• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Move over Plasti Dip - new product coming to market

The metal flakes come in a spray can called metalizer. I had to take the wheel off the car to paint, but not the tire. Just use a deck of cards and place in between the wheel and tire.
You can order the paint kit from Source 1.

Last edited:
Even if you don't have a deck of cards on hand, this stuff doesn't stick to tires and peels off like cake!

Here is a close up example of the Matte black dip, With Silver Metalizer ( 2 coats) then 3 coats of Glossifier on top. Turned out amazing!

3d75334d.jpg

Even if you don't have a deck of cards on hand, this stuff doesn't stick to tires and peels off like cake!

So can you just overspray then trim around the wheel with a blade?

So can you just overspray then trim around the wheel with a blade?

You do not even need a blade. As long as there is an edge it peels off. See my videos when we peeled the headlights on the TL. That was using no blades or anything. Same goes for the gap from the wheel to the tire. It will peel from the tire and not the wheel.

Wow, those NSX wheels came out so awesome looking! Did you use a vinyl sticker for the center cap? So awesome!

I did on my plasti dip gunmetal and silver set. It was only $2-3.00 each. I still haven't decided weather to keep wheels silver or the gunmetal dipped? Driver side is still silver and passenger side is black. Pictures don't do justice. Looks much better in person with the plasti dip.

I expect we'll see lots of plasti-dipped NSX & NSX parts at NSXPO this year. I can't wait! :biggrin:

I did on my plasti dip gunmetal and silver set. It was only $2-3.00 each. I still haven't decided weather to keep wheels silver or the gunmetal dipped? Driver side is still silver and passenger side is black. Pictures don't do justice. Looks much better in person with the plasti dip.

My vote is the gunmetal. Finish the other side. When you tired of it, just peel it off.

I'm done. All 4 wheels are now black.

I LOVE IT.

I wish Volk had an option of black when I bought them back then. The car looks 100x better without the polish/silver look. I wish I had done this earlier :) Before, it looked too flashy, but now, it looks mean :)

Those came out great as well. It changes the look so much. Run them like that for a bit, then try something else, then go to stock, then something else, etc. it's endless what can be done.

So with the 3 or 4 coats, how long will it last on rims? Is this something that can be done for DD's and when you reapply do you need to pull the old coats off or just overspray?

If this stuff lasts, it is awesome!

So with the 3 or 4 coats, how long will it last on rims? Is this something that can be done for DD's and when you reapply do you need to pull the old coats off or just overspray?

If this stuff lasts, it is awesome!

Wheels need a good 4 coats. Once those coats are on you will not need to peel to apply more if you get any of them damaged. Simply spray over it. I have my entire DD done and no issues as of now. 41-4200 miles driven.

Back