• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My first official post as a new owner ...

In my office desk at work, I have a 1999 NADA guide for car values - it's that little orange book. I'd have to say that book represents my original interest in actually acquiring an NSX. I'm the type of person that likes to do some research before buying complicated stuff - small or large, expensive or inexpensive. However, the more expensive stuff usually takes a bit longer to research in order to ensure I do not get buyer's remorse. So, suffice it to say that I've been looking at the NSX as my dream car for quite a while. Today, I culminated 10 years of searching.

As Dr. Evil would say, "Allow myself to introduce myself ..." I've been lurking on NSX Prime for quite some time. I've been educated about the NSX more than I could've ever imagined by the multitude of contributors to this site. It was because of these contributions that I ultimately found that car I've been looking for for so long.

A little over a week ago, Prime member simsgw (<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Gary</st1:City>) posted on this board about the trials and tribulations he's had with his/Cindy's wrecked NSX. I've always read <st1:City w:st="on">Gary</st1:City>'s posts with interest because you can tell he really cares. His post last week really caught my attention. You might remember that he talked about replacing Cindy's NSX and had whittled his choices down to 2 vehicles, but he subsequently bought his 911. As a service to his fellow Primers, <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pGary</st1:City> relayed info on those two NSX's and for one other NSX -- a late entrant that recently became available. (http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1253297#post1253297). It was that NSX I was interested in. I emailed Fabian Sanchez of San Pedro Auto Body who quickly replied to my questions and this set the wheels in motion. After waiting last weekend to hear something from the NSX owner, I finally received a call from him this past Monday night and we talked for about a half hour about the car. Year - check, color - check, original owner - check, maintenance done - check, low mileage - check, no accidents - check, bone stock - check, acceptable price - DOUBLE CHECK! It was as if someone had given this seller the answers to my test beforehand! Well, all of this meant I was getting on a plane on Thursday night and meeting with him on Friday afternoon. <st1:City w:st="on">Atlanta</st1:City> to LA. Lucky for me, my mom & dad still live in SoCal, so hospitality was not a problem.

I won't get into the owner's personal situation, but suffice it to say the NSX was his wife's pride and joy and she just recently passed away. She cherished that car. I knew within the first 5 minutes of seeing the car that ultimately, I'd be cherishing that car too. Through advice from other posts on this board, I setup a PPI with Autowave Inc. in <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pHuntington Beach</ST1:p</st1:City>. As it turns out, the weather and traffic conspired against me in my efforts to get the NSX from San Pedro to HB in a timely fashion -- so much so, that I missed my appointment by a good 2+ hours. But, Shane & Ron kept the shop open to accommodate the PPI well past their normal closing time. One of the technicians, Mark, went through the car with a fine-toothed comb. He was in no hurry to get his weekend started, even though the clock on the wall said it should've started by now. In fact, everyone at Autowave made me feel as though I was the most important person around - great customer service. Mark pointed out a few items, no show stoppers, and on the drive back to San Pedro, I bought the car. Because the banks were closed by the time the inspection ended, the owner and I reconvened today to make it official.

In anticipation of possibly having to transport a purchase, I made inquiries to several Prime- recommended transporters last Tuesday. I narrowed my choices down to two, then ultimately one -- who just so happened to have a truck in SoCal ready to pickup my newly acquired NSX. The company is DeMoise Trk-ing and it is run by four brothers. In fact, one of the brothers, Don, just loaded my NSX on his truck a few hours ago. From my initial conversations with Bill (the youngest brother) to my 45 minutes of talking with Don as he meticulously loaded the NSX into his enclosed carrier, all I can say is these guys are CAN-DO! They really made me feel as though I was the only planet in their universe! So, my NSX will be leaving the LA area in a few days (they've got a few more cars to load locally) and will be making its way to the <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pAtlanta </ST1:p</st1:City>area in short order. I fly back to <st1:City w:st="on">Atlanta</st1:City> in the morning.

It's been a whirlwind 2 days!! Other than the weather being absolutely doggy-poopoo in SoCal this whole weekend, it's been a great trip. One made possible by members like you on this board. Thank you Gary, Fabian, everyone at Autowave, and DeMoise for making this happen. Another thank you to fellow Primer/Atlantan TBromley, who I've had the pleasure of exchanging PM's with and chatting on the phone with for the past month. I know he's looking forward to the Silver vs Silver NSX photo op! And thanks, obviously, to my wife for letting this forty-something kid realize a dream. Man, I feel like this has been an Oscar acceptance speech.

Oh, by the way, did I mention that my first 85 miles on the car have been glorious despite the cruddy weather?

I'm sorry for the long post, but it's been 10 years in the making.

More posts, and hopefully pictures, to come.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Betthemortgage

Keith, that's a great post and a great story. Glad I could be a part of this with you and I am surely looking forward to the "silver" photo op! You bet. I'll have to get my car all shined up for it. Lot's of fun in store for you with that new 04 NSX - new to you and it looks new too! Great color combo too.

I'm mighty happy for you! You had such a great weekend getting that car loaded too was just too good to be true and yet this time it really happened just perfectly. The stars were aligned for you!

You remember I mentioned the guy that bought my 993 was out in CA and shipped the car sight unseen out there and guess who he used? You guessed it DeMoise. I talked with them myself and they are nice folks. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. I know you'll be on pins and needles waiting for your "baby" to get here! We'll have to give it a proper "christening" - you know like they do with ships - slamming the bottle of champagne on the "hull" - great idea huh! NOT....ok just kidding:biggrin:

I promise I won't hit it too hard with that bottle...:eek::wink:

BEST OF LUCK!

BTW--could you please tell us the shipping cost from Ca to your home.
Thanks Paul

No problem ... the cost was $1400 which was on the middle-high end of my price quotes. However, it is an enclosed carrier and that was important to me. I also needed to know that the company was a trusted one with great customer service, two other things I was willing to pay a premium for. So far, I have not been disappointed. The NSX is being delivered door to door. When I discussed the delivery situation in the subdivision I live in (it's a series of cul-de-sacs and no through streets), the driver suggested he could back the truck up all the way into the subdivision, if he has to, in order to get as close to the house as he can! It's an 85-foot rig, that's going to be impressive if he attempts it. I don't think this is his first rodeo!

BTW - I did not have to leave a deposit, it's COD.

Congratulations! :smile:

Great story - great write-up. Enjoyed it and know you will enjoy it, too!

Congratulations! What color is the interior? My '03 Silverstone has the silver interior. You're gonna love it.

other Gary

Gary, mine is also Silver/Silver. The silver interior is more like a graphite color (as someone so aptly described it elsewhere on this board), but you knew that already!

Nice I might see you around...I live out in Newnan.

You must be hiding! Believe me when I say I've been looking for other NSX's around these parts and in the 18 years I've lived in Fayette County, I've seen ONE - yes, ONE on the roads around here and Atlanta for that matter. What color is yours?

Congrats!

We'll all have to get together if I bring mine down to McDonough at some point next summer.

Congratulations and welcome!

Congratulation on your new ride!

Gary, mine is also Silver/Silver. The silver interior is more like a graphite color (as someone so aptly described it elsewhere on this board), but you knew that already!

You must be hiding! Believe me when I say I've been looking for other NSX's around these parts and in the 18 years I've lived in Fayette County, I've seen ONE - yes, ONE on the roads around here and Atlanta for that matter. What color is yours?
Mine is black. Naw I really dont hide to often Ive been there for the last 3 years. I drive to fayette every now and then too..

congrads, beautiful car, we will never forget the first day the nsx is parked in the garage. going out there to look at it every hour :biggrin:

Well, this morning at 8:00 am promptly, my NSX made its voyage home to Georgia from California. I put it on the truck with DeMoise last Saturday and it arrived here in slightly less than 5 days (the truck left SoCal on Monday). I'll tell you what, those guys at DeMoise absolutely deliver on their promises. Don kept me informed and getting it here a few days earlier than expected was a pleasant surprise. I could not be more delighted with my choice of transport companies.

delivery_1.jpg

A picture of the car just off the truck. The first chance my two sons had to see the purchase - must've been important to get them up at 8:00 am on a cold Saturday morning !!! My daughter was taking the pictures - she was pretty excited also since this was one of the few pics that was in focus!

What a feeling that first time is!! When your car is finally on home soil..much different than looking at it at the dealer or previous owners...good luck with it.

Welcome to the club and enjoy.

Back