• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Miguel Duhamel and his Zanardi NSX

Check this out! I just received the August 2003 issue of American Motorcyclist and lo an behold, who is on page 22 spread? A red Zanardi NSX with the AMA Superbike King, Miguel Duhamel!!! Yeah baby... Honda's in the family for the Superbike racer! For you guys that don't know him, he races for Team Honda on a RC-51 Supersport Bike and also on the 600RR!!

The article reads that "...the garage has toys of a most expensive variety. Beside an old Honda CRX, there's a Honda motocrosser bearing Duhamel's No.17 plate and two Acuras- one MDX and one pricey, mid-engined NSX..."

I don't have a scanner, but I did take a digital pic of the article.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• duhamel_zanardi2.jpg
    duhamel_zanardi2.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,100
Last edited:
Zanardi take 2

here's the other pic..

Attachments

• duhamel_zanardi.jpg
    duhamel_zanardi.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,092
I see him all the time, he lives right down the street from me, very nice Zanardi that Honda gave him!

BostonNSX said:
Biaggi

you should change or clean up ur keyboard and mouse!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :eek: :mad: :(

LoL!!

Biaggi,

BTW, did they say what the production number of his Zanardi was?

Zanardi #

Yeah, I keep telling my wife not to be eating while on the pc, but the woman doesn't listen- DOAH! As for the article, there's no mention of the #.

time to get the 409 out........
Where's that Molly Maid when you need 'em?!

heh heh

BostonNSX said:
you should change or clean up ur keyboard and mouse!!
Nah, I don't see a problem. It just looks like a little grease and a few drops of motor oil to me (probably pulling up the online service manual while in the middle of modding the NSX). ;)

Ain't a damn thing wrong with that. But maybe one of these would come in handy. :)

are you serious..?
does that gonna reduce the market value cuz people might think its a Fake Zanardi
:D

Nimbus said:
His Zanardi NSX is not numbered believe it or not. Honda did not count his as one of the 49 sold to the general public.

BostonNSX said:
are you serious..?
does that gonna reduce the market value cuz people might think its a Fake Zanardi
:D

I don't think Miguel is planning to sell his NSX any time soon thus worrying about resell value.

Hey, my Zanardi is a '98.

Honda gives NSXs to most of the racers that I know. Aaron Slight got a yellow one, Foggy got red, Cloin Edwards got white, and Paul Tracy traded his yellow one for a 996T.

Explaination

I was told that my '98 "Zanardi" is the prototype. It was purchased new. There are some minor differences between mine and the production version, mine had a black roof. Other differences I've discovered are mine has power steering, two pieces of glass in the firewall, and the center caps in the BBS wheels are different, they say "ACURA" in white lettering instead of the normal black logo.

Paul Tracy traded his SC NSX to some guy (with cash) for the Porsche which is silver, then he put a TechArt bodykit on it and had the steering wheel retrimmed with some silver leather pieces.

http://www.techart.de/

What is the VIN of your "98" Zanardi and is yours Zanardi numbered? Also, how did you obtain a prototype? The 99 Zanardi production models have XT000xxx VIN.

92NSX said:

Haha, I was about to say the samething!!!
no.gif

No numbered plate in my car, the VIN is WT000070.

After my '94 was stolen in spring '00, I was undecided as to whether I should buy a new NSX, used NSX, or wait for the update. The local dealer had 10-12 used and leftover NSXs parked in the area between the showroom and the service department, and in the corner was the "Zanardi".

Back in '98/'99, my friend worked at at Rick Case Acura when I lived in FL, he had a saleman call me when he heard about a new limited production NSX, and they asking over $100K for the "Special Edition NSX", if they could get me one.

Biaggi?? You know Rossi is "the man" for the past few motogp seasons. Well, we'll see how biaggi does since he moved up to the RC211V. ;)

Re: Explaination

MAJOR STONER said:
I was told that my '98 "Zanardi" is the prototype. It was purchased new. There are some minor differences between mine and the production version, mine had a black roof. Other differences I've discovered are mine has power steering, two pieces of glass in the firewall, and the center caps in the BBS wheels are different, they say "ACURA" in white lettering instead of the normal black logo.
http://www.techart.de/

Yours sound like a '98 coupe. Besides your BBS wheels and fixed roof, do you have the lower and stiffer suspension? Ti shift knob? Ti color center console, Alcantara seat inserts, red stitching on the seats/steering wheel/door linings?

A Zanardi specifically is described here: http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/modelinfo/zanardi.htm

Re: Re: Explaination

Nimbus said:
Yours sound like a '98 coupe... do you have...
Only a few minutes ago, I was searching for something completely different and by coincidence came across this, where this NSX is described in more detail.

Anyone know where I can get the Magazine I was at four different places tonight still no luck.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Nobody believes me:-(

The car has all the tweaks, including interior changes and the TypeS suspension. One change that nobody else has mentioned is the small door handle badges are different on the Zanardi, they are grey, to match the wheels.

Attachments

• doorbadge.jpg
    doorbadge.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 567
Tony,

Yeah, Rossi is smoothe and lightening quick. I like him alot but Biaggi still is a contender as long as he doesn't wreck out of the front runners.....

Back