• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mugen Tower Bar

Sorry guys for the late picture.....they are finally taken :tongue:

So after 7 years, some one else finally bought another Mugen Intake on this side of the planet. FYI, DF sells a unifilter for that, it gives couple extra HP over the Mugen filter.

Wow sick parts! When I had my s2k I had mugen I/H/E, suspension and hardtop. Awesome quality. Need mugen for my NA2 now lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I know Im drifting off topic, but what do you guys think about the DF setup horsepower/quality wise. Now that theres several out there maybe someone can give an honest evaluation. I want one but still crazy money even for used. Thank you.

Per butt dyno, I didn't notice any real gains from the stock air box, but it looks good. If there are gains or losses, they're minimal. The quality of the Mugen CF is like a work of art and seemed like a much better built piece than the DF replica.

Per butt dyno, I didn't notice any real gains from the stock air box, but it looks good. If there are gains or losses, they're minimal. The quality of the Mugen CF is like a work of art and seemed like a much better built piece than the DF replica.
Easy Tiger, there is no replacement for the real deal. DF used my to replicate and the filter element was better under dyno with couple extra HP gain because it is less restrictive. Also the replacement filter for Mugen under their OEM name is not cheap, if I recalled, you can't even buy the filter for the Mugen intake unless you show purchase receipt of the unit.

Be thankful people have make parts available for people who can't afford the real deal, specially the original unit is so hard to get with a 3 to 6 months waiting period.

Easy Tiger, there is no replacement for the real deal. DF used my to replicate and the filter element was better under dyno with couple extra HP gain because it is less restrictive. Also the replacement filter for Mugen under their OEM name is not cheap, if I recalled, you can't even buy the filter for the Mugen intake unless you show purchase receipt of the unit.

Be thankful people have make parts available for people who can't afford the real deal, specially the original unit is so hard to get with a 3 to 6 months waiting period.
Are the DF air filters cleanable or need to be replaced like stock?

Are the DF air filters cleanable or need to be replaced like stock?
It is made of the same material as the unifilter, so yes it is.

Bd sell me your intake lol

I know Im drifting off topic, but what do you guys think about the DF setup horsepower/quality wise. Now that theres several out there maybe someone can give an honest evaluation. I want one but still crazy money even for used. Thank you.

Hi David. I had the DF (Mugen knockoff) setup on my car and did 3 dyno runs before and after install. My average whp pre-install was 282, and after 283. But honestly, that 1 hp gain was probably just variance. Since it was a neat looking CF piece and it didn't hurt the whp, I kept it. But if you are expecting whp gains, don't.

The other thing to know is that this piece changes the intake sound. For me, the original sound is pretty iconic, and addicting. The new sound is not worse, just a bit different.

As for quality, it is ok. I didn't think it held up to the quality of the other parts DF makes like the NSX-R spoiler or the DF-R CF diffuser. But I had an older piece, maybe they improved the quality in later runs.

If I were to do it all again, I probably would have ordered the Mugen piece, just for the coolness factor.

Back