• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My daughter riding in my (her) NSX

This morning I decided to take my car out for her first drive of the New Year; so I put my (2 year, 2 month old) daughter into the passenger seat (in her car seat) and proceeded to cruise around my neighborhood for a few minutes. My ABS pump was running a bit long so I figured I needed to exercise the solenoids a bit, finding some dirt off the edge of the road. A few hard stops later the ABS is back to normal.

Anyway, as I was heading back into my neighborhood my daughter says "No Papa!" I asked her if she wanted to ride around some more and she responded "Yes." So we drove around another 3 or 4 miles in the neighborhood.

She will definitely be a car girl!

Miner

My 3 year old loves going out in the nsx. He actually asked to go for a drive yesterday and I had to tell him no.
Because there was 3 " of snow on the ground, and today there is almost a foot. Enjoy the warm weather.

Mine just falls asleep everytime we go for a ride... :D

550981_10151950615885554_2140317240_n_zps71556295.jpg
[/URL]

My 7 year old daughter loves riding in "Roxy", the name she gave to the NSX. Always wants to ride with top off and always encourages me to "go faster!"

I've got 3 girls (2,4,6) and I've always wanted to give one a ride around the neighborhood. Not that this should be a deciding factor, but do you ever get any grief/dirty looks from neighbors driving - what many probably assume is a 'dangerous' car - with a kid in the front seat?

I've got 3 girls (2,4,6) and I've always wanted to give one a ride around the neighborhood. Not that this should be a deciding factor, but do you ever get any grief/dirty looks from neighbors driving - what many probably assume is a 'dangerous' car - with a kid in the front seat?

Not here, then again this is Southern California. Plus i haven't been over 40 with her in it

That is a wonderful photograph :smile:

Thank you... It just melts my heart to watch her sleep and I almost hate to wake her. :smile:

So awesome! I can't wait until my girls get older. Here are some pics of my oldest helping me in the garage. It's as if she is saying, "No no no, not for four more months" as she stands between me and the NSX.

Just hope that she's old enough when your slave cylinder goes out on your clutch! I couldn't get my hands between the engine and firewall... :D

I remember when I when I traveled to Orlando about 2 1/2 years ago to check out the '02 Spa Yellow that I now own. The owners little daughter (4 or 5 y/o) came out when she saw me inspecting the car and went over to her dad and hugged his leg, saying "Daddy don't sell the yellow car - I LOVE the yellow car!"

Mine just falls asleep everytime we go for a ride... :D

I took my 15 yr old Little Brother to one of our club drives last year and he fell asleep the whole time going thru the mountain roads except when its time to eat. We're talking 2-3 hours of twisty.

My daughter loves the sounds of my s2000 over my NSX for some odd reason, this was taken this past weekend for a cruise around our neighborhood in a private community. She loves to steer the car and make "vrooom" noises! Granted it's a bit faster than her own pink Bug :)

her ride:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and can't forget my son who seems to prefer Euro cars....fatherhood is amazing!

My daughter loves the sounds of my s2000 over my NSX for some odd reason, this was taken this past weekend for a cruise around our neighborhood in a private community. She loves to steer the car and make "vrooom" noises! Granted it's a bit faster than her own pink Bug :)

Her ride:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and can't forget my son who seems to prefer Euro cars....fatherhood is amazing!

Parenthood is great!

My wife and I found out we are having a child about 8 weeks ago and one of the first things I was looking at were recaro racing infant seats. I told her I can't wait to take the kid on a ride in the NSX and I got the dirtiest look ever!!!

How old is old enough for most parents? My 91 has no front airbag so I would think as soon as a child is in a front facing seat. There would obviously be no messing around with a child in the car but I would think around 2 would be old enough?!

-Alec

my wife and and i decided no car seats in the nsx......boys get to ride when they are old/big enough to sit on the seat and the lap belt sits across their chest.Our 9 yo is there.

That is our personal choice..I do have an airbag and it could be disabled.

My wife and I found out we are having a child about 8 weeks ago and one of the first things I was looking at were recaro racing infant seats. I told her I can't wait to take the kid on a ride in the NSX and I got the dirtiest look ever!!!

How old is old enough for most parents? My 91 has no front airbag so I would think as soon as a child is in a front facing seat. There would obviously be no messing around with a child in the car but I would think around 2 would be old enough?!

-Alec

I waited until my boys were into the forward facing car seat (between 2-3 years old), and my boys love riding in because they can see out the front and side windows so easily. As far as where I take them, just around town, NEVER on the freeway. Mine is a 91' with NO airbag, and yes I have to explain that to people when the give me the dirty looks :wink:

Back