• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Moving to Austin

Hey folks!
We're moving to Austin at the end of the year for my start-up, and I just wanted to reach out to the NSX community and hopefully meet some/all of you. I have a black 98 that I don't drive often enough, so I"m looking forward to putting some miles on her in Austin! We're looking to buy a home in the West Lake Hills/Rollingwood/Lost Creek area, so if anyone has any tips/advice or referrals to good real estate agents/loan officers, I'd greatly appreciate it! Drop me a note at a l l e n y t s a i at g m a i l dot com!

Allen

Welcome to TX! Some Great Guys in the Austin Crew.....
PM KONSX as he's usually hooking up the Austin Get togethers.

We're are hoping to plan a few quaterly get togethers in Austin,
Houston, San Antonio and Dallas as well as the Annual Regional
event / NSteXpo. Feel free to join NSXOTX (NSX Owners of Texas)
of FB as well to receive alerts on get togethers!

Thanks! I applied for the FB group a few days ago, status still pending, so looking forward to that. Next thing I have to make sure is the car moving company doesn't f it up during the move!
Welcome to TX! Some Great Guys in the Austin Crew.....
PM KONSX as he's usually hooking up the Austin Get togethers.

We're are hoping to plan a few quaterly get togethers in Austin,
Houston, San Antonio and Dallas as well as the Annual Regional
event / NSteXpo. Feel free to join NSXOTX (NSX Owners of Texas)
of FB as well to receive alerts on get togethers!

Hey Allen,

I'm a newish NSX owner (as of August) with a 1998 NSX as well. I live in downtown Austin, so if you'd ever like to meet up just let me know. Best of luck on the move! Also, what's the startup if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers,
Cliff

Thanks! I applied for the FB group a few days ago, status still pending, so looking forward to that. Next thing I have to make sure is the car moving company doesn't f it up during the move!

Hello Allen,
I believe I accepted you a couple of weeks back, please let me know if you're still
not showing as a member or send another request as I show everybody accepted.

Thanks all. We are looking forward to the move! Speaking of which, I'm starting to do research on car transport companies, so if any of ya'll have any suggestions, I'd love a tip over PM.

thanks!

i've used exotic car transport with no issues. I recently used DAS(dependable auto shippers) sending my nsx to Seattle enclosed and it wasnt cheap but i had no complaints with the service.

Welcome to Austin!

Make sure you take traffic into account when you are looking for a house. I'm not sure where you plan to setup an office for your business, but make sure it isn't too far from home. Traffic on 360 can be pretty brutal.

The area you are looking at is nice and Westlake has some great schools if you have children.

Keep in mind that while housing prices are less than where you are now, property taxes are a lot more out here. About 25% of my house payment goes to taxes.

Glad to have another NSX owner in town. I really need to get my 94 running again :(

Back