• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My first NSX is a baush /nos car

Well after wrecking my second Viper I felt a change was in order...

I had a deal on a 95 CTSC NSX thatI thought was very nice. But I paid a professional/friend to inspect it and he did not like it one bit..

So instead I pulled the trigger on a 91 wide body black NSX that has a good reputation amongst the NSX owners here in hawaii...

The car has 35K in mods that I will list later..I bought it for 35K with 86K miles on the odo....

After only one day of ownership I can clearly say with confidence that this 91 NSX makes me feel much more comfortable driving agressively through curves than my C5 or RT10 or SRT10 ever did..Then again this NSX also has an adjustable coil over suspension so it's not really a fair comparison...

Power wise...Well at only 5 psi and probally 350 rwhp she's no where near as fast as my last Viper....But she is still fast enough and the bbsc still has quite a bit left on the table if I end up wanting more power. As well theirs an 85 wet shot waiting to be tuned but ill probally never risk it...

BTW....The wide body/wings west NSX on 18/19 inch volk racing rims is absolutely stunning....The BBSC is absolutely stunning. This is the sexiest car Ive ever owned.....To me and probally me only from the front the black wide body nsx is very lamborguini looking. And seeing the engine bay through the rear glass also helps with the notion...

Im extremely pleased..

The flaws so far are that the car is TOO LOW....The front bumper is about 4 inches off the ground and a PIMA...Iwill raise it 1 inch ASAP...

After heavy acelleration the car feels a little floaty...Just alittle after the gas pedal is released....But Im thinking this has to do with no power steering as it almost seems like I just think about turning the car through a curve and the car seems to magically do it???I felt my self wondering several times if I had turned my hands any or if the car just knew a curve was coming and turned it's self..

Yes the rumors about the NSX's handling are true..

And your pictures are where???:biggrin:

I can see where this relationship is headed.............

Are you the same guy that busted up thoseViperes? Hope not, or are you just a poser?

Are you the same guy that busted up thoseViperes? Hope not, or are you just a poser?

Check out that sig:

2004 C5 vette-mild H/C=378 rwhp..sold
1999 rt10 Viper-bolt ons/tune=450 rwhp..wrecked
2003 SRT10 Viper-mild bolt ons=470 rwhp..wrecked
1991 wide body NSX BBSC/85 wet shot, no rwhp #'s

I think he MAY have slowed down since then. Hope so for his family's sake!

So you bought Rob's car?

Yea..Some hawaii NSX guys turned me on to it..At first I was like..Man Im not buying a 91 anything....In my mind a 91 NSX seemed like a HUGE down grade to a 2003 Viper...

But my NSX buddy was very persistant in telling me it was worth checking out..

Then when I saw it..GOT DAEYUAMMM....91 or not...It looked insanely up to date

Do you know a link where I can post pics that Rob may have had up??

Check out that sig:

2004 C5 vette-mild H/C=378 rwhp..sold
1999 rt10 Viper-bolt ons/tune=450 rwhp..wrecked
2003 SRT10 Viper-mild bolt ons=470 rwhp..wrecked
1991 wide body NSX BBSC/85 wet shot, no rwhp #'s

I think he MAY have slowed down since then. Hope so for his family's sake!

I wrecked those vipers doing somthing stupid on the street that I will never do again....The 99 was wrecked against a C6Z06 and the 03 was wrecked against an ACR Viper...If your catching my drift..Those days are long gone for me.....I had a deal done on a 570 rwhp naturally asperated race ready 2003 SRT10 Viper....Everything possible was done to this car to be a ready for road course/1/4 mile vehicle......But at the request of my famaly/friends who genuinely care about me I passed...The most persistant was my NSX buddy who talked me into checking out the 91 NSX

In my mind a 91 NSX seemed like a HUGE down grade to a 2003 Viper...

Well, a running NSX is a BIG upgrade from the pile of heap (in a junkyard?) of your last Viper......:biggrin:

My favorite Jeremy Clarkson Top Gear quote was when he was reviewing the Viper... he said, "you get miles and miles of grip and when you reach the limits of adhesion, it kills you." :eek: or "it's more civilized... than what, a plane crash?"

"A big, red V10 axe murderer. I do like it though...."

Well, a running NSX is a BIG upgrade from the pile of heap (in a junkyard?) of your last Viper......:biggrin:

Both of my wrecked Vipers were purchased by the same body shop...Im very lucky to be alive ( especially the second accident in the SRT10) but I did make an extra $14K this year in wrecked Vipers....I love exotics...The only car you can wreck and make money off due to them being so rare...

The SRT10 is being painted yellow and the body shop owner ( friend of mine) is painting it yellow and will be driving it him self personally.

MODS LIST

Engine/drivetrain

-BBSC at 5 psi
-Dali racing polished coolant tank
-85 HP wet kit
-HKS SSQV BOV
-Steel braided hoses
-Dreddy oil catch can
-Dual blitz nus spec exhaust
-Polished injector covers
-Daiken Exedy clutch

Suspension/Brakes

-Tein RA coilovers
-science of speed steering rack bushing kit
-Dali racing strut tower bar
-Volk racing GT7 wheels 19's and 18's
-Dunlop SP sport front tires/Kuhmo SPT rears
-Tarox Big Brake kit w/ SS braided line front-6 piston caliper/ 13" crossdrilled rotors front and rear

Exterior

-Marga hills front bumper FRP
-Cantrell studios wide body GT fenders FRP
-Marga hills side skirts ( Vinny's)
-wings west rear spats
-clear side markers
-B1 hybrid turn/reverse hyperwhite bulbs
-Led side marker and parking lights
-HIDs 6000K
-SOS trunk struts

And a bunch of audio stuff that Im too lazt to type up..Most notable in the Honda Nav pad with PS2 and Kenwood MP5032 deck

but I did make an extra $14K this year in wrecked Vipers....I love exotics...The only car you can wreck and make money off due to them being so rare...

You must have hit your head one too many times! They made over 10,000 Vipers in the 1st generation alone!!

You are telling us that you bought, drove, and wrecked this car then MADE money selling it to a body shop??

Maybe things are different in Hawaii...........but that would never happen in the 48.

congrats on your buy? enjoy it?

Wings West makes a wide body kit????

congrats on your buy? enjoy it?

Wings West makes a wide body kit????

Exterior

-Marga hills front bumper FRP
(-Cantrell studios wide body GT fenders FRP) These wide front fenders look INSANE

-Marga hills side skirts ( Vinny's)
-wings west rear spats
-clear side markers
-B1 hybrid turn/reverse hyperwhite bulbs
-Led side marker and parking lights
-HIDs 6000K
-SOS trunk struts

You must have hit your head one too many times! They made over 10,000 Vipers in the 1st generation alone!!

You are telling us that you bought, drove, and wrecked this car then MADE money selling it to a body shop??

Maybe things are different in Hawaii...........but that would never happen in the 48.

Ha ha ha..It dosent matter what state your in..It's all about the KBB..

Vipers do very well in the KBB..

I paid 39K for my 1999 Viper in 2006..I wrecked it in 2007..The KBB said that the car was worth 42K and was ready to cut me a check ( so their I would have already made 3K)

But I said that I wanted to buy the vehicle back from insurance..Ther buy back price is 20%...

42K minus 15% = 7.5K

So they cut me a check for 33.5K but I got to keep the vehicle..

Coincidently 33K was exactly what I still owed on the vehicle ( remember I bought for 39K a year earlier)

So the vehicle was 100% paid off and 100% mine..I then sold the wreck to a friend for 10K and put that money in the bank...

So to my credit union I paid off the car and to me I made 10K..

Then with the 2003 Viper I purchased it for 50,500...7 months later I wrecked it...Insurance said the would onlygive me 47K for the car..I still owed 47K on the car..

If I bought the vehicle back from insurance it ment they would take away 18% of the 47K=8K...Meaning I would get a check for 39K...

I then sold the vehicle to the same friend for 11K..

39K plus 11K=50K...But remeber I only owed 47K on the car...So I made another 3K and some change...

So I made 10K and some change off the SRT10 and 3K and some change off the RT10..APROX. 14K went into my personal acounts this year from wrecked Vipers...

The NSX can do exactly the same thing...The problem with most cars is that your just not gonna buy the vehicleback from insurance because nobody wants to buy a regular wrecked car...Why buy a wrecked 3 series BMW when their are THOUSANDS of good cheap non wrecked ones available...So the guy owes 20K on his 3 series BMW and insurance says they'll give him a check for 20K...

Yea he could opt to buy in back and only get a check for 16K...Butwho's gonna buy it for more than the other 4-5 K to bring him back up to 20K...How long till someone will buy it...

well good luck with the car. make sure this one dont go to the salvage world like your other cars.

you might have made 3000$ on your last accident... but man... how much you paying for insurance!!?! couple more accidents you wont be able to get insurance. no such thing as a free lunch.

maybe a driving school is in order:smile:

there are some awesome nsx owners on the islands. hook up with them.

well good luck with the car. make sure this one dont go to the salvage world like your other cars.

you might have made 3000$ on your last accident... but man... how much you paying for insurance!!?! couple more accidents you wont be able to get insurance. no such thing as a free lunch.

maybe a driving school is in order:smile:

there are some awesome nsx owners on the islands. hook up with them.

Im not trying to be a dick or anything..But I think it's funny how people think Im a bad driver because I wrecked 2 vipers..

I WAS STREET RACING....Vipers have massive tourquee at any rpm..500 plus rwt SAE in both my Vipers cases...And 500 SAE imediate tourque

I hit it at 70 mph and the hole car shifted to the left and I was heading straight into a wall....Only a few cars can loose it like that at 70 mph..

I could punch my 378 rwhp C5 at 70 mph and have no fear of tire spin...This BBSC NSX I have can be punched at 50 mph and I have very little fear of even tire spin..She dosent really seem to start moving till 5500 rpm's or so..

The Vipers are totally differant animals and being a good driver has nonthing to do with thinking that 70 mph is fast enough to lay into it safely in third gear....

Seriously....What car can you loose it in at 70 mph in third gear as soon as you hit the throttle? Vipers are the tourquiest vehicles I personally know of...

John Force wouldnt be able to avoid hitting a wall when the hole car turns to the left at 70 mph....I wasnt driving through the twisties or any thing trying to be a race driver and lost it...

I was going perfectly straight with a 1/2 mile of straight road in front of me in a friendly battle against a C6Z06 and ACR Viper...3rd gear at 70 mph was deemed safe..I hit the throttle on the third beep and BAM..Hole car violently goes to the left and into the wall...

And this is why Ill never street race again..This was organized...The conditions were thought out and set..70 mph in third to 150 mph in 4th gear gear is a typical safe race, for street racers as 30-50 mph start points are usualy to low for big HP cars..

But it still happenned. And it can happen to anyone who plays that game.

Look Snakey, don't sweat these guys.you have to learn to take the Intrnet with a grain of salt. Everything you said about making money and with the Vipers I agree with you because uih, well....you're right LOL! these guys have not had the pleasure or know how to work the system like you or me obviously. I've done 3 things you just spoke of all in the last year.

First I made 150% PURE PROFIT on my wifes Porsche 928 S4 when it got wrecked(not her fault). Not 150% over what I still owed the bank like you but 150% profit on what I had in the car, thnx to Insurance and buying the vehicle back and reselling it.

Recently we were both in her Volvo S70 turbo and some kids ran a red and we T-boned them at 50mph. I made 185% on that but since it was an average Joe Blow car I( and freaking demolished) I didn't buy it back.

and Third. I for a very short period owned a 98 Viper GTS Henessey 950R NA
this car was a freaking beast. 815 RWHP (not a typo) It was a Supra Killer. I don't care (within reason of course) what gear you was in at what speed you had best be pointed straight when you punch it because it will spin massivly. I still don't understand why you went into the wall except your car was not set up properly maybe, because mine would stay straight.

But anyways enjoy the NSX and post some damn pictures.

Or a ditch....Or a tree....Or oncoming traffic......

+ 1000

Am I the only guy that maybe unfairly feels a little odd talking to this guy? I mean he destroys exotic sports cars, seemingly without care..... and did I read that he steps up and gets better cars because his wife gets promotions? Dude, maybe you need to get into big 4x4 pickups or something you can bounce off walls without caring. I don't even know you... but a piece of me .... I don't know... I guess resents you because I take such good care of my stuff...and I at least think most of the guys on here are into taking special care of their NSX's. And you seem to trash a $70,000 viper, toss it out like a used paper plate, get another, trash it.... toss it out.. and pick up an NSX. Every wreck you've had hasn't been because you can't control your car. It's because you can't control YOURSELF. So of course the first NSX you pick up is already modded to the hilt... god forbid you learn to drive the car with what it came with before making it even faster. :rolleyes:
I'm sorry if I'm out of line here. I don't know anything about you personally... you could be the nicest guy in the whole world... have a beach front orphanage in your name in Hawaii that researches a cure for cancer in the basement.... and all I can do is cringe at the thought of you owning an NSX. I wish you'd pick something a little more readily available to total, like another Viper... than an all aluminum, hand built car that's not produced anymore. I hope with all the mods you bought it with, you still have the drivers air bag. Good luck.

Back