• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Movie Trailer - my own shoot

Just curious - what software are you using to edit and put that together?

Just curious - what software are you using to edit and put that together?

I'll tell you my secrets if you tell me yours! Lol

Actually its very easy to do, much easier than it looks. Apple rocks.

But the main movie will be 100% FCP - which is some seriously powerful software! The trailer is just imovie believe it or not.

I'll tell you my secrets if you tell me yours! Lol

Actually its very easy to do, much easier than it looks. Apple rocks.

But the main movie will be 100% FCP - which is some seriously powerful software! The trailer is just imovie believe it or not.

Go look in Off Topic, I posted a video I made in iMovie and that was about the best I could do.

Haha yeah, video screams imovie.

Great footage. Can't wait for the final video!

We all have to start somewhere! This is really just to test out the software options. I have a feature film I want to put together over the next few years. I have some ideas that I just need to get worked out of my head. :)

J

Good job!! J

We all have to start somewhere! This is really just to test out the software options. I have a feature film I want to put together over the next few years. I have some ideas that I just need to get worked out of my head. :)

J

No worries man. iMovie makes those trailers really easy to make. You can put out videos really quickly. Once you're able to get everything together, you'll be able to create a solid film in fcp. We'll be waiting!

No worries man. iMovie makes those trailers really easy to make. You can put out videos really quickly. Once you're able to get everything together, you'll be able to create a solid film in fcp. We'll be waiting!

Its going to take a while - there is a LOT to learn. The NSX film is just a way to test out the equipment and software. I have two movies (feature films) that I want to create.. maybe even get it to the theaters and make some real money.

Like I told Tim... its a long shot. But my odds are better than winning the lottery! And the two movies I have in mind could be HUGE! I let a couple of people look at my writing and one said he would invest in me if I would let him. But I really don't want investors.

There is a lot more to REAL movies than special effects! I think hollywood forgot that! Its all about action and no substance. I hate that! Or sappy movies with nothing but dialogue. And Hollywood keeps going back to old ideas.. nothing original. Transformers? Hulk? why not smurfs?

Anyway, I think the NSX movie will shape itself into a car enthusiasts movie. Lots of track action, some street driving... a few interviews, some areal views of NSX and S2000 driving on winding roads, multiple camera angles of the same event, some stirring music and even a plea to Honda to get its ass in gear and make a new NSX!

My goal is to make a small version for youtube, and then a DVD of the full movie.

It seems the more storyboards I come up with the longer it will take to produce, but who cares - I don't have investors hanging over my head busting my chops over a deadline.

J

Back