport photo ops.

If even a fraction of the excitement from any of than can be had again I am in. A bunch of NSX's in a group is a sure sign of a good time!

-Alec

Hey guys,

I agree with everything so far. Jay, John and I put a TONE of time in the planning last year and the turn out was just OK so for us if was disappointing event. If we are going to officially plan a meet this year with schedule of events through out the day / weekend we are going to need more participation. If the numbers are going to be low, then a simple one day get together might work best. The more input from all of you the better.

The first step will be a date. Last year we had this in May which was perfect weather wise and was before everyone gets into "SUMMER MODE" The issues with May this year is we have Carolina Rebellion May 2 & 3, May 9 & 10 in Mothers day weekend and May 23, 24, 25 is Memorial long weekend. That leave only 2 weekend; May 16 &17 and the last weekend of May 30/June 1.

i really enjoyed this last year,and would love to do it again this year.most anytime in may is good for me at this point.thanks for getting the ball rolling guys.
i had a mechanical restoration done at daisy auto and also got some new wheels,springs and shocks ,so i'd love to see what folks think of them. then i got through some difficult but successful surgery which i am now recuperating from, so a spring event like this would be great to look forward to after a very difficult winter.

Last edited:
thanks.i found out in november i had a brain tumor.it was discovered in an mri after i had some loss of sight,which turned out to be unrelated,and which remains.that of course sucks,but if it hadn't happened,they wouldn't have found the tumor,which had not caused any damage yet. it was removed in january here at unc and was not malignant,so it was a big scare and now a big relief.

Damn! At least you found out before something got worse or if it was malignant had a chance to metastasize. Congrats on your recovery! Can't wait to see your car. Mine also went through a little transformation so I can't wait to show her off as a 2.0 just in time for her 25th birthday!

-Alec

damn thats crazy, glad you're alright. and yea lets not have this on rebellion weekend

typoHello all, this appears to be garnering a good bit of interest. I agree that Raleigh is still a convenient gathering point. We probably can still get room discounts at the Hilton Garden Inn/Cary where we stayed for NSXPO 2013. We are looking into a couple of opportunities for the weekend agenda. One for sure would be a attending the early morning Cars n Coffee at the Raleigh Grande movie theater. This CnC started last February and has grown into quite a tremendous gathering attracting 250 -350 cars on the 3rd Saturday of every month. Also on Saturday afternoon is a Cruise-In at Grille 57 in Garner. This also attracts a large gathering every month. I'm sure there are also evening cruises in the Raleigh area as well that we might attend. Last year we had lunch at Ruckus Pizza, owned by Robert R, an NSX owner in the Raleigh area. He has also acquired another restaurant in the area that we might look into. Lots of possibilities for interesting car related activities.

Incidently, I am now the official NSXPO Advisor for NSXCA. I will contact Ole Sorensen (Southeast NSXCA Regional) concerning NSXCA support for this event.

Last edited:
thanks for the kind words, now let's get together in the spring and have some car fun!

Wow that's crazy! Glad to hear you're recovering. Can't wait to meet you guys ina few months! May 30th will be the first anniversary of me owning my NSX so I vote for that weekend!

Back