• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

More Camber on Right Side?

Just had my car looked at by the local alignment shop and it seens that I have about .5 degree more camber on the right side of my car..... I have Eibach springs and factory shocks.... Has anyone run into this before? Any ideas? It looks like this:

LF: -.07
LR: -2.98

RF: -.60
RR: -3.63

[This message has been edited by 4g62bt2c30a (edited 04 January 2002).]

Just have it re-aligned.
Camber might be bumped out of spec due to many things. Besides, after installing lowering springs you should re-align the car anyways.

Your rear camber is also extremely negative for a street car. With teh Eibachs, you should be able to align to 93 alignment specs.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://www.NSXClassifieds.com - free NSX classifieds site!

Thanks guys...... I was told that there was nothing I can do... Is this true? I have had the car done 3 times with no change? Maybe I need to find a new guy? Would this cause the car to pull to the left? Right now as I go down the freeway the car drives straight but the wheel is slioghtly turned to the right... If I strainten the wheel the car pulls left..... Is this why?

Have them make sure the caster is equal on both sides.
Then have them adjust the Tie Rods so that the wheel is centered.
Its a VERY simple thing to do your mechanic shoud be able to do it for sure if he's any good.

Also, sometimes inbalances in worn tires can make the car pull left or right.
try swapping tires left to right (front only) and see if the pull goes the other direction.

As far as the camber goes it shouldn't make your car pull in any direction. (not too much) It WILL however make your car feel VERY instable coming into corners, and it will corner differently from side to side.
and as Chris said 3.0 degree's of negative camber is pretty extreme for a street car.
I run 2.9-3.0 degree's but my car is mostly a track car now. Very little street driving.

I'd take it to another shop to see if their machine makes different numbers. It's amazing the variance between alignment machines.

DanO

OK, I'm lost. It looks to me like the L/R variance is a heck of a lot more than .5 degrees on both front and rear.

In any case, anyone who says there is nothing you can do is either not fully explaining what he means, or should not be trusted to work on your car. The front is a bit tricky to adjust for a novice because each setting impacts the others so it takes a bit of a circular approach, especially when they are so far off to start.

The rear is dead-stupid-simple and any moron can adjust it in seconds (within the limits of the eccentric of course). It's possible that you have suspension component or frame issues that will prevent correct adjustment, but that can, and should, be determined.

Back