• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My new NSX arives in Boston

My 2003 Silverstone over Onyx just rolled off the InterCity Transport Truck. It successfully made the long journey from SoCal to Boston (7 miles north actually) undamaged. This is my first NSX and I am having difficulty putting into words the range of emotions this event is causing me. Let me first say thank you to Maximus_NSX for making this deal with me and helping me through the process of buying a car from the opposite coast. He conducted himself in a professional and forthright manner and is a testament as to why I wanted to buy my car from a Prime member.

I have been lurking on Prime since Oct 07 and during that time I developed a ferocious appetite for all things NSX. I have bookmarked 50+ links from all the different forum topics, in essence building a library of info for me to refer to. The value Prime has to offer its members cannot be overstated. Thank you Prime for enabling me to make this purchase with confidence.

The car is in tremendous shape. It has 15,800 miles on her from 2 previous owners. Some tasteful and welcomed mods came with the car from a Momo Baby NSX-R wheel to a short shift/short stalk set-up. The car is otherwise stock. I have lusted for the NSX since I was a sophomore in college when the first NSX hit the streets. I was driving an ‘87 RX-7 Turbo II at the time and mod bug had already bitten me hard. I outfitted it with all the HKS go-fast goodies of the day. I am genuinely concerned for what my propensity for mods will be for this car. I can say this however; anything I do to this car will be clean, bolt on only, and as classy as possible. I will not sell my stock parts as I know the value of being able to revert this car back to stock someday. I will take the advice of many seasoned and wise posters who tell noobs like me to drive the car for a while before modding it and that is exactly what I plan to do. A few minor cosmetic/audio enhancements will make it on the car soon though. I will be sure to post as they are installed.

I am excited to finally be able to enjoy this fine automobile. I am also looking forward to contributing back to Prime. Prime is a portal that enhances the NSX experience. I can’t wait to meet up with some fellow members.

Here are some quick pix. Please excuse the house as I am attempting to restore an 1890 Victorian and I am in the process prepping the outside for paint. Thank you for viewing.

IMG_0595.jpg
IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg
IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg
IMG_0603.jpg
IMG_0620.jpg

Congrats! Any problems with InterCity?

Brett, I'm very happy to hear the car arrived safely. I am sure you will get tremendous satisfaction out of her as I did. It is your time to uphold the Silverstone tradition and bag on the inferior color that is LBBP:biggrin: Good luck and take good care of her. I am definitely missing her.:frown:

The transaction with Intercity, at least on my end, was flawless. The driver said he just unloaded a $4,000,000 Jaguar in Monterey right before he picked my car up. If I ever have to use a transport company, Intercity will get my business.

Congrats!

GORGEOUS!

I wish mine came with that steering wheel .... :frown:

Congrats!
Oscar

Nice Car. The first thing that came to mind. I have been to Boston 4 times. The only place in NA, I am sure, that sells bumper guards. People there park using the braille method! Nobody cares about cars in Boston. The buisness to be in is bumper repair!

keep it out of the inner city!

None at all. The driver called me several times throughout the trip to keep me updated. The price was right, $1500 coast to coast which includes the $150k of insurance. I would definitely use them again.

Now if only the California DMV was as easy to deal with. 10 Days to release the title is crazy.

Congrats and welcome :smile: Hope to meet you and see your car at some NE event this year.... the car looks awesome!

-Wick

Sweet, the NE sucked another car outa cali!!! You look to be a serious, enthused, and informed owner good luck.

$1500 is an awesome price coast to coast. I'm guessing you got in on this ad?
I remember paying $1400 from Chicago to Houston via Fedex Passport in the past.

Definitely a nice catch with an excellent deal of the century. I worked on that car and it's basically brand new still. Hope you drive it more than the previous.

hahahaha this is great. Same color!!!

I am so sick of driving around Boston and everyone telling me "Hey, I saw your car on XYZ street, who was that girl you were with? didn't look like your girlfriend"... Now I can blame you for all of it.

It's funny this is Maximus' old car? Well lets get together sometime so I can check out that steering wheel I have been thinking about getting one.

Last edited:
hahahaha this is great. Same color!!!

I am so sick of driving around Boston and everyone telling me "Hey, I saw your car on XYZ street, who was that girl you were with? didn't look like your girlfriend"... Now I can blame you for all of it.

It's funny this is Maximus' old car? Well lets get together sometime so I can check out that steering wheel I have been thinking about getting one.

I'll be your fall guy, no problem. The next few weeks are tough but anytime after that I'd be up for a spring drive if you are interested. I am going to be sending the car up to Mitch at Mechanics Direct in Lowell for him to completely comb over the car and do whatever needs to be done to it next week. Should be good to go by the following week.

I'll be your fall guy, no problem. The next few weeks are tough but anytime after that I'd be up for a spring drive if you are interested. I am going to be sending the car up to Mitch at Mechanics Direct in Lowell for him to completely comb over the car and do whatever needs to be done to it next week. Should be good to go by the following week.

Mitch is a great guys, great shop. I have a couple of warped rotors up front, I'll take them to him so he can swap them out with yours and not tell you and I'll slip him a fin when no one's looking. :biggrin:

OK send me a PM when you have time, I may take mine out of hybernation next week. Have a trackmasters event coming up!! YES!!!

PS. You should talk to me if you are upgrading any of the lighting or wiring in that victorian.

Last edited:
You should have told me you needed a transport!! I am going to Boston the third week in April. I would have made it a bullrun and tested the top speed for ya'. :biggrin:

Jeff

You should have told me you needed a transport!! I am going to Boston the third week in April. I would have made it a bullrun and tested the top speed for ya'. :biggrin:

Jeff

Jeff why don't you bring those CF wheels with you, I want to see how they hold up to the potholes here on my car. If they hold up I will give you $500 for the set and if they bend I will give you $20 and a thank you for your time.

Jeff why don't you bring those CF wheels with you, I want to see how they hold up to the potholes here on my car. If they hold up I will give you $500 for the set and if they bend I will give you $20 and a thank you for your time.

DEAL!! When do you want to set up the transaction? Do you mind absorbing the paypal fees ???? LOL!!

Jeff

Last edited:
Welcome to Brett/Splinter. Glad that the Northeast was able to steal an NSX from SoCal... they have way too many out there already. :)

Good call, sending it to Mitch. The car doesn't look like it will need much, if anything, but it is good peace of mind to have. Keep an eye out for the local events... looking forward to meeting you.

Back