• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Military NSX owners

I was wondering who all the military NSX owners were here. I am at Offutt AFB in the Air Force,

Anyway I was curious as to how the NSX is working for ya? Did you buy it out right(or Finance it)? did you buy from a dealer or Private owner? Also like to know any concerns about purchasing one. I am deployed and when I get back I will start my search for the right NSX for me. Thanks guys...and thanks for your service.

You will find a good number of military owners across this forum, although being as busy as we are I don't know how many stay active here.

I bought mine after 15 months in Iraq and had it promptly shipped from the US to Germany, where I am stationed in Baumholder. I found a good private seller in NJ, had family purchase through POA, and ship it. I saw the car for the first time when it arrived in Germany. I have been very happy with it so far! Good luck upon redeployment.

You will find a good number of military owners across this forum, although being as busy as we are I don't know how many stay active here.

I bought mine after 15 months in Iraq and had it promptly shipped from the US to Germany, where I am stationed in Baumholder. I found a good private seller in NJ, had family purchase through POA, and ship it. I saw the car for the first time when it arrived in Germany. I have been very happy with it so far! Good luck upon redeployment.

thats cool, if you don't mind me asking what rank are you?

I was wondering who all the military NSX owners were here. I am at Offutt AFB in the Air Force,

Anyway I was curious as to how the NSX is working for ya? Did you buy it out right(or Finance it)? did you buy from a dealer or Private owner? Also like to know any concerns about purchasing one. I am deployed and when I get back I will start my search for the right NSX for me. Thanks guys...and thanks for your service.
There is another thread about Military and/or Aviator.
I'm Navy, 11 years active + 17 years Reserves.

Last edited:
I'll be at Laughlin AFB near the end of May as a brand new pilot trainee. I bought an NSX while I was still a cadet in college and it worked out pretty well for me.
I plan on getting the next one sometime near the end of next year.

Which years are you looking for? There's some known common issues with the early cars, 91s and 92s, with the snap ring failure affecting some of their transmissions, defective window regulators, spotty ABS unit, and some AC problems I believe mainly surrounding the compressor.
Honestly, it's a pretty stout car though.
Look for one with full maintenance records because the parts are not cheap and you don't want to find out prematurely or the hard way. Things such as recent timing belt/water pump or clutch service are a major plus.

I am looking for a coupe so looking for a 91 - 94 I was about to buy a 92 white NSX but got last minute notice that I was deploying.

Tomcat I did a search for military and NSX, but I didn't see the thread. Could you post a link?

(EDIT) Nevermind I just found it. thanks

Last edited:
I bought mine while still in the Navy, worked out fine - same as any other car to get to work :biggrin:

Financed it, bought from a dealer. As far as concerns for purchasing one, look around Prime or at the Wiki, just about every question has been asked and answered about buying an NSX.

-Dave
'04 Rio Yellow / Onyx

ex-military
4463070866_67d0171e91.jpg

Last edited:
Army, and I picked up my '91 after my last deployment (currently on yet another one). I had looked for exactly what I wanted for two years (here and elsewhere), and ended up finding exactly what I wanted three months into the deployment (out of six). I contacted the owner (a member here), and asked if I could put down a deposit on it because I was sure it would sell before I got back. Thankfully the economy was on my side, and it was still available when I got home. I flew down to Austin (which, coincidentally, is where I am from), test drove it, bought it, and drove it back to Tennessee. Great experience, and the car has been absolutely perfect. It also had an extremely detailed history here as well.

Thankfully, the NSX is done for now so most of my piggybank money is being saved for a ring.

Last edited:
Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany. USAF. Will look for an NSX as soon as I go from enlisted to officer.

In the Air National Guard (full time). My current NSX (the '02) is financed and insured through USAA.

Active duy Navy here, 8 years in and an NSX owner for 3 years. Did several deployments while looking for the right NSX. Took over a year to find the right one and pulled the trigger. Best car I have ever owned!

17 years Navy here. Stationed in San Diego since 2001. Perfect weather spot to go topless so my search was for '95 and newer. Navy federal gave me 44k loan preapproved at 5.25%. I ended up finding a dealer selling a '95 for 25k so I pulled the trigger. The carfax showed single owner and serviced at Acura dealers. No true maintenance history before purchase so I took a risk. Turns out everythig was done within the last 20k so got lucky. Dealer the orginal owner used faxed me a complete history once I showed proof of ownership.

17 years Navy here. Stationed in San Diego since 2001. Perfect weather spot to go topless so my search was for '95 and newer. Navy federal gave me 44k loan preapproved at 5.25%. I ended up finding a dealer selling a '95 for 25k so I pulled the trigger. The carfax showed single owner and serviced at Acura dealers. No true maintenance history before purchase so I took a risk. Turns out everythig was done within the last 20k so got lucky. Dealer the orginal owner used faxed me a complete history once I showed proof of ownership.

Almost at that 20 year mark huh, I have been in for 7 1/2 years. Wow has it already been that long. Man time flies. I am thinking about going through USAA to Finance.

I'm in the Navy and been in for 12 years. I bought my first NSX when I was 4 years in. Bought the second one not too long ago. I used Navy Fed credit union but I think USAA is better.

I'm in the Navy and been in for 12 years. I bought my first NSX when I was 4 years in. Bought the second one not too long ago. I used Navy Fed credit union but I think USAA is better.

two NSX's when I get one it will be my 1st, are you enlisted, Warrant, or Officer?

Im stationed at Fairchild AFB, WA. Aquired my silver widebody beauty the first of the year after a deployment. Financed most of the sum. Found it in Houston, so the first time i saw mine was after the long trek down there, just prayin that i wasnt getting scammed and it could make the awesome road trip back home. It has been running strong and turning heads everywhere i go. At least 5 pictures taken a day when im out driving. It sure is funny to see people reactions to it on base, especially with an E4 flyer behind the wheel, hahaha.

GL with yours!

SrA Wilson
NKAWTG!

enjoy driving your car in spokane. U only have maybe 7 months to enjoy it. LOL I went to gonzaga and the weather there is horrible. Maybe you will PCS somewhere warm. Congrats on the purchase and glad things worked out for ya... IYAAYAS!!!

enjoy driving your car in spokane. U only have maybe 7 months to enjoy it. LOL I went to gonzaga and the weather there is horrible. Maybe you will PCS somewhere warm. Congrats on the purchase and glad things worked out for ya... IYAAYAS!!!

Lol, you know it! I cant wait til i get out in 15 months, to go to school back home in CA... Til then, she has to hide in the garage a bit.. :p

Bought mine almost exactly a year ago in the last month of a deployment, via Ebay bidding. A little more than I wanted to pay when I started my search, but couldn't pass it up -- '02, 14k miles, spotless (I flew my mom down from MD to Arkansas to check it out), and the indy dealer was also the first owner.

Financed through USAA.

After deployment, picked it up in Arkansas, drove it back to MD, and shipped it to Germany. Now shipping it to HI.

I am now retired Air Force. After 13 years in the Air Force, in 1998 we bought my dream car, a red/black 1991 from the original owner. We owned that until 2005 when we found Zanardi #26 and bought that off the original owner.

Bob

Back