• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Most EXPENSIVE NSX project

Midnight_Raven said:
This has to be the most worthless post I have seen in a long time. You don't know this person yet your still calling him a tool, not respectable, ect. How would you like it if someone right now said this Ski_Banker (spelt it correctly for ya :wink: ) is a Di**! or a Assh***! just because of the harsh attitude you have been showing. Please keep stupid comments, about how you percieve people, out of it unless you have actually met the person.

Why is this the most worthless post you have seen in a while? I'm simply explaining the rationale behind my inflammatory comments ie, not because he wants to highly mod an NSX, but because he asks a stupid/unquantifiable question in a very pretentious way. Thank you, BTW, for spelting my username correctly.

MAN O MAN O MAN!!!!! WWHHHHHEEEEEWWWWW! Welcome to Prime. One of the first things you need to buy is a flame retardant suit. You work for your $$, you should be able to spend it whatever way you want. The NSX is a GREAT car. Yes, it would have been nice if Acura/Honda would have kept up with things a little more but that is why we have the option of modding. It seems the question at hand is how much are mods and what are some of the things to do. Only a few have answered the REAL original question. It seems for-
Body works $3,000. - $20,000.
Interiors $700. - $5,000.
Stereo,DVD,Nav,Computer $2,000. - $18,000.
Engine & tranny $3,000. - The Sky
Wheels & Tires $2,000. - $10,000.
These are simply rough prices. I have done some of these and have done research to do others. The best way to find out things on here without getting flamed to death is hit the search, you can find a wealth of info there. Rickysals said it best.
Good luck and welcome.

You don't need to do any mods to have the most expensive NSX EVER, just go to Japan and find one of the five NSX-R GT. Half a mill is all you need to spend.

Maybe we can move this thread to boysinthehoodpimpmynsx.lol/yagottabekiddin//

gene said:
Maybe we can move this thread to boysinthehoodpimpmynsx.lol/yagottabekiddin//

Gene,

I just want to applaud your avatar!... And to request a hi-res picture... Please! :smile:

robr said:
This car is starting to become inexpensive enough for the younger generation to buy NOW, not when they are older (and wiser). This is going to destroy the value of our cars and any reputation the NSX has as being an exotic that's typically owned by respectable people. Sorry for sounding elitist, I'm just trying to protect that which I already have.

My bad, I didn't know there was an age requirement to be able to purchase an NSX ... guess I'll be putting mine up for sale tomorrow :frown: Sorry to everyone for the depreciation I have caused to the NSX.

Also, taste doesn't necessarily get better with age. There are plenty of cars that I think look rediculous and their owners are nearly twice my age. It's all personal opinion though, if they like it and are happy with it, who cares?

Syonara said:
Also, taste doesn't necessarily get better with age...
Tell that to the middle aged guy at my gym wearing bright neon spandex!:eek:

I'll give some insight from a Monk's take on the situation because I just spent time as one for 2 months.:smile:

The reason why we take certain people's posts as offensive is because that certain person is doing something that we personally don't like or wouldn't do.

Wanting or expecting someone to act, post, or do something in a way we would personally act, post, or do something or expect someone to act, post, or do something is a way of thinking that doesn't personally benefit yourself emotionally because it brings discontent.

Well, I thought I would share what I've learned.

Live and let live.:smile:

Stick-e-rice said:
...The reason why we take certain people's posts as offensive is because that certain person is doing something that we personally don't like or wouldn't do.

Wanting or expecting someone to act, post, or do something in a way we would personally act, post, or do something or expect someone to act, post, or do something is a way of thinking that doesn't personally benefit yourself emotionally because it brings discontent.

I am not a Buddhist but you definitely can't argue with the philosophy... When you think about it... It is so... Logical!?

Maybe it was living in Asia for over 10 years, but I feel a real affinity with the different Asian cultures and believe we can learn so much about inner happiness from them!

Some of these threads would not deteriorate the way they do if people didn't always feel the need to have the "last word"

I can't say I am not guilty of this myself. But part of the reason someone buys a car is egoic. It represents you and your image to the oustside world. If someone else buys that same car and is different as a person... in a way you don't like... or changes the car in a way that you think is in poor taste, your ego will think that will reflect badly on you and takes offense to it.

A monk would tell you that is what you need to see... your ego at work. Trying to always seperate and strengthen itself. When you observe it, it disolves... because it is false.

Having "the last word", is the ego's way of strengthening itself. It needs to constantly have superiority and also discontent in order to survive. Because its nature is false.

I did not want to go off topic but thought this might be valuable to see. It took someone else pointing it out before I saw it in myself.

MoogieBoogie said:
His question would be more along the lines of, "what is the most expensive home improvement project possible?" If you don't have a house to begin with, then your question parallels the kind of questions kids ask about who can win in a fight - Superman or Spiderman.

Duh! Superman would kick Spiderman's ass everytime dude.

Regards,

Patrick

robr said:
Sorry for sounding elitist, I'm just trying to protect that which I already have.... when I'm stopped by the cops (I drive fast all the time so it happens), I'm typically given a break and I'm pretty certain the NSX reputation helps

On the other hand, "NO TKTS" car is this thread is a friggin work of art. There's no "bling" to be seen there. It's tasteful, elegant and professionally done.

You are pretty certain the cops give you a break because of the "reputation" of the NSX? All I can say is WOW!

Tasteful, elegant, work of art; all subjective words that mean different things to different people. To some, stock cars are "boring" while to others they are "perfect".

JAYS NSX said:
You are pretty certain the cops give you a break because of the "reputation" of the NSX? All I can say is WOW!

I am absolutely certain. I have driven many different sports vehicles, some of them are almost guaranteed to get me a ticket regardless of what I was doing. My 300ZXTT started out without issue but as they became cheaper and more people riced them out, it got to the point where I always got a ticket and had to go fight it.

With the NSX, many times I had cops that pulled me over ask about it, or tell me nice car, but please dont drive fast in my town, etc. I only got one ticket in it between 1997 and 2004 despite being pulled over numerous times. It wasn't until recently I started getting tickets (all of which I fought and won) but I suspect that had more to do with the fact they were all from the same police dept, along the same stretch of road and that they had decided I was a "trouble making driver". I've moved since then, and recently was pulled over in the new town (no plate on the front) and again the cop talked about the car and asked me to please see about putting a plate on the front.

Back