• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Motor Trend video of NSX development

Hey just saw this on youtube.

Wanted to share it with you guys.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/19F07bmgYfY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good to see that Ted Klaus visited Japan's NSX Fiesta for input. I wonder if we can invite him to NSXPO2013. As a speaker or maybe as just a sounding board from present day NSX drivers?
Anyone have any high end Honda contacts?

On a side note: are those guys drinking Scotch? It appears that may be in their glasses!

Last edited:
Thats a great video. Really hope honda can produce something every current nsx owner would want to add to their garage.

We met these guys at Fiesta! At the time, all they would tell us was that they were just visiting from American Honda. Unbeknownst to us, we were talking to the 2nd gen design/development team. We may have even talked to Ted Klaus himself, although I really can't remember now, as these guys were super low key, there one minute, gone the next, and VERY tight lipped about who they were, and why they were there.

Good to see that Ted Klaus visited Japan's NSX Fiesta for input. I wonder if we can invite him to NSXPO2013. As a speaker or maybe as just a sounding board from present day NSX drivers?
Anyone have any high end Honda contacts?

On a side note: are those guys drinking Scotch? It appears that may be in their glasses!

Damn Dave you are right! Why didn't Type-J embed the link lol. I searched all the recent threads and I didn't see the youtube preview so I assumed nobody posted it. Oh well at least people will see it.

It sounds like their mind is in the right place for this car. I'm actually less worried about the US part messing things up than Japan. I mean that drivetrain needs to be potent, the Japanese tend to always aim low on that.

That guy didn't exactly instill confidence in me, he tap danced around many of the questions - especially the competition related ones and about modifications. I'm sure some of it has to do with "how much he is allowed to say" but that doesn't apply to everything. Still interested to see how it turns out.

We met these guys at Fiesta! At the time, all they would tell us was that they were just visiting from American Honda. Unbeknownst to us, we were talking to the 2nd gen design/development team. We may have even talked to Ted Klaus himself, although I really can't remember now, as these guys were super low key, there one minute, gone the next, and VERY tight lipped about who they were, and why they were there.

Dirty dog, Ben. You went to the Fiesta in Motegi?!

I can't believe the guy asking about modding the new NSX. The car is not finalized and already someone is talking about making mods.
I thought Klaus handled it gracefully by making reference to suspension setting changes.

Thanks for posting!

btw.. that Jonathan Wong guy was a waste of oxygen in the room. What an embarrassment that he represented the "tuner" community.

A little harsh, but I honestly thought that was a waste of a question! A couple of my questions were answered from the other interviewers but one question I think would be interesting, is if there was any influence from the HSV, suspension wise or any type of powertrain information he could give out.

The new NSX is so hyped up that if Honda doesn't deliver, they will be the laughing stock of all car manufactures.

...On a side note: are those guys drinking Scotch? It appears that may be in their glasses!

I didn't see anyone drink from those glasses during the interview except that SuperStreet guy Jonathan Wong? He took a sip from what looked like a glass of water? So even if it was scotch, no one drank...

Interesting video and information... I think Carrol Shelby developed some of the greatest sportscars in the world with any sort of American input... i.e. American engine and drivetrain with European chassis... This is the other way around! America is doing the chassis and Japan the engine and drivetrain!

The NSX is going to be a real tough act to follow! And really; I wouldn't like to be in Ted Klaus's shoes as the responsible entity trying to improve on the original NSX! It was so advanced when it was released that it took it's competitors 10years to catch up!

The new NSX is so hyped up that if Honda doesn't deliver, they will be the laughing stock of all car manufactures.

I somehow don't think they will have an issue the first two years of production selling out ; it will be those promised "tweaks" and evolving the car that will have people bitchin if they don't deliver

I somehow don't think they will have an issue the first two years of production selling out ; it will be those promised "tweaks" and evolving the car that will have people bitchin if they don't deliver

I do think they will tweak it up like the GTR, but there is so much you can do with a n/a motor. The GTR can run more boost to add performance, I just think the new NSX will be another story of a sports car being under powered like the previous versions...this will have owners looking for mods again.

Back