• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Most EXPENSIVE NSX project

I"m looking to purchase my first NSX soon and wanted to know who has the most expensively modified NSX. I'm looking to modify whatever I purchase so BLING to SPEED cars are welcome. Please list what you have done and a basic price range of mods and include pics of your car if possible. My goal is to blend both function, speed and aesthetics to my future car and I'm looking to see some individual PASSION guys have for the NSX platform.

On a side note, what is the largest NSX club and is there any club wilder than Top End NSX? What is the price those guys have into THOSE cars?:eek:

Last edited:
Either RYAN IV or Vancehu:biggrin:

robr said:
Please, don't purchase an NSX. Drive something else if you want to do the Fast 'n' Furious thing.

not going to do FnF but i enjoy making what i have better and faster. if you enjoy "stock" so be it.....

The topic pretty much said it all. The NSX is expensive to mod, if you know you're going to do loads of mods you should maybe think about an other car that's less expensive to 'personalise'.

Klayton said:
The topic pretty much said it all. The NSX is expensive to mod, if you know you're going to do loads of mods you should maybe think about an other car that's less expensive to 'personalise'.

price is not going to be an issue once i get started. my question is more of what level have others taken their cars to.

AdnanVCS said:
What kinda style do you want? JGTC?

not really into a specific "style" but i'm curious what others have done to make the NSX more trackable and or show able. any pictures with comments would be appreciated.

BTW.....I'm a DRIVER and everything I have ever owned has been driven hard and/or tracked from motorcycles (RC51 and GS1100) to the Dodge I'm playing with now.

NSX-UrbanRyder said:
not going to do FnF but i enjoy making what i have better and faster. if you enjoy "stock" so be it.....

I have no problem with faster, it's the BLING you mention that I have a problem with. When people start blinging out their cars, the police start to form an opinion that drivers of these vehicles are "FnF" or "gangsta" types and form an immediate opinion when they see an "FnF vehicle". It causes me to get more tickets instead of catching a break because I get lumped in as having and "FnF mentality".

robr said:
I have no problem with faster, it's the BLING you mention that I have a problem with. When people start blinging out their cars, the police start to form an opinion that drivers of these vehicles are "FnF" or "gangsta" types and form an immediate opinion when they see an "FnF vehicle". It causes me to get more tickets instead of catching a break because I get lumped in as having and "FnF mentality".
I would go for Preformance not for show (that's my opnion)

robr said:

when i refer to "bling" i'm talking about enhanced aerodynamics, suspension, wheel/tire combos, etc. i'm a bit old to be grouped with the kiddys. lol

you guys all sound so OLD...if he wants to buy an NSX and make it his...why not? just cause its not sound money wise? maybe he has more than you and isnt worring about that?
because you dont like how a "modded" nsx would look? maybe he doesnt like your house...should he be telling you that you shouldnt have bought it?
this crap is why the nsx, after being around for 15 frickin years has had almost ZERO aftermarket development, and why EVERYTHING for the car cost so much.....

URBAN dont worry about thir opinions..
some of the most laid out cars i know about are the 2 mentioned, if you want to go the "factory route" and make it look like a JDM car,

and

SNDSOUL has done alot, full carbon fiber wide body, twin turbo(no engine rebuild) wheels, brakes, coil overs, etc,etc....

there is a silver car on the cover of turbo mag. this month which has almost the same stuff...

just to give you ideas

You were kinda asking pricing...and while i dont feel comfortable listing for others...this is kinda where mine sits..

car $xxxxx
WideBody $8000
Headligt conversion $3800
Paint job/wb instl $12000
Brakes $3000
Wheels/tires $5000
Engine rebuild $16000
Turbo $10000
AV system $5000
Interior stuff $3000
Other crap......... $xxxx

so....about 65K in "mods" plus the car, plus the crap i have forgotten...

mine is still in the works...should be done in 60-90 days....waiting on the bodyshop...

make sure you post all kinds of pics when you start your project :)

I am fairly certain that this project has GOT to be up there amongst "the most expensive".

From what I have seen, it all depends on how far you want to go, and what your goals are. Personally, I like the "tuner" look. Stripped down to essentials, and go fast parts- I like to drive (not track) but My Dad goes for "Bling" (lots of chrome bits, and shiney stuff) He like to drive too, but he also enjoys showing the car- so his mods appeal to his hobby.

I would recommend getting one, driving it for a while, then figuring out what "the complete package" would be by your own perception.

In any case, I hope you get one because they are great cars, and it is fun to watch people document their projects.

I will be getting one of my own in the next few years, and when I do I hope there aren't a lot of people telling me what I should, or shouldn't do with it.

Good luck in your endevors man, I noimate "NO TKTS" as having one of the nicest widebody, completly re-done cars on this forum...

gtseries_750.jpg

check out scienceofspeed.com to start getting some real world pricing on parts toegeter.

I'd have to agree w/ 01blacks. While I have my own opinions which I will not voice, the man was inquisitive enough to get on this site and ask for some opinions. He didn't come on here to get bashed by people who have different tastes. If anything else, the man can draw some attention to his car, and get the attention of the younger generation, who when they get older, will want an NSX. Isn't that how many of you got the bug? These are also the kids that will hold up our resale value when they come to purchasing age. Anyways, off my soap-box now.

Back to the original question, I think you can spend a good $70K on a wide-body, turbo/supercharger, new paint job, rims/tires, suspension, type-r conversion (the recaro seats cost $9K per pair...), audio/video system, etc etc.

If you decide to go down this path, post pics!

01blacks4 said:
you guys all sound so OLD...if he wants to buy an NSX and make it his...why not? just cause its not sound money wise? maybe he has more than you and isnt worring about that?
because you dont like how a "modded" nsx would look? maybe he doesnt like your house...should he be telling you that you shouldnt have bought it?
this crap is why the nsx, after being around for 15 frickin years has had almost ZERO aftermarket development, and why EVERYTHING for the car cost so much.....

BWUAHAHAHAHAH!

+1

NSX-UrbanRyder said:
I"m looking to purchase my first NSX soon and wanted to know who has the most expensively modified NSX. I'm looking to modify whatever I purchase so BLING to SPEED cars are welcome. Please list what you have done and a basic price range of mods and include pics of your car if possible. My goal is to blend both function, speed and aesthetics to my future car and I'm looking to see some individual PASSION guys have for the NSX platform.

On a side note, what is the largest NSX club and is there any club wilder than Top End NSX? What is the price those guys have into THOSE cars?:eek:

Price of '91 NSX: $30k
Cost of Supra Turbocharged powerplant:$20k
Full Supra body kit with extra Bling: $10k
Total cost of transforming an NSX into monster FnF Supra: $60k

Value to NSXPrime of you buying a Supra for this project, and going on your merry way: $Priceless :rolleyes:

da3dalus said:
Good luck in your endevors man, I noimate "NO TKTS" as having one of the nicest widebody, completly re-done cars on this forum...

gtseries_750.jpg

I saw that car when Ron was still running the stock wheels, and his only mod was the Tubi exhaust...

When the Mod bug bites...

Damn that thing is bad ass!

Funny this thread popped up. I had some friends over the other day and someone was commenting how much different my NSX looks now from when I got it. All my friends were waiting at my house 3 years ago, anxious to see the car a dreamed about finally a reality.

We decided to get out the beers and total up the receipts. It was kinda sad.

$28,200 in aftermarket mods, $9,800 in service, and $32,400 for the car.:eek: You can do the math yourself. And if I had to do it again, I wouldn't think twice, id do it in a new york minute. Best money ive ever spent.

whatisreal7 said:
I'd have to agree w/ 01blacks. While I have my own opinions which I will not voice, the man was inquisitive enough to get on this site and ask for some opinions. He didn't come on here to get bashed by people who have different tastes. If anything else, the man can draw some attention to his car, and get the attention of the younger generation, who when they get older, will want an NSX. Isn't that how many of you got the bug? These are also the kids that will hold up our resale value when they come to purchasing age. Anyways, off my soap-box now.

Back to the original question, I think you can spend a good $70K on a wide-body, turbo/supercharger, new paint job, rims/tires, suspension, type-r conversion (the recaro seats cost $9K per pair...), audio/video system, etc etc.

If you decide to go down this path, post pics!

It's not about tastes for me, he can do whatever he likes. It's about ruining the reputation of the NSX. This car is starting to become inexpensive enough for the younger generation to buy NOW, not when they are older (and wiser). They see the car in their Playstation games and FnF XVII with canards and giant wings and ridiculous body kits and chrome rims. This is going to destroy the value of our cars and any reputation the NSX has as being an exotic that's typically owned by respectable people. The same thing happened with my 300ZXTT when 17 year olds could start affording them and riced them out.

Hey, I completely understand the mentality, my first cars were an '85 Laser XE Turbo and later a new 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z which I "blinged" (in the sense of 80s type bling, though that word didn't exist then).

Sorry for sounding elitist, I'm just trying to protect that which I already have.... when I'm stopped by the cops (I drive fast all the time so it happens), I'm typically given a break and I'm pretty certain the NSX reputation helps (I sure didn't get breaks in the latter years of owning my 300ZXTT). If you want to roll with giant wings and 22" chrome spinners, get an Escalade.

On the other hand, "NO TKTS" car is this thread is a friggin work of art. There's no "bling" to be seen there. It's tasteful, elegant and professionally done.

However, I suspect this is all moot and that the OP will never buy an NSX. This "money doesn't matter" makes me think of the "guy" who wanted to drop the Z06 engine into the NSX last month. If you are someone with THAT much money, typically money DOES matter to you because in order to have that much money, you've learned to manage it.

Ski_Banker said:
Price of '91 NSX: $30k
Cost of Supra Turbocharged powerplant:$20k
Full Supra body kit with extra Bling: $10k
Total cost of transforming an NSX into monster FnF Supra: $60k

Value to NSXPrime of you buying a Supra for this project, and going on your merry way: $Priceless :rolleyes:

value of your sarcasm to nsx commnity-$0.

value of the help you've given to someone with money to spend and different taste than you- $0.

black01s4 was right.

You also have to remember that pretty much anything you do has been done already with the NSX or S2000 or Prelude or whatever. Thats just reality.

The NSX in stock form is a more than capable car for 90% of the owners. Same can be said for the S2000. Another reality.

I would probably do some very light modifications to the NSX while keeping it clean.

Have you seen Planet Acura's 2002 Silver NA2? Matt Piercy owns it and its simple, clean, and fast. Thats all you need IMO.

NSX-UrbanRyder said:

I'm still considering the full JGTC treatment along with a fully built NA motor. I was originally considering a replica JGTC paint scheme but now I'm convinced I want a custom Iron Maiden look complete with a huge Eddie on the hood taken from one of the album covers. Something along the lines of the photo below but instead of a fist plowing through Eddie's head, there will be an NSX! How cool would that be? :biggrin:

madness.jpg

robr said:
It's not about tastes for me, he can do whatever he likes. It's about ruining the reputation of the NSX. This car is starting to become inexpensive enough for the younger generation to buy NOW, not when they are older (and wiser). They see the car in their Playstation games and FnF XVII with canards and giant wings and ridiculous body kits and chrome rims. This is going to destroy the value of our cars and any reputation the NSX has as being an exotic that's typically owned by respectable people. The same thing happened with my 300ZXTT when 17 year olds could start affording them and riced them out.

Hey, I completely understand the mentality, my first cars were an '85 Laser XE Turbo and later a new 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z which I "blinged" (in the sense of 80s type bling, though that word didn't exist then).

Sorry for sounding elitist, I'm just trying to protect that which I already have.... when I'm stopped by the cops (I drive fast all the time so it happens), I'm typically given a break and I'm pretty certain the NSX reputation helps (I sure didn't get breaks in the latter years of owning my 300ZXTT). If you want to roll with giant wings and 22" chrome spinners, get an Escalade.

On the other hand, "NO TKTS" car is this thread is a friggin work of art. There's no "bling" to be seen there. It's tasteful, elegant and professionally done.

However, I suspect this is all moot and that the OP will never buy an NSX. This "money doesn't matter" makes me think of the "guy" who wanted to drop the Z06 engine into the NSX last month. If you are someone with THAT much money, typically money DOES matter to you because in order to have that much money, you've learned to manage it.

I'm going to skip right to your last comment and make a quick point here for the sake of all.......what I choose and choose NOT to spend my money on is up to me and only me. I own what I own, pay for things in cash and I will modify MY CAR how I see fit. Your comment "I suspect this is all moot and that the OP will never buy an NSX" is just the small minded, pigmy world view I expect from most ford vs chevy forums guys (no offense to domestic owners) not from someone I would guess is astute enough to purchase a world class vehicle like a NSX. My money management skills have afforded me the opportunity to work for myself NOT others so when I purchase something I have the free time to "tinker". Do me a BIG favor and DONT ASSUME YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME OR MY INTETIONS concerning a NSX!!

I just wanted to mention that I am also a DRIVER...

wtf?

do what you want, but seriously..."I'm a DRIVER"? :rolleyes:

There is a lot of info about your perspective in that single statement.

Back