• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

my first NSX... from France

@onechou2304

Looks great. @Old Guy provided some great information.

For the key and floor mats, here are my suggestions:

1) Floor Mats - Mita Motorsports in Japan has pretty much all the OEM floor mats available. The website link is in my comments about thoughts on ownership (linked below)

2) The key. There are three types of keys for the NSX. A) The Monel (some will call it the titanium key) that is silver in appearance and is hard to cut. Depending on where you order it from, they may want your lock code. This is a four digit number that is on the keys that came from the factory. The code is also on the lock cylinders themselves. The trunk lock cylinder is the one most people access to get the code since the door lock cylinders are a pain to access. To reveal the code, undo the trunk liner along the back edge by the latch. You will see 4 nuts that hold the center trim on (the piece with the "H" on it between the tail lights) - remove the four bolts and carefully lift the trim piece away. The code should be visible on the lock cylinder with the trim removed. B) The key with the black plastic coating - this key is pretty cheap (under $20 for a blank compared to over $100 for the Monel key) and can be cut by the dealership or just about any locksmith to match your current key. C) The valet key. This is a smaller key that will only start the engine and unlock the doors. It will not unlock the glove box. The idea is - if your trunk release is working - you turn off the master power to the trunk in the glove box and then lock the glove box. The valet key can be used to lock/unlock the doors and start the car - but you can't open the trunk. I don't know too many people that even bother with the valet key...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...to-new-NSX-Owners-(and-maybe-some-not-so-new)

Many thanks Vance for your answer and for your fully and complete excellent post (good work)...I started to do it by myself on excel sheet (all references, links, prices related to NSX)...but you have done and it is great.
Just a little consideration for US people VS european people: this is not very easy for us to purchase on US site due to the fact that several times there are no deliveries or shipping outside USA.

Last edited:
Back