• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My new toy: Aston Martin Vantage

After flip flopping between and test driving:

2005 Mercedes CLS55
2006 Aston Martin Vantage
2004 NSX (04+ Long Beach Blue/Camel ONLY)
2007 BMW 335i Coupe
2007 5 Series
2006 M5
2006 Maserati Quattroporte

I came back to the Vantage after running into a very rare pearl white one. In fact, it's the only pearl white/iron ore car in the US and perhaps, anywhere. The person who ordered the car paid several thousand extra for the morning frost white. It's now a color for 2008 so I only get to be special for a few more months (oh well).

I came very close to buying the NSX I wanted but the seller didn't take my offer. So here I am with the Aston Martin.

It's a great car. I would have to say the NSX drives better but this car is much better as a cruiser. It's comfortable, can be quiet, has a great sound system, all the normal luxury items, and is overflowing with style.

I'll have to wait to till I get a new house and put in a lot more energy into work before I get another NSX or the half-dozen other cars that I'm lusting after! The power of dreams, right? :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_2834.JPG
    IMG_2834.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,290
  • IMG_2837.JPG
    IMG_2837.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,150
  • IMG_2838.JPG
    IMG_2838.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,251
  • IMG_2847.JPG
    IMG_2847.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,515
After flip flopping between and test driving:

2005 Mercedes CLS55
2006 Aston Martin Vantage
2004 NSX (04+ Long Beach Blue/Camel ONLY)
2007 BMW 335i Coupe
2007 5 Series
2006 M5
2006 Maserati Quattroporte

I came back to the Vantage after running into a very rare pearl white one. In fact, it's the only pearl white/iron ore car in the US and perhaps, anywhere. The person who ordered the car paid several thousand extra for the morning frost white. It's now a color for 2008 so I only get to be special for a few more months (oh well).

I came very close to buying the NSX I wanted but the seller didn't take my offer. So here I am with the Aston Martin.

It's a great car. I would have to say the NSX drives better but this car is much better as a cruiser. It's comfortable, can be quiet, has a great sound system, all the normal luxury items, and is overflowing with style.

I'll have to wait to till I get a new house and put in a lot more energy into work before I get another NSX or the half-dozen other cars that I'm lusting after! The power of dreams, right? :cool:

Awesome car. It looks really good. Nice choice.

You were comparing a 335i to an AM? hahaha. You were all over the place weren't you?

Yeah, I was ALL over the place.

Looked at CLS55's but ultimately, I figured I would have gotten bored with it.
Put out a serious offer on a 04 NSX. Seller didn't take it. I walked for $2k.
Looked at used 2006 Vantages (105 - 110k)
Test drove the Vantage, hated it.
Test drove the Quattroporte, loved it.
Almost pulled the trigger on a Quattroporte - found one I loved (previous owner was Ellen Degeneres) but it was sold by the time I saw it.
Used QPs were between 80k - 105k.
Shopping for the right used QP without being able to see them in person became a stressful experience. I also couldn't find the perfect color combo.
So I looked into ordering a new QP but they were only taking orders for autos.
Looked at a 5 series, pretty cool but nothing special.
Drove a manual M5 - didn't feel fast and looked too much like the 5 series I had just driven 10 minutes earlier. I was trying to find the extra 100hp button because the car just didn't have that hard pull.
A friend of mine has a 335i coupe, I really enjoyed driving it and after all the stress of trying to find the right car, buying the 335 would have been like losing but with a good consolation prize.
The only thing that stopped me there was the fact that the dealership wouldn't give me the same deal I had just negotiated for a friend 3 months earlier! It just turned me off to ordering that car (that, and the 8 week wait).
Looked for a used 335i...found nothing.
Decided to look for a QP again but by this time, my business partner was giving me so much flack for buying a 4 door sedan that I started to feel weird about the idea of driving one everyday. I'm not married and don't have any kids, but I figured it would be fun to take 4 people to a club in one stylish car but he pretty much talked me out of it.
So, I went to the Aston dealer one last time (my 3rd time there).

I saw the white one that someone had canceled and I was done. I didn't even test drive it. The color is so stunning in person. I didn't even care how it drove. All the hours of research, shopping, etc. went out the door. My rational side went into a coma and I negotiated a not-too-bad deal and just bought it. I could have easily taken any other car off their lot for much more of a discount.

They must have seen the drool.

Congrats man good purchase! Now try to come out and hang with us sometime. :wink:

So, I went to the Aston dealer one last time (my 3rd time there).

I saw the white one that someone had canceled and I was done. I didn't even test drive it. The color is so stunning in person. I didn't even care how it drove. All the hours of research, shopping, etc. went out the door. My rational side went into a coma and I negotiated a not-too-bad deal and just bought it. I could have easily taken any other car off their lot for much more of a discount.

They must have seen the drool.

Please.......please post some owner's prespective after some miles. We have one stunning new Yellow one here in town at the dealership and I'm so so tempted.

Best Regards
Paul

Congrats on the purchase! Beautiful car but can you post a few more pics?:biggrin:

Beautiful car - the white is just awesome! + 1 for more pics :smile:

looks like you can afford to post some more pics:biggrin:

love both those cars!!! Congrats!!!!

Stunningly beautiful automobile. Congrat's to you and many happy, safe miles.

One word: Gorgeous

It it looks soooo nice next to the 360 Modena. Speaking of dreams, 360 Spider is my next dream, now that the NSX one has come true. :biggrin:

Congrats!

wow...

dollhousethdroolnu9.gif

Nice acquisition! I agree w/ the others, we need more pics... :tongue:

I'm going to take some high quality images with a good camera in a few weeks. Here are some more quick shots.

Attachments

• IMG_2796.jpg
    IMG_2796.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,160
  • IMG_2823.jpg
    IMG_2823.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 975
  • IMG_2826.jpg
    IMG_2826.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,034
  • IMG_2835.jpg
    IMG_2835.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,039
  • IMG_2845.jpg
    IMG_2845.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,141
Aw shit Justin - you're killing me. I'm hot for that car and saw the one you bought advertised on FerrariChar.

Nice choice (no pun) - congratulations.

Can you bring it to C&C on Saturday?

DaveG

I just love the fact that you have an Aston Martin Vantage, Ferrari 360, and a Honda Civic Hybrid. LOL!! Classic!! :D

If I apply the CAFE standards for mileage that the car manufacturers use, I average out 23.5MPG. Without the Civic, my average would be 16.5.

Thanks to the Civic, I'm a better global citizen. And I get to drive in the carpool lane all by myself.

Besides, it somehow feels wrong to take the Aston or the Ferrari to pick up take-out from Chipotle or buy socks from Target. It's great as a first date car too. If the girl is OK with the Civic then I know....

She's not hot enough.

:biggrin: Kidding...!

I would've been content with the 360, but no, Mr.Cool guy here had to go out and purchase an AM Vantage.

Point taken, are you happy now?

I am kidding, congrats on your new buy. This is the stuff dreams are made of. :cool:

Yes, I know I am spoiling myself but I am a car nut and can't help it. Plus, I'm compensating for all of my "hungry" years.

Here's the review I posted on 6pseed...

Anyhow, the car itself is a joy to drive. It's a comfortable, sporty, and stylish way to get around. As a sports car, it doesn't compare to something more dedicated like the 360. The 360 is razor sharp and is always "on". The Aston can be driven so that it's quiet, smooth, and relaxing.

The sound system is good by my standards though the subwoofer can be "boomy". I really enjoy putting in a good CD, turning up the stereo, and taking a comfortable drive somewhere.

Visually, the car has so many nice little touches. I never get tired of looking at the beautiful gauge cluster. The car is just fun to look at it.

It's quick enough to be enjoyable when I get on it though I haven't driven it really hard yet. The exhaust sound is good but I do prefer the higher pitched noise of the 360+Tubi+hi flo cats.

The Vantage really fits what I was looking for: a car that's special, beautiful, comfortable, sporty, has a good sound system.

As for complaints, here are a few things that I wish the car had:

Better front visibility - it's hard to tell where the car ends. Perhaps I just have to get used to it. The dash is high and the roof is low so the front window is on the narrow side.

The seats are hard to get comfortable in. It might has something to do with Aston changing the seats in 07 to accommodate larger people (so I've heard anyway). I never really feel like I sink in into the seat at all.

The radio and other buttons don't have a good tactile feel to them. Everything else feels like a high quality item except for the buttons.

I enjoy the stereo and I'm a compulsive track/station changer. Having steering wheel controls would be nice.

Just about every damn warning the car can give you has already come up for me. Traction control, tire pressure monitor, time for service, don't run with scissors...etc. So far, it hasn't affected anything.

The rubber lining around the hood gets tweaked all by itself. Lifting and closing the hood resets it but then it eventually gets tweaked again.

The car came with belt noise.

I'm sure all of these things will be addressed in the first service and I excepted to have little issues like the ones I listed. So far, it hasn't affected anything.

Overall, I love the car and really enjoy driving it. It seems the professional guys I run into really love the Aston Martin. I've heard "that's my favorite car" from a few guys now. The ladies still like the Ferrari better.

The Aston is the beautiful wife, the Ferrari is the hot sexy mistress, and the Civic is my maid.

that car is too much fun, but I like your 360 better still. Waiting for you to get the Carrera GT next.. DO IT

If I apply the CAFE standards for mileage that the car manufacturers use, I average out 23.5MPG. Without the Civic, my average would be 16.5.

Thanks to the Civic, I'm a better global citizen. And I get to drive in the carpool lane all by myself.

Besides, it somehow feels wrong to take the Aston or the Ferrari to pick up take-out from Chipotle or buy socks from Target. It's great as a first date car too. If the girl is OK with the Civic then I know....

She's not hot enough.

:biggrin: Kidding...!

HAHA!! Please tell me that you took the Ferrari to the Honda dealer when shopping for the Civic Hybrid. That would be the icing on the cake. :redface: :biggrin:

Back